Author Topic: Scott Drew.  (Read 8842 times)

Online chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Scott Drew.
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2021, 09:34:08 AM »
I would have never even thought to compare Scott Drew and Snyder. Mark Few seems more comparable to Snyder to me.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2021, 09:39:34 AM »
I would have never even thought to compare Scott Drew and Snyder. Mark Few seems more comparable to Snyder to me.

I mostly brought it up because somebody on twitter said Scott Drew had the the greatest rebuild in college sports and K-Staters responded with SNYDER!!!!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2021, 09:41:14 AM »
Is it too late for D.Scott to change books?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2021, 09:42:03 AM »
oscar should cover up a murder on his way out. Give us a chance to at least match Drew's greatness.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2021, 09:43:00 AM »

When the final seconds ran off last night the announcers were screaming that the turnaround is complete.... and the Snyder/K-State football turnaround was the first thing I thought of.

Offline KST8FAN

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2021, 10:03:48 AM »
Pretty sure Bill didn't decorate with purple and white crepe paper or bring snacks for Wefald and Miller in 89.

Tom

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2021, 12:19:36 PM »
I think Scott Drew is great. If anything would ruin the movie, it would be that Baylor is a terrible institution, but I think the movie would be able to gloss over all of that easily enough.

This.

Dude is only 50. He might get another one.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2021, 12:39:00 PM »
I think Scott Drew is great. If anything would ruin the movie, it would be that Baylor is a terrible institution, but I think the movie would be able to gloss over all of that easily enough.

This.

It would actually make the movie even better if they didn't gloss over that.  Drew is magnificent despite the cess pool he must wade through.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2021, 02:18:04 PM »
ok but what if Scott Drew gets milkshake duck'd? (I'm not alleging this is the case)

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2021, 03:08:57 PM »

This.

It would actually make the movie even better if they didn't gloss over that.  Drew is magnificent despite the cess pool he must wade through.

Hasn’t Drew’s program been able to avoid basically all of the various scandals that have plagued Baylor’s athletic department? I can’t remember anything bad coming from his hoops squads.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2021, 04:40:31 PM »

This.

Hasn’t Drew’s program been able to avoid basically all of the various scandals that have plagued Baylor’s athletic department? I can’t remember anything bad coming from his hoops squads.

When he first started pulling in some 5 star recruits I remember everyone saying that he must be dirty but nope, never been hit with any NCAA sanctions.

Surprisingly this team did not have any 5 stars on it.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2021, 07:45:14 PM »
Scott Drew and staff used deportation as leverage against Hanner Perea in his recruitment, never forget.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2021, 09:09:17 PM »

This.

When he first started pulling in some 5 star recruits I remember everyone saying that he must be dirty but nope, never been hit with any NCAA sanctions.

Surprisingly this team did not have any 5 stars on it.

I was thinking more along the lines of sexual assaults, regular assaults, duis and the like. But add on being squeaky (enough) clean... big plus!
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2021, 09:59:28 PM »
Scott Drew and staff used deportation as leverage against Hanner Perea in his recruitment, never forget.

That's small potatoes in terms of Baylor scandals.

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2021, 10:48:04 PM »

That's small potatoes in terms of Baylor scandals.

Good basketball coach, awful human being.  Pretty similar to Art Briles.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2021, 12:35:52 AM »

Not Scott Drew, Mark Morefield and Drew shitcanned him.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2021, 07:28:28 AM »
I forgot about how he continually found JUCO guard studs (he had Lecomte after those other guys), then switched to building 1/3 of his team with big time transfers. Also switched from crazy long guys in a zone and played ridiculous man to man defense. Drew is a stud.

Baylor had 3 AP poll appearances before Drew became the HC. Crazy.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2021, 12:33:39 PM »
Scott Drew and Baylor Basketball is a far better movie than LHC LHC Bill Snyder and K-State Football.

it's the human centipede of redemption stories

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2021, 06:24:14 PM »
I think when LaceDarrius broke his girlfriend’s jaw and only missed Grambling, LaSalle and Jackson State is when we knew Drew was going to be great

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2021, 10:32:56 PM »
I think when LaceDarrius broke his girlfriend’s jaw and only missed Grambling, LaSalle and Jackson State is when we knew Drew was going to be great

I didn't know about this and it's pretty mumped up. Look at the quotes from the girlfriend, her attorney, and her dad.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/news/story?id=5652481
"I never expressed any interest in pressing charges nor will I in the future press charges on this incident. I am fine and my jaw is not broken as is being reported. My family and I wish to put this situation behind us. Lace and I will continue our relationship and raising our son in a good environment. I respectfully request that the District Attorney's Office dismiss these charges, and further request that Baylor University lift their suspension."

The attorney going with the, it wasn't broken that bad, just kinda cracked defense
Darling said he believed the case merited nothing more than a misdemeanor charge against Dunn based on the injuries his client sustained. He said she suffered "two minor fractures in her jaw" that were treated with "minor day surgery." He said there was minor swelling and that her jaw was not wired shut, and reports of loose or missing teeth were inaccurate.

Dad just lying out of his ass
The woman's father, Charles Edwards, told The Associated Press from his home in Monroe, La., that his daughter didn't have a broken jaw and that "somebody down there is trying to make a story out of nothing."

The elder Edwards said his daughter was "laughing and giggling" when he went to Waco after the alleged attack.

"If something would have happened to my daughter, I would probably be in jail right now in Waco because I probably would have done something to that young man," said Charles Edwards, who said his daughter is in Monroe. "In this case, she said they were playing, and that's it."

Then Drew off of the top rope with a flippant quote that would definitely get him fired today, well before the natty anyway
https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/news/story?id=5797276

The school made that announcement before their season opener Friday night, when Dunn sat on the bench wearing a vest with a tie over a long-sleeve lavender shirt next to starting guard A.J. Walton, who was serving a suspension of his own.

Coach Scott Drew said after the 87-52 victory over Grambling State that he couldn't comment on Dunn's suspension aside from what had already been announced.

"The good thing is we are excited about when he comes back," Drew said. "As good as he looks on the sideline, we know he's better on the court."

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2021, 10:43:07 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2021, 10:58:17 PM »
https://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=6851.0

Yeah, missed all of that. Pretty impressive that in 4 pages during gE's infancy that there were only 2 racist posts.

I did some social media stalking, Ol' Lace is still playing basketball and is married but not to Charlie, but she and Lace's wife are friends.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2021, 09:01:53 AM »
I had forgotten all about that.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2021, 11:36:55 AM »

Offline wetwillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2021, 12:57:58 PM »
King
https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1382499063241658369

Did you watch the clip?  Guy does one of those cheese dick grins after he says it “pull them out of the hood”.  That dude certainly uses the n word with the hard R.