Author Topic: beck vs hannity vs o'rielly  (Read 3644 times)

Offline fatty fat fat

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
beck vs hannity vs o'rielly
« on: April 03, 2010, 10:04:13 PM »
who do you find most entertaining? love GB's q&a segment, love hannity's looks (jfc  :love:) love o'rielly's pinhead segment.

All three are the very best.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
Re: beck vs hannity vs o'rielly
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 10:10:04 PM »
Tough choice here. Beck really pisses off many goEMAW bbsers, so that is a plus.

I don't think any were a Ron Paul fan though, so that is a minus for all.

Offline Goldbrick

• American by birth, Republican by the grace of God
  • Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 10:30:20 PM »
Glenn Beck is easily the most entertaining. Which isn't saying much.

Prolonged exposure to Hannity's smug face can cause one to crap themselves and forget who they are for an hour.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 11:16:18 PM »
Tough choice here. Beck really pisses off many goEMAW bbsers, so that is a plus.

I don't think any were a Ron Paul fan though, so that is a minus for all.

lol, very true and certainly a plus

Pretty sure Beck has Ron Paul on all the time though?

Ron Paul  :love:

Offline Dirty Sanchez

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 11:19:11 PM »
Glenn Beck is easily the most entertaining. Which isn't saying much.

Prolonged exposure to Hannity's smug face can cause one to crap themselves and forget who they are for an hour.

Outside of being correct on a number of issues, I'm not really sure why Hannity is so popular.  He's fairly hard to listen to.  I'm not really sure why.  Everything seems pretty rehearsed, maybe.

Beck is the most in agreement with Paul, although not in everything.  Foreign policy being the biggest.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 11:35:50 PM »
I used to watch Beck quite a bit but then he flip flopped on his global warming opinion and I've since stopped (and obviously there is no such thing as AGW)

Hannity was much better when Colmes was on the show. Now he's just an arrogant idiot, but still is right on most issues.

O'reilly has been the most consistent and is also right on most issues, but not as entertaining as Beck..

Beck wins

wetwillie

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 12:04:53 PM »
I love conspiracy theory filled rants so I'm inclined to side with beck here, the whole Mormon thing really kills me though.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 01:12:49 PM »
BO

Offline madman

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 01:53:57 AM »
I used to watch Beck quite a bit but then he flip flopped on his global warming opinion and I've since stopped (and obviously there is no such thing as AGW)

Hannity was much better when Colmes was on the show. Now he's just an arrogant idiot, but still is right on most issues.

O'reilly has been the most consistent and is also right on most issues, but not as entertaining as Beck..

Beck wins

I disagree Colmes was an idiot... It might have made it "fair and balanced" but really? I think Hanity is more effective on the radio teamed up with Rush, the pair have caused some serious annoyances for politicians that forget about their constituents. Beck is the most entertaining of the three bringing some occasional comedic relief to the table. O'Reilly is just a sold human. Asks tough questions and might lean to the right but he holds everyone accountable

Offline leroylulu

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2010, 03:44:11 PM »
Love em all!  They're the only people who bring a little common sense to mass media, and aren't in the toilet for Obama. 

:dunno:

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 07:14:27 PM »

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 09:11:30 AM »
I only watch O'Reilly when he's on the view. "Child, please!"  :nono:
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 10:32:39 AM »
tv politics would be pretty boring and one sided without them :dunno:
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 11:26:34 AM »

Offline SuperG

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2010, 12:34:24 AM »

Beck wins

I disagree Colmes was an idiot... It might have made it "fair and balanced" but really? I think Hanity is more effective on the radio teamed up with Rush, the pair have caused some serious annoyances for politicians that forget about their constituents. Beck is the most entertaining of the three bringing some occasional comedic relief to the table. O'Reilly is just a sold human. Asks tough questions and might lean to the right but he holds everyone accountable

...Except himself of course. The last time this guy was entertaining was when he hosted American Journal and chewed the cue card guy out because O'Reilly was too stupid to comprehend what was on the card.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2010, 06:29:12 PM »
Being a true conservative, I would take Hannity over Beck & O'Reilly hands down.  Never have liked Beck.  Can't stand his sense of humor and I don't think he's entertaining.  Plus he's not even a conservative on a number of issues and makes conservatives look bad to those who don't know any better.  O'Reilly has more entertainment value at times, and I used to enjoy watching him more than I have recently.  I listen to Hannity's radio show sometimes, but I would definitely rate him below Limbaugh and Mark Levin.

Having said all that, I don't understand Fatty's op because I thought he was a big lib.  Fatty finally coming around?   :surprised:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2010, 06:42:46 PM »
Being a true conservative, I would take Hannity over Beck & O'Reilly hands down.  Never have liked Beck.  Can't stand his sense of humor and I don't think he's entertaining.  Plus he's not even a conservative on a number of issues and makes conservatives look bad to those who don't know any better.  O'Reilly has more entertainment value at times, and I used to enjoy watching him more than I have recently.  I listen to Hannity's radio show sometimes, but I would definitely rate him below Limbaugh and Mark Levin.

Having said all that, I don't understand Fatty's op because I thought he was a big lib.  Fatty finally coming around?   :surprised:
What makes you a true conservative?  I mean as opposed to fake ones (examples would help).

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2010, 07:20:03 PM »

What makes you a true conservative?  I mean as opposed to fake ones (examples would help).

I meant no condescension by that statement, but I'd be happy to answer your question.  I think I'm a true conservative because I agree with the policies and the philosophies that Ronald Reagan espoused.  People like Rush, Hannity, and Levin are very good at articulating that message today.  Guys like Ron Paul and Glen Beck I would say are not true conservatives because they differ greatly in certain areas from traditional conservatism.  I also don't like Beck because he tends to divide some Republicans, and in order to win elections, the Republicans need to be united.  Anyway, here is a critique with some more specifics in a commentary from Peter Wehner back in September:

I don’t pretend to be an expert on Beck. In the past I assumed he was a typical figure in the pundit and cable-media world. Only recently have I watched portions of his television program, as well as interviews with him, and heard parts of his radio program. And what I’ve seen should worry the conservative movement.

I say that because he seems to be more of a populist and libertarian than a conservative, more of a Perotista than a Reaganite. His interest in conspiracy theories is disquieting, as is his admiration for Ron Paul and his charges of American “imperialism.” (He is now talking about pulling troops out of Afghanistan, South Korea, Germany, and elsewhere.) Some of Beck’s statements—for example, that President Obama has a “deep-seated hatred for white people”–are quite unfair and not good for the country. His argument that there is very little difference between the two parties is silly, and his contempt for parties in general is anti-Burkean (Burke himself was a great champion of political parties). And then there is his sometimes bizarre behavior, from tearing up to screaming at his callers. Beck seems to be a roiling mix of fear, resentment, and anger—the antithesis of Ronald Reagan.

I understand that a political movement is a mansion with many rooms; the people who occupy them are involved in intellectual and policy work, in politics, and in polemics. Different people take on different roles. And certainly some of the things Beck has done on his program are fine and appropriate. But the role Glenn Beck is playing is harmful in its totality. My hunch is that he is a comet blazing across the media sky right now—and will soon flame out. Whether he does or not, he isn’t the face or disposition that should represent modern-day conservatism. At a time when we should aim for intellectual depth, for tough-minded and reasoned arguments, for good cheer and calm purpose, rather than erratic behavior, he is not the kind of figure conservatives should embrace or cheer on.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 09:48:38 PM »
This was linked to the bottom of the NYTimes OpEd
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/17/business/media/17cnn.html?fta=y

Was pretty surprised to read that more people watch Fox than MSNBC and CNN combined...pfft

WTF do GE and Time Warner shareholders think when they see this?!?

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2010, 10:55:21 PM »
If you're a true conservative you should pretty much hate all of those guys.

In fact, there's no real left/right in this country.   Just perpetual propagators of war, only divided by a handful of domestic policy issues.

I am literally LOL at all the fake conservatives bitching about Obama's nuclear treaty . . . it just tells me they are bitching just to be bitching, and they have no real understanding of what's going on.

Ron Paul is way more of a true conservative than Ronald Reagan ever dreamt of being.

Sometimes I wonder what Dick Lugar has to drink to make things ok.

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2010, 11:01:16 PM »
Agree with Dax. Ron Paul is the absolute crap compared to these other fools.

Offline Deez Nutz

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2010, 11:29:41 PM »

I supposed you want to shut down the Federal Reserve, too.   :rolleyes:

Offline pike

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • BIG GREEN EGG!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2010, 11:37:49 PM »

I supposed you want to shut down the Federal Reserve, too.   :rolleyes:

At least have it audited, and should at the least limit it's power.