Author Topic: oscar WEBER MUSHES MARQUETTE, AGREES TO EMAW CONTRACT EXTENSION  (Read 83497 times)

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: oscar WEBER TO MARQUETTE
« Reply #75 on: March 23, 2014, 06:53:03 PM »
Brad needs to come back and calm the waters.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2014, 06:54:50 PM »
Rumors that Currie has been in touch with McNeck about coming here to coach after this season. oscar is as good as gone.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 23, 2014, 06:58:49 PM »
We do not want oscar to leave.  Next year could be amazing.

Yeah, he's proved he is the only basketball coach in America that is capable of winning.

catzacker

« Reply #78 on: March 23, 2014, 07:03:44 PM »
We do not want oscar to leave.  Next year could be amazing.

Yeah, he's proved he is the only basketball coach in America that is capable of winning.

I suppose if we get desperate we could slum it up and take the Iowa state route and just hire some guy with no coaching experience.

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2014, 07:05:49 PM »
If these Marquette fans are to be believed, what college or NBA team besides K-State would be happy with oscar Weber as its coach?

Barcelona
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2014, 07:05:57 PM »

Fwiw the people I know say there is 0% chance Marquette are even going to contact oscar. They could be trying to pull a "these are not the droids you are looking for" on me though.

you also said we were going to wear purple uniforms in our ncaa game

Yeah but that is going off the pattern of the Cats wearing the purple unis for "big" road games.

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2014, 07:06:49 PM »
he isn't leaving you fucks

You are clearly speculating with no real information here
The only rumors have been from message boards and other social media. Here is proof..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2001767-marquette-head-coach-search-latest-updates-and-rumors-after-buzz-williams-exit
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/goldeneagles/marquette-has-contacted-ben-howland-about-coaching-position-b99230955z1-251743241.html
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/goldeneagles/buzz-williams-leaving-marquette-for-virginia-tech-b99230805z1-251575811.html
no talk of oscar in any of those

None of those articles quoted oscar as saying he would not leave us for Marquette
I was proofing that nobody outside of message boards and social media are talking about it.

I don't know Luke.... seems like the writing is on the wall. You'll get over this quicker if you face the denial .... 

Goodbye oscar and thanks for the Confy last year!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2014, 07:37:24 PM »
I worked really, really hard to find somebody that would tell me that oscar Weber cannot get it done, or that oscar Weber is not a good coach, or oscar Weber has got a problem, or some other thing.  To be honest, the further I dug, the better, and better it got.  I simply could not find anything.

http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/033112abd.html

In fairness to Currie, it's not like there was a time machine in the Dallas airport hotel that would've let him look at a Marquette message board 2 years later (and after oscar put in what KSU considers 2 highly successful seasons here) to see that they're terrified of oscar being their coach.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2014, 07:38:45 PM »
While I was googling to find that quote, I read this again - http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/story/Kansas-State-Wildcats-oscar-Weber-Frank-Martin-John-Currie-new-hire-spells-big-trouble-040112

Also, something looked familiar in the Currie comments welcoming oscar.

"We are tremendously excited to welcome oscar, Megan and the entire Weber family to our K-State family," Currie said. "Coach Weber exemplifies everything that we were looking for in our next coach, and I look forward to Wildcat Nation having the opportunity to get to know him and his family. Coach Weber's success as a head coach speaks for itself, which includes eight trips to the NCAA Tournament and a national championship game appearance in 2005. But what impresses me even more about Coach Weber are his core values and belief in the advancement of his players not only on the court but also as model student-athletes and citizens. We set out to find the very best basketball coach for K-State, whose personal values and integrity reflect those of our university and appreciates the unique opportunity of being part of our strong basketball heritage and commitment to championship performances, and we are confident that oscar Weber is that person."

We are thrilled to welcome Jeff, Shanna, Logan, Madison and Jordan Mittie to Manhattan and the K-State family,” Currie said. “Coach Mittie’s success as a head coach at three different institutions, Midwest background as well as his reputation as a top-notch recruiter make him the ideal fit to lead our women’s basketball program. We set out to find the very best basketball coach for K-State, whose personal values and integrity reflects those of our university and one that appreciates the unique opportunity of being part of our strong basketball tradition and commitment to championship performances, and we are confident that Jeff Mittie is that person. I look forward to the entire K-State Nation having the opportunity to get to know him and his family.”

As basketball coach hiring templates go, it's alright. 

Is this the kind of thing that the program college profs use to catch plagiarism would alert to?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 23, 2014, 07:40:53 PM »
I really enjoy the gEing about oscar. Its entertaining.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2014, 07:43:44 PM »
Yes.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 23, 2014, 07:44:23 PM »

But will you miss it when it's gone (to Marquette)?

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 23, 2014, 07:45:29 PM »

But will you miss it when it's gone (to Marquette)?

Oh, in the slim chance he's gone, there would still be Brucing and it would be fun.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 23, 2014, 08:26:10 PM »
Oh, in the slim chance he's gone, there would still be Brucing and it would be fun.

If it's Marquette, he'd be in an NBA (for now) arena, and for any rabble-rousing oscar'rs who'd show up at the presser, a listing of concession stands that presumably have sinks can be found here: http://www.bmoharrisbradleycenter.com/plan-your-visit/arena-food-beverage

Also, Dippin' Dots!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 23, 2014, 08:27:24 PM »
Also, Dippin' Dots!

Man. Extremely jealous now.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2014, 08:28:16 PM »
Also, Dippin' Dots!

Man. Extremely jealous now.

I'm afraid the writing is on the wall.

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2014, 08:57:40 PM »
http://www.muscoop.com/index.php?topic=42939.msg592717;topicseen

They don't want him either. :(

The KState loser fanbase is really the only one which could embrace Weber

So sad  :frown:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2014, 09:03:23 PM »
While I was googling to find that quote, I read this again - http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/story/Kansas-State-Wildcats-oscar-Weber-Frank-Martin-John-Currie-new-hire-spells-big-trouble-040112

Also, something looked familiar in the Currie comments welcoming oscar.

"We are tremendously excited to welcome oscar, Megan and the entire Weber family to our K-State family," Currie said. "Coach Weber exemplifies everything that we were looking for in our next coach, and I look forward to Wildcat Nation having the opportunity to get to know him and his family. Coach Weber's success as a head coach speaks for itself, which includes eight trips to the NCAA Tournament and a national championship game appearance in 2005. But what impresses me even more about Coach Weber are his core values and belief in the advancement of his players not only on the court but also as model student-athletes and citizens. We set out to find the very best basketball coach for K-State, whose personal values and integrity reflect those of our university and appreciates the unique opportunity of being part of our strong basketball heritage and commitment to championship performances, and we are confident that oscar Weber is that person."

We are thrilled to welcome Jeff, Shanna, Logan, Madison and Jordan Mittie to Manhattan and the K-State family,” Currie said. “Coach Mittie’s success as a head coach at three different institutions, Midwest background as well as his reputation as a top-notch recruiter make him the ideal fit to lead our women’s basketball program. We set out to find the very best basketball coach for K-State, whose personal values and integrity reflects those of our university and one that appreciates the unique opportunity of being part of our strong basketball tradition and commitment to championship performances, and we are confident that Jeff Mittie is that person. I look forward to the entire K-State Nation having the opportunity to get to know him and his family.”

As basketball coach hiring templates go, it's alright. 

Is this the kind of thing that the program college profs use to catch plagiarism would alert to?

:surprised:

Great find trim

http://deadspin.com/rick-reillys-latest-self-plagiarism-is-the-worst-1519836119
http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/in-wake-of-rampant-self-plagiarism-rick-reilly-drops-weekly-column_b206632
http://awfulannouncing.com/2014/rick-reilly-caught-copying-and-pasting-his-own-columns-again.html

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2014, 12:02:32 AM »
You Sunday funday and you miss it all. You dorks. #BruceJuice

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2014, 12:05:01 AM »

If you love oscar so much why don't you marry him?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2014, 12:12:45 AM »
[/i]

If you love oscar so much why don't you marry him?
I might!

Offline EMADUB

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2014, 10:32:28 AM »
I will start keeping tabs at MCC. If oscar is really going untucked(30 for 30 joke), JC may look no further than across the street. Our coach, or as we call him: Mr. 400, knows how to recruit, win on the road, and we have banners for days.

Offline KanSt43

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2014, 11:18:26 AM »
Agreed. Want oscar one more year. If he can't be great with next years team then yeah, goodbye.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2014, 02:32:21 PM »
 :surprised: My Uncle Rob was right!