Author Topic: Odd OCD... Paranoia... and Phobias...  (Read 7306 times)

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
Odd OCD... Paranoia... and Phobias...
« on: March 14, 2014, 01:41:16 PM »
I was using the restroom at The Peanut the other night.  They had the air dryers and not paper towels for drying.  Guy finishes up his biz as I am walking in. I finish and he is blow drying.  I am washing my hands and notice him looking at the door and then looking around the room and making some weird whimpering noise holding his hands up in front of him like he's just scrubbed up for surgery.  The door is a pull to open and I realize he's waiting for it to open and doesn't want to touch it.  As I'm drying my hands he makes a couple of feeble attempts to open the door with his elbows to no avail.  I realize unless someone comes in before i'm done I'm going to have to open the door.  This normally would be no problem for me but now knowing that the thought of touching that bacteria ridden handle sickens him and that if I touch it I will in his mind be a disgusting human being and a lesser person in his mind by doing so.  Before I reach for the door I make eye contact and see what can only be described as terror.  He's in his own little hell.  I quickly grab for the handle and open it for him.  He springs out of the room like a wild animal uncaged without as much as a thank you. 

I go back to my table... slightly confused and disturbed but soon am back to myself sipping a Guinness and picking up wings with my diseased hands feeling somewhat sorry for this man. 

People are weird.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Odd OCD... Paranoia... and Phobias...
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 01:45:23 PM »
god, i'm so rough ridin' weird, but i'm super glad i don't have a germ thing
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2014, 02:11:13 PM »
god, i'm so rough ridin' weird, but i'm super glad i don't have a germ thing

This x1000
:dance:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 02:23:44 PM »
It bothers me a lot when people walk on the left or go through the left door on entrances with two doors. Not scared just uncomfortable.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 02:24:54 PM »
If someone doesn't organize their computer files, desk top, drawers, clothes in a somewhat efficient manner I also get very uncomfortable.

Offline ew2x4

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 02:29:00 PM »
I do some small things that I think is just cleaner. If I can't do them, I don't freak out. One thing I do- at restaurants, I try not to put my silverware on the table. I'll put them on my plate or keep them in my napkin. If I can't do it, whatever.

Agree with sd on the door thing.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 02:46:45 PM »
I hate touching wigs.  It might be considered a phobia.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2014, 04:04:09 PM »
1. Making sure doors are locked
2. Making sure the stove & oven are both off
3. Making sure none of the faucets are running

I am super OCD about those 3 things. I am getting better on #1 but 2 and 3 are still bad. I almost qualify for an MTV true life episode.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2014, 04:07:33 PM »

I am super OCD about those 3 things. I am getting better on #1 but 2 and 3 are still bad. I almost qualify for an MTV true life episode.

I think those are things all people who don't get robbed, don't die in a fire, and don't flood their house do.  You're normal.
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2014, 04:11:15 PM »
I cant handle any thing that has to do with cuts/surgery/open wounds/bones sticking out of legs/etc etc etc.

Like a scalpel cutting the skin terrifies me. If I watch it I feel like fainting/puking.

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2014, 04:16:00 PM »

I think those are things all people who don't get robbed, don't die in a fire, and don't flood their house do.  You're normal.

I'm not referring to checking that your stove is off before you leave, I am talking uncontrollable OCD levels.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2014, 04:53:59 PM »
I never lock my doors, like ever

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2014, 05:13:08 PM »
I never lock my doors, like ever

me either.  I want to get to judge some fool.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2014, 06:18:22 PM »
I wash my hands and all, but I'm not afraid of touching things in public.  I look at it as free probiotics that are helping to make me stronger. 

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2014, 08:18:40 PM »
So you don't lock the house or car door when you leave? Because that is what I was referring to, not locking the door with me at home...

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2014, 08:21:20 PM »
i always lock my car, but i literally never lock my apt door

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2014, 08:30:35 PM »
I cant handle any thing that has to do with cuts/surgery/open wounds/bones sticking out of legs/etc etc etc.

Like a scalpel cutting the skin terrifies me. If I watch it I feel like fainting/puking.

I'm the exact same way, even listening to a detailed story without a visual usually does it to me as well. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Stat_Cat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2014, 08:32:32 PM »
I used to room with a guy on business trips that would have to open and inspect every drawer, door, curtain, anything that moved in a hotel, then look under the beds to make sure that
1) Nobody was hiding and going to jump out and get us?
2) Nothing was left behind, he freaked out one time over a wrapper and demanded we move rooms because it was not properly cleaned... The wrapper was under the wall ac unit so it was just shoved under there at some point.

It wouldn't have been a huge deal if he did this only once when we got to the room, but every time we left or came back he did this, also put up the do not disturb sign every time we left, so he knew no one would be in the room.

Made me change roomies, I like having the bed made for me...

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2014, 09:05:09 PM »

I'm the exact same way, even listening to a detailed story without a visual usually does it to me as well.

sliced my thumb one time, and it was all bloody and stuff and i was ok with that.  then i went to the sink to wash it out and saw the cut and all the gross insides and stuff and fainted immediately.  6 stitches  :frown:

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2014, 09:09:15 PM »
what about giving blood?  usually i just look the other direction, but once i accidentally looked at the tube as the blood was spurting into it and was like the closest you can come to fainting without actually fainting.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2014, 10:35:55 PM »
what about giving blood?  usually i just look the other direction, but once i accidentally looked at the tube as the blood was spurting into it and was like the closest you can come to fainting without actually fainting.

I used to give plasma for money in college and I hated it, I couldn't watch them put the needle in.

I cant even watch people shoot up on all the drug shows.

The Big Train

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2014, 12:04:49 AM »
I used to give plasma twice a week and I had to watch them put the needle in or I wouldn't do it, same with shots. Not every time but most times if I go into a bathroom and it has a shower curtain that is closed, I have to look behind it.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2014, 12:17:59 AM »
This is weird for me considering I don't mind touching things in public, but I can't share food. 

I can make out, and do my share of oral on a special lady, but I just can't get myself to share silverware or have another's utensil swirling around in my pasta. 

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2014, 04:20:21 AM »
I count the number of bites I take out of almost anything and I have to eat it all in a number of bites that is a multiple of 5. It's really annoying and I've tried to think of other things to get my mind to stop counting but it rarely, if ever, works.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2014, 04:38:31 AM »
I used to be afraid of evil spirits, but then I realized if I ever saw one, I would immediately become all like #TeamGod and it would backfire on them.  This is why the devil just hides in stuff like weed and ecigs.