Author Topic: Malaysia Airlines  (Read 97171 times)

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Malaysian Airline
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2014, 04:54:24 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/10/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Granted, it is CNN and they just did a bang up job on the Boston Marathon

Online Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2014, 05:07:21 PM »
So is it impossible this thing landed somewhere and nobody saw it?  Private airstrip or something.  I don't know...just seems not debris, maybe it didn't crash?

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2014, 06:07:02 PM »
So is it impossible this thing landed somewhere and nobody saw it?  Private airstrip or something.  I don't know...just seems not debris, maybe it didn't crash?

It's not impossible at all. I don't exactly trust those governments over there.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2014, 07:41:15 AM »
Interpol says that the two passport fakers are not related to any terrorist organization and they don't think terrorism was involved in the aircraft dissapearance.

Offline Johnny Wichita

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2014, 09:16:45 AM »
Obvious case of embezzlement. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2014, 09:37:28 AM »
So how shitty is this blackbox/transponder thing that is supposed to be sending out a signal? 

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2014, 09:53:20 AM »
So how shitty is this blackbox/transponder thing that is supposed to be sending out a signal?

a million dollar idea is to make one that sends out an only slightly pud signal instead of the current model that sends out an extremely pud signal you have to be basically holding your ear right up next to it to hear. then every year or two you make a new one that has a somewhat less pud signal and make all the airlines upgrade again.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2014, 10:04:06 AM »
That would be way way more than a million dollar idea.  Prolly a billion dollar idea.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2014, 10:05:38 AM »
my trillion dollar idea is for it to live update to the cloud so we never have to try to find a pud box.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2014, 10:08:01 AM »
Just take a Galaxy S4, tape it to the bottom of the captain's seat, plug in the charger, turn on the GPS, turn on the wireless, buy access to the wifi on the plane, and have the tower DL manage my phone(or whatevs your Wichita ppl were trying to do with that lost phone and the jalepeno popcorn). 

Boom! plane is found like three days ago.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2014, 10:14:57 AM »
They need to have dashcams

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2014, 10:17:25 AM »
They need to have dashcams
every passenger wears life alert. dont worry just press the button and help is on the way

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2014, 10:47:45 AM »
Good theories?? 

Hijacked, transponder turned off and flown to unknown destination at low altitude??   

If so, why ? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2014, 10:55:20 AM »
my trillion dollar idea is for it to live update to the cloud so we never have to try to find a pud box.

they already do to some extent - so the maintenance crew is alerted to things requiring attention before the plane lands so it can get back in the air asap.   but to do what you're really getting at, it's way too much data, think about how many airlines are flying in the air right now around the world. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2014, 11:32:54 AM »
Good theories?? 

Hijacked, transponder turned off and flown to unknown destination at low altitude??   

If so, why ? 

It would be hard as hell to hijack a 777 and not have anyone on the aircraft call or text on their cell phone at some point to alert someone. I mean, what are you using as weapon to subdue 250 passengers while also flying the bird or forcing the pilot to do so. the only way is if the pilot just took the thing and didn't tell anyone where he was going and all the passengers were dumb to the fact.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2014, 11:54:57 AM »

Good theories?? 

If so, why ? 

It would be hard as hell to hijack a 777 and not have anyone on the aircraft call or text on their cell phone at some point to alert someone. I mean, what are you using as weapon to subdue 250 passengers while also flying the bird or forcing the pilot to do so. the only way is if the pilot just took the thing and didn't tell anyone where he was going and all the passengers were dumb to the fact.

Those are all excellent points SD.   Possibly the plane was in a location where there was no cell signal?   Yes I know there is all kinds of new technology, but in terms of aircraft mobility, while it's good stuff, it's not perfect, and was that technology even on that aircraft?   Plus it can be switched off easily.   

The hijackers managed to get weapons on board?   

Just a thought.

The lack of any debris is very puzzling. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2014, 12:06:59 PM »
Pilot performed very good emergency water landing, avoided breaking up, and plane with all aboard sank, all while radio was not functional.

Guys on 980 in KC said that this specific plane had maint issues in the last two years and that Malaysian Air isn't as diligent in maint as they should be.  No clue if this is the case or just some news guy's opinion. 

Offline Boom Roasted

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2014, 12:10:23 PM »
Have you guys never seen the first 5 seasons of Lost?  They are def on an island with crazy stuff happening. 

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2014, 12:45:29 PM »
Did you guys ever see that TV show "The Event"? An airliner disappeared in that show and reappeared in a desert. Maybe they should be looking in deserts.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2014, 12:50:21 PM »
Did you guys ever see that TV show "The Event"? An airliner disappeared in that show and reappeared in a desert. Maybe they should be looking in deserts.
Well, maybe it landed in your shoe and is in your closet? Has anybody looked in all of your shoes?

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2014, 12:55:17 PM »
Maybe this like "Left Behind".  Sorry to those reading this, you didn't make the cut.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2014, 01:24:47 PM »
Philadelphia Experiment Part II:  It worked-kinda

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2014, 01:36:50 PM »
There was a really good episode of Airwolf (nm, every episode is really good) where a plane was hijacked and crashed into the ocean but it stayed together and sank to the bottom so the terrorists were still able to hold the passengers for ransom.  That plane was a 747 so Boeing has a documented history of making large planes that can survive water landings intact.