Author Topic: Malaysia Airlines  (Read 97250 times)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Malaysian Airline
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2014, 07:52:36 PM »
They had connecting flights to Amsterdam booked too, which is weird.

Offline GoodForAnother

• It was all a scheme I used to read emaw magazine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • You hate to see this Mike
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2014, 10:49:53 PM »

maybe they were fuel dumping to cut costs
emaw

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2014, 07:00:34 AM »

maybe they were fuel dumping to cut costs

Travel agency they purchased their tickets from said they requested the cheapest flights to Europe with no request to route through China. Could be they just wanted to get to Europe and the aircraft going down is unrelated. Tough break for them if so. Also, Malaysian authorities claim they have the identity of one of them but haven't released it. Only said that they aren't Malaysian.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2014, 12:01:36 PM »
Clues in the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 remain elusive, with authorities unable to connect debris or oil slick samples to the missing jetliner.

An orange object spotted this morning -- originally thought to be a life raft -- had nothing to do with the plane wreckage, Vietnam’s National Committee for Search and Rescue told ABC News. The item turned out to be an orange circular side cover of an industrial cable reel. Reports of a different suspicious floating object emerged Sunday, but that object was later ruled out as being connected to the missing jet by Vietnam and Malaysian authorities.

Additionally, oil slick samples found about 100 nautical miles from Malaysia's east coast of Kelantan, just south of the point of last contact, turned out to have no connection to the missing plane after analysis by Malaysian authorities.

Do we have a new Bermuda triangle on our hands?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2014, 12:10:11 PM »
oh my god where on earth is this plane

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2014, 12:15:49 PM »
oh my god where on earth is this plane

Maybe it's not  :popcorn:

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2014, 12:20:04 PM »
So now they thinking the stolen passports is immigration related?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2014, 12:24:13 PM »
Talked to a friend who is part owner of a company who makes aircraft parts, and he felt it was highly improbable that even with a high altitude catastrophic event, that there wouldn't be significant amounts of floating debris, even if disbursed over a wide area.   Lots of stuff on jet liners, particularly one's carrying passengers that float.   

This is a weird deal.   :ohno:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2014, 12:27:12 PM »

could be. why would they ask to get to europe the cheapest way possible and then blow up an aircraft on the way to china before their connection? if they wanted to blow up a bunch of europeans they would have waited for their connection. if they wanted to blow up a bunch of chinese they would have asked to book a flight to china.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2014, 12:30:50 PM »
Anyone know what would happen if it was some kind of EMP attack?  Would everything on the plane just shut down at once sending it straight down into the ocean?

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2014, 12:33:29 PM »
Anyone know what would happen if it was some kind of EMP attack?  Would everything on the plane just shut down at once sending it straight down into the ocean?

At 35,000 ft, nothing is straight down

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2014, 12:35:42 PM »
Well, not literally. Just curious what would happen if this occured.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2014, 12:38:27 PM »

that would now be my guess. why would they ask to get to europe the cheapest way possible and then blow up an aircraft on the way to china before their connection? if they wanted to blow up a bunch of europeans they would have waited for their connection. if they wanted to blow up a bunch of chinese they would have asked to book a flight to china.

they could have done the research on what the cheapest flights were and just had the travel agency book it. That's generally what I do at work.

What's crazy is how busy that general area is for air and shipping traffic. I guess it's a little out of the way for a lot of Singapore shipping traffic, but there has to be a ton of air traffic there from Singapore and Malaysia to the other Asian hubs.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2014, 12:42:00 PM »

that would now be my guess. why would they ask to get to europe the cheapest way possible and then blow up an aircraft on the way to china before their connection? if they wanted to blow up a bunch of europeans they would have waited for their connection. if they wanted to blow up a bunch of chinese they would have asked to book a flight to china.

they could have done the research on what the cheapest flights were and just had the travel agency book it. That's generally what I do at work.

What's crazy is how busy that general area is for air and shipping traffic. I guess it's a little out of the way for a lot of Singapore shipping traffic, but there has to be a ton of air traffic there from Singapore and Malaysia to the other Asian hubs.

yeah, but if they are going that far to cover their tracks they would have booked a round trip instead of a one way. maybe they didn't have the money though.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2014, 12:43:10 PM »
So... no explosion, no distress call, no debris, no claims of responsibility... 

ALIENS
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2014, 12:53:49 PM »

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2014, 01:03:31 PM »
i'm thinking explosive decompression

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2014, 01:18:28 PM »
http://www.onesecondafter.com/pb/wp_d10e87d9/wp_d10e87d9.html

AND PLANES?

This is a terrifying aspect of an attack that no government report has publicly discussed along with the potential casualty rate in the first seconds after an attack.     Commercial airliners today are all computer driven.   In fact, from lift off to landing, a pilot no longer even needs to be in the cockpit, a computer can do all of it if need be.    When the pilot pulls back on the “stick” it is no longer connect by wires stretching all the way back to the tail and the elevator assembly.   Instead, his motion is read by a computer which sends a signal to an electrical servo-motor in the tail, which then moves the tail.   In short, the entire plane is computer driven.     It is estimated that at any given moment during regular business hours, somewhere between three to four thousand commercial airliners are crisscrossing the skies.  (There is a fascinating site you can find via Goggle that shows typical air traffic around the world during a twenty four hour period.  From dawn til way after dusk, the entire USA is one glowing blob of commercial flights crisscrossing our sky).   All of them would be doomed, the pilots sitting impotent, staring at blank computer screens, pulling on controls that no longer respond as the plane finally noses over and heads in.

:dunno:

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2014, 01:35:38 PM »
why book through a travel agency if youre a terrorist?

also, I heard somewhere they thought the plane was banking to turn back to kuala lumpur when they lost contact?
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2014, 02:31:27 PM »
http://www.onesecondafter.com/pb/wp_d10e87d9/wp_d10e87d9.html

AND PLANES?

This is a terrifying aspect of an attack that no government report has publicly discussed along with the potential casualty rate in the first seconds after an attack.     Commercial airliners today are all computer driven.   In fact, from lift off to landing, a pilot no longer even needs to be in the cockpit, a computer can do all of it if need be.    When the pilot pulls back on the “stick” it is no longer connect by wires stretching all the way back to the tail and the elevator assembly.   Instead, his motion is read by a computer which sends a signal to an electrical servo-motor in the tail, which then moves the tail.   In short, the entire plane is computer driven.     It is estimated that at any given moment during regular business hours, somewhere between three to four thousand commercial airliners are crisscrossing the skies.  (There is a fascinating site you can find via Goggle that shows typical air traffic around the world during a twenty four hour period.  From dawn til way after dusk, the entire USA is one glowing blob of commercial flights crisscrossing our sky).   All of them would be doomed, the pilots sitting impotent, staring at blank computer screens, pulling on controls that no longer respond as the plane finally noses over and heads in.

:dunno:

Scary in a world of trade offs. 

It sounds like the pilot was a good one, with lots of experience and capabilities.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2014, 02:34:10 PM »
Who benefits from the Chinese response?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2014, 03:52:37 PM »
Who benefits from the Chinese response?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently watched Phantom on netflix, a submarine movie for those interested, and Russia benefits from a Chinese response.  I do not entirely recall how.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2014, 04:44:02 PM »
someone left their cell phone on

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2014, 04:51:56 PM »
They said an Iranian booked the tickets initially.  Def not conclusive but could point towards terrorism.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2014, 04:53:05 PM »
are there links to all these claims?