Author Topic: KSU vs. Flood Aggie, Good, Bad, Maybe Ranked for Monday?  (Read 2711 times)

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
KSU vs. Flood Aggie, Good, Bad, Maybe Ranked for Monday?
« on: March 02, 2014, 11:57:34 AM »
K-States Home Court dominance continues. A pretty solid crowd witnessed a team outlast a pretty good Iowa State team.

The Good

K-State played 10 players successfully vs. Iowa State who played 7 guys (Naz Long for only 7 minutes).
    Shane was 4-6 from 3 point land
    6 Wildcats were perfect from the free throw line (Westicles, Foster, Johnson and Johnson, Thomas, Lawrence
    DJamer was also perfect from the field 5-5 ( I do not want to hear this crap about redshirting him next year)

The Bad

We lost rebounding by 7. We were not blocking out very effectively for much of the game.
    The officials were not very good.
    Nino was the only Wildcat not to score

Maybe Ranked for Big Monday?

The pollsters might give us some love just in time for a primetime matchup on Big Monday.
    With a win at Gallagher Iba we can probably move up 2 seeds in the tournament.
    After rushing the floor on Saturday will the Cowboys be ready for us on Monday?
    I am looking at a #6 seed for the Cats if we can split this week and a #5 seed if we can get to the Big 12 tournament Championship.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: KSU vs. Flood Aggie, Good, Bad, Maybe Ranked for Monday?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 12:00:16 PM »
Lol at the officials comment. Very Iowa-Statey
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 12:02:49 PM »
K-State played how they should at home vs a ranked team to get a win. Pretty simple, really.

Offline williamthewildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 12:11:11 PM »
On "The good" side:

I'm becoming a believer in Nigel Johnson. He showed tremendous quickness on several occasions last night and twice finished drives at the rim. Maybe he's getting settled into this O.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 12:24:24 PM »

The Good

DJamer was also perfect from the field 5-5 ( I do not want to hear this crap about redshirting him next year)

No one is talking about it, so I'm pretty sure you won't hear about it.  What a weird idea, anyway.  "Hey guys, you know that junior who has been our #2 center for the last two years?  Yeah, I think we're going to redshirt him this year."
:adios:

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 12:26:06 PM »

The Good

No one is talking about it, so I'm pretty sure you won't hear about it.  What a weird idea, anyway.  "Hey guys, you know that junior who has been our #2 center for the last two years?  Yeah, I think we're going to redshirt him this year."

Yeah, i've literally never heard anyone say that

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 12:34:09 PM »
it was discussed on gopowercat. didn't mean to involve you guys with that.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 12:37:46 PM »
I think it would be dumb, but could see how some people would bring up the idea, especially if Bolden would be slated in front of him on the depth chart, which I am not convinced he will be.

Offline Johnny Thunderbone

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 12:44:40 PM »
it was discussed on gopowercat. didn't mean to involve you guys with that.

Assuming any combination of words you read there will be reiterated here is fallacy.

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 12:45:20 PM »
I think it would be dumb, but could see how some people would bring up the idea, especially if Bolden would be slated in front of him on the depth chart, which I am not convinced he will be.

DJamer has really taking a big step forward in the last few weeks.  Earlier in the conf season, I can see how the subject could have been discussed. Right now, unless he isn't healthy next year or he is clearly the 5th option behind Gip, Nino, Hurt and Bolden..... then I think the idea of the redshirt wont be considered

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 12:47:48 PM »

DJamer has really taking a big step forward in the last few weeks.  Earlier in the conf season, I can see how the subject could have been discussed. Right now, unless he isn't healthy next year or he is clearly the 5th option behind Gip, Nino, Hurt and Bolden..... then I think the idea of the redshirt wont be considered

I'll be surprised if he isn't an option ahead of Hurt and Bolden
:adios:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 12:49:13 PM »

We've seen Gip/DJamer together quite a bit in the 2nd half of the Big 12. I think we'll see 2 bigs more next year too.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 12:51:19 PM »

I am looking at a #6 seed for the Cats if we can split this week and a #5 seed if we can get to the Big 12 tournament Championship.

I obviously hope you are right, but no one else has us this high.  What makes you so sure? :dunno:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 12:53:54 PM »

We've seen Gip/DJamer together quite a bit in the 2nd half of the Big 12. I think we'll see 2 bigs more next year too.

I think we start with Nigel/JT, Marcus, Wes, Hurt, and Gip next year.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 01:08:38 PM »
I think we start with Nigel/JT, Marcus, Wes, Hurt, and Gip next year.

It will be interesting to see how Hurt does his first year, its hard to tell with JUCOs anymore. Hopefully he can come in and play right away, but right now I'd give the nod to DJamer or Bolden because of their experience in the program. Either way, we should be in much better shape with our bigs next season.

Offline GetVocalwithCurt

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2014, 01:29:06 PM »
I would love to see us use more high-low next year with Gip and Hurt.
"I'll be back"
-Curtis Kelly

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2014, 01:41:38 PM »

Honestly, I'm anxious to see another year of DJamer's development. I really enjoy how effective DJamer is on slipping a pick and roll. Also, he had a great possession where he worked inside with 4 out, found a gap, and finished off a nice pass from JT I believe. And the spin move! :love:

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2014, 01:53:28 PM »

I obviously hope you are right, but no one else has us this high.  What makes you so sure? :dunno:

Well Lunardi's   #6 seeds are currently

Ohio State
Texas
UMass
Iowa

In my opinion we are neck and neck with Ohio State (got swept by Penn State) and Texas (we split with Texas and might finish higher in conference).

Iowa has done a really good job of limiting bad losses and probably deserve to be a 5 or 6 seed.

UMass is 2-0 against the top 1-25 RPI and has a fantastic RPI but is unranked. I am unsure about where they will land.

It is pretty universally acknowledged that the Big 10 and Big 12 are the two best conferences and that will help us in the tournament selection.

If we went 11-7 in the Big 12 and finished in the top 25 I am going to bet on a 6 seed.  Our wins against Gonzaga and George Washington still look good and and Georgetown doesn't look bad.

Baylor is an RPI 41 and OSU is a 44 according to ESPN.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2014, 02:00:35 PM »
I honestly don't know what we are getting in Hurt. You can see box scores of his games here: http://nwfraiders.com/sports/mbkb/2013-14/schedule. He fell out of the starting lineup late as the team was making an unsuccessful push to get in the juco playoffs and didn't play in the final game they had to win to move on.
Maybe an injury, but who knows and you won't get any info on that from the recaps provided.

Honestly, I'm anxious to see another year of DJamer's development. I really enjoy how effective DJamer is on slipping a pick and roll. Also, he had a great possession where he worked inside with 4 out, found a gap, and finished off a nice pass from JT I believe. And the spin move! :love:

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2014, 02:19:22 PM »
Maybe an injury, but who knows and you won't get any info on that from the recaps provided.

It was covered on #BruceInBed.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2014, 02:20:11 PM »
I honestly don't know what we are getting in Hurt. You can see box scores of his games here: http://nwfraiders.com/sports/mbkb/2013-14/schedule. He fell out of the starting lineup late as the team was making an unsuccessful push to get in the juco playoffs and didn't play in the final game they had to win to move on.

:ohno:
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2014, 02:23:13 PM »
@TrimGoEMAW  Mar 1
Big Meat's team Stephen got hurt actually he hurt his arch down the stretch sat out came back and then big game ... #oscar

@TrimGoEMAW  Mar 1
... he got his pupil scratched so he can't get to hutch now. Alvin went down gave him a little love. #oscar