Author Topic: No Easy BUCKETS!!  (Read 1431 times)

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
No Easy BUCKETS!!
« on: February 27, 2014, 11:59:18 AM »
Does it seem to anyone else that after the KU slaughter in Lawrence oscar told the guys to foul hard when players are going in for a layup? I think that Nino flagrant in the Tech game is a prime example.  I like it, but I'm curious if there are any statistics or facts on that as a coaching strategy.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: No Easy BUCKETS!!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 12:04:00 PM »
we all agree that F1 was a terrible call right?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 12:08:27 PM »
It seemed like the refs were attempting a "well we called the other one" on something that was incomparable.  If you watch that moment in real time as compared to the earlier F1 in real time, it is obvious they are different.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 12:15:56 PM »
true story - after the ku slaughter, oscar called a special film only meeting with the boys.  this meeting was held in the film room at the BTF.  he had the team walk in to the room in a single file line.  the theatre was completely dark except for the coaches who were standing under the film screen wearing hooded cloaks and holding candles. 

when the team was seated, oscar raised his head and took of his hood.  he had a special effects artist paint his face so he looked like the emperor in star wars.  he then showed clips of different horror movies and nicknamed players the killer from the horror movie.  his explanation was that he wants them to foul players as if they were murderers.  here's the list-

gipson - michael myers
nino - voorhees
spradling - leatherface
shane - chucky
DJamer - the alien from predator
foster - jaws
thomas - pinhead
Westicles - the alien from alien
omari - jaws
nigel - norman bates

then they turned on the lights and he had coach brooks bring in some little caesars for the guys and they all had dinner together.   coach brooks forgot to get napkins so they just used their cloaks.  so when you hear coach weber yell out "LEATHERFACE" during a game, he's calling on will to do a strong intentional foul.  or "JAWS" - go get him omari.  you get the gist of it. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 12:24:39 PM »
Super insidery info right here folks (mushburger voice).  :surprised:
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2014, 12:39:34 PM »
Blake Young will always be "The Predator" to me.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2014, 12:40:44 PM »
true story - after the ku slaughter, oscar called a special film only meeting with the boys.  this meeting was held in the film room at the BTF.  he had the team walk in to the room in a single file line.  the theatre was completely dark except for the coaches who were standing under the film screen wearing hooded cloaks and holding candles. 

when the team was seated, oscar raised his head and took of his hood.  he had a special effects artist paint his face so he looked like the emperor in star wars.  he then showed clips of different horror movies and nicknamed players the killer from the horror movie.  his explanation was that he wants them to foul players as if they were murderers.  here's the list-

gipson - michael myers
nino - voorhees
spradling - leatherface
shane - chucky
foster - jaws
thomas - pinhead
omari - jaws
nigel - norman bates

then they turned on the lights and he had coach brooks bring in some little caesars for the guys and they all had dinner together.   coach brooks forgot to get napkins so they just used their cloaks.  so when you hear coach weber yell out "LEATHERFACE" during a game, he's calling on will to do a strong intentional foul.  or "JAWS" - go get him omari.  you get the gist of it.
:lol:

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2014, 01:28:00 PM »

gipson - michael myers
nino - voorhees
spradling - leatherface
shane - chucky
foster - jaws
thomas - pinhead
omari - jaws
nigel - norman bates

Omari being jaws  :ROFL:

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2014, 02:26:29 PM »
Foster and Omari can't both be Jaws - I bet Omari is actually Jaws 3D

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 04:28:47 PM »
we all agree that F1 was a terrible call right?

Right. Nino hit the guy on the wrist. The officials were pretty bad both ways on Tuesday. On the opening possession of the game Wes pushed a Tech player to the floor and they called traveling...

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 05:26:25 PM »
i wonder what the op's thoughts are on back door plays tia

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 06:02:36 PM »
You can't have EMAPE without JAWS.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2014, 07:49:32 PM »

gipson - michael myers
nino - voorhees
spradling - leatherface
shane - chucky
foster - jaws
thomas - pinhead
omari - jaws
nigel - norman bates

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2014, 10:14:53 PM »
I think we were noticibly more NEB in the KU at home game, i think thats how you have to do it against some teams.  KU runs their offense, but when their dance card doesn't match the tune they resort to Wiggins charging the lane, head down to draw the foul.  I'm pretty LBBIQ but it seems that if they want the foul you give it to them, and make tier bruises question doing it again.