Author Topic: Obama to monitor newsrooms  (Read 998 times)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Obama to monitor newsrooms
« on: February 20, 2014, 01:57:25 PM »
This should be interesting.

Last May the FCC proposed an initiative to thrust the federal government into newsrooms across the country. With its "Multi-Market Study of Critical Information Needs," or CIN, the agency plans to send researchers to grill reporters, editors and station owners about how they decide which stories to run. A field test in Columbia, S.C., is scheduled to begin this spring.

The purpose of the CIN, according to the FCC, is to ferret out information from television and radio broadcasters about "the process by which stories are selected" and how often stations cover "critical information needs," along with "perceived station bias" and "perceived responsiveness to under served populations."

How does the FCC plan to dig up all that information? First, the agency selected eight categories of "critical information" such as the "environment" and "economic opportunities," that it believes local newscasters should cover. It plans to ask station managers, news directors, journalists, television anchors and on-air reporters to tell the government about their "news philosophy" and how the station ensures that the community gets critical information.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Obama to monitor newsrooms
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 01:59:17 PM »
One step closer to Hitler, amirite?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 02:01:19 PM »
 :lol:

here's what they will find in a newsroom (if true!):  reporters go into work in the morning, look through yahoo! news, and then find a local spin.  In between that, they talk about sports and where they are going to go party that night.

YOU'RE WELCOME, OBAMA.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 02:01:46 PM »
Wait, I thought Liberals already controlled the media?   :D

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2014, 03:18:08 PM »
You guys have zero imagination.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 03:19:12 PM »
You guys have zero imagination.

I HAVE SHITLOADS  :angry:

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 03:29:45 PM »

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2014, 03:49:28 PM »
seems to me republicans would like a study like this as it would prove that the fairness doctrine is still no longer needed  :dunno:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2014, 03:58:04 PM »
Meh, seems like questions that need to be asked but the FCC probably isn't the best organization to ask them.  Regardless, I will save the outrage for when there is something to be outraged about.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 06:56:01 PM »
Look at all the police state liberals  :D

goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd