Author Topic: Responsible gun owner protects personal property  (Read 121305 times)

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Responsible gun owner protects personal property
« Reply #875 on: April 11, 2017, 02:44:56 PM »
Lots of wives take an oath before God to give themselves unconditionally to their husbands.

For real?

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: April 11, 2017, 04:00:07 PM »
Lots of wives take an oath before God to give themselves unconditionally to their husbands.

Have any proof to back up this claim? I have never heard of this happening. . .ever.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 11, 2017, 04:04:33 PM »
You've never been to a wedding?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: April 11, 2017, 04:06:36 PM »

Have any proof to back up this claim? I have never heard of this happening. . .ever.
I went to a wedding where the wife was pronounced dead because they were now one person (the man).

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 11, 2017, 04:13:31 PM »
I didnt realize there were so many low information wedding attendees in this thread.

Nothing I have ever heard at a wedding implies that the woman is below the man or is his property.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: April 11, 2017, 04:15:01 PM »
You should expand your horizons DC Cat. I'm met plenty of women who obey their husbands without question. To me this is akin to being property.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: April 11, 2017, 04:15:12 PM »
Like a pet.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 11, 2017, 04:19:07 PM »
SDK please define "plenty of women" for me. Earlier I claimed that 1% of Trump voters could fit that category. That would be 629,796 people. Do you think based on how many women that you are aware of who want to be "like a pet" for their husbands you could safely say that claim is false?

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: April 11, 2017, 04:33:05 PM »
I didnt realize there were so many low information wedding attendees in this thread.

Just 1 so far
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: April 11, 2017, 04:37:12 PM »
In my youth I was close with two large families and they children are all married and live life as I described.

I've also met a few women who converted to this strict level of religion.

These couples make up roughly half of the conservatives I know and were all pounding social media for Trump.

Their church is also quite large in MHK.

From this, 24 couples, I feel confident that at least 1% of Trump voters view women as be submissive to her husband and to do all that he says without flinching.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: April 11, 2017, 06:33:33 PM »
In my youth I was close with two large families and they children are all married and live life as I described.

I've also met a few women who converted to this strict level of religion.

These couples make up roughly half of the conservatives I know and were all pounding social media for Trump.

Their church is also quite large in MHK.

From this, 24 couples, I feel confident that at least 1% of Trump voters view women as be submissive to her husband and to do all that he says without flinching.

Not really sure what argument you're trying to make, other than pointing out that some religious sects have fundamentalist views about the role of women in the household. However, even in such a worldview, the women occupy equally important but less public roles. And if a woman in a secular society voluntarily chooses to convert to such a lifestyle, you can hardly say she is being subjugated against her will. Property rights are like a bundle of sticks (there was a shorter term for this, but I chose not to use it), and one of the biggest sticks in the bunch is the right to dispose of your property as you see fit. I'm sure you'll grant me that murder and divorce are not tolerated in these religious groups.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 11, 2017, 06:39:25 PM »
Who said anything about it being against her will? All parties I've met are willing participant.

Murdering a dog is not acceptable either.

I'm not trying to demean anyone or cut down their lifestyle. They are all happy with their lives and I  am happy for them.

Perhaps i have a more lenient view on being property. When you have to check with your husband all through out the day to let him know what you are doing and he becomes upset when you don't, when he tells you how to dress, and what to do everyday that is property to me.

Does it mean the wife is treated like trash? Abused? Belittled? No. But neither are dogs, cats, etc.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 11, 2017, 06:42:58 PM »
Who said anything about it being against her will? All parties I've met are willing participant.

Murdering a dog is not acceptable either.

I'm not trying to demean anyone or cut down their lifestyle. They are all happy with their lives and I  am happy for them.

Perhaps i have a more lenient view on being property. When you have to check with your husband all through out the day to let him know what you are doing and he becomes upset when you don't, when he tells you how to dress, and what to do everyday that is property to me.

Does it mean the wife is treated like trash? Abused? Belittled? No. But neither are dogs, cats, etc.

My property does none of these things for me. Am I doing it wrong?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 11, 2017, 06:44:29 PM »
OTOH, maybe I am property, because several of those apply to my bae :dunno:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 11, 2017, 07:12:51 PM »
Hahaha no and I don't care to debate it further. Like I said they are all happy in relationships I don't understand and seem very foreign to me. Perhaps I have it all wrong.

Anyway, they are happy as far as I can tell and that's all that matters.

Online Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 11, 2017, 08:01:35 PM »
I've never heard that in the vows.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 11, 2017, 10:24:58 PM »
You should check out a crazy Baptist wedding. 

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 11, 2017, 11:24:02 PM »
The families I knew were all Southern Baptists.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 12, 2017, 08:21:38 AM »
Maybe pay attention then?  Or maybe I hit the jackpot in ultra crazy Baptists and my perspective is skewed? 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 12, 2017, 08:27:06 AM »
You should check out a crazy Baptist wedding.

I've been to one. No dancing, no booze. Just cake and non-alcoholic punch and then everyone went home. Never again.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 12, 2017, 08:32:14 AM »
Maybe pay attention then?  Or maybe I hit the jackpot in ultra crazy Baptists and my perspective is skewed?

I think this might be accurate. I feel like I have been to a lot of Kansas weddings. . .and none were of this type.

This disagreement could be seen as a microcosm of the greater difference between the dems and pubs on this board. We all have different experiences, so something obvious to one person seems foreign to another and vice versa.

I have never known anyone that owned a gun that wasn't almost overly responsible with it. Even if they were a little lax, they weren't going to bring it out in an inappropriate situation and would never discharge it in a place that wasn't strictly allowed. (Mind you, I am young enough most of my friends aren't to the "stand your ground to protect the family" stages of their lives).

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 12, 2017, 08:33:43 AM »
Might have been the same one?  :sdeek:  Did a super cool guy offer you some booze in the parking lot? 

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 12, 2017, 08:40:22 AM »
Might have been the same one?  :sdeek:  Did a super cool guy offer you some booze in the parking lot?

Nobody offered me booze, but I made sure to eat dinner with a few friends at a place that served booze after it was over.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 12, 2017, 08:50:18 AM »

I think this might be accurate. I feel like I have been to a lot of Kansas weddings. . .and none were of this type.

This disagreement could be seen as a microcosm of the greater difference between the dems and pubs on this board. We all have different experiences, so something obvious to one person seems foreign to another and vice versa.

I have never known anyone that owned a gun that wasn't almost overly responsible with it. Even if they were a little lax, they weren't going to bring it out in an inappropriate situation and would never discharge it in a place that wasn't strictly allowed. (Mind you, I am young enough most of my friends aren't to the "stand your ground to protect the family" stages of their lives).

RE: disagreement...at least with respect to myself...I know I can come off prickly sometimes.  I'm aware that I agree with 95% of the stuff posted, and because I agree I don't really comment.  It's the very small percentage that I disagree with that I comment on.  I'm sure that makes me appear to be disagreeable.  Anyway, I certainly don't post to try and let people know I'm right, I'm just searching for the truth through conversation, and sometimes I have been wrong and have changed my mind. 

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 12, 2017, 08:58:19 AM »

RE: disagreement...at least with respect to myself...I know I can come off prickly sometimes.  I'm aware that I agree with 95% of the stuff posted, and because I agree I don't really comment.  It's the very small percentage that I disagree with that I comment on.  I'm sure that makes me appear to be disagreeable.  Anyway, I certainly don't post to try and let people know I'm right, I'm just searching for the truth through conversation, and sometimes I have been wrong and have changed my mind.

Completely understand and I relate. I was meaning to imply the overall disagreement that involved a bunch of people on the marriage front. . .but it was your comment about skewed perspective that helped me check my innate desire to assume my experiences are the most accurate without taking into account anyone else's.