Author Topic: Responsible gun owner protects personal property  (Read 121008 times)

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: Responsible gun owner protects personal property
« Reply #1275 on: November 30, 2021, 11:30:28 AM »
I bet the victim is rolling in his TX grave knowing he's forever "teal" guy.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: November 30, 2021, 11:54:53 AM »
Gun discussions inevitably bring up mental health. Anyone who thinks that they would have done the same in this situation needs to get checked out. A lot of people don’t realize they need therapy until it’s too late.

I am being serious here.  If you saw that and think Black Shirt Guy did right, go have a talk specifically about this with a professional.
Can confirm from personal experience. Taking steps to improve my mental health significantly decreased the amount of time I spent fantasizing about violent confrontations with other humans.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: November 30, 2021, 09:37:43 PM »
took 24 hours to process that video. that's murder, i don't know how it can't be. the victim was not physically violent prior to the gun coming out (maybe i'm misremembering but i don't want to watch it again). this wasn't some rando off the street, he was there to pick up his child. i'm usually open to self-defense arguments but that has to be considered murder.
better read up more on texas gun laws

Please stop saying that like this is a black & white issue, it isn't, and it seems dismissive to the point where one with this stance finds what happened on the video acceptable. If you're cool with what that guy did, then say so, but don't just shrug and pass it off on Texas being gun friendly. Even the most extreme gun laws allow for wide variance in interpretation. I promise you that there are plenty of police officers in Texas that think that's an arrestable offense, plenty of DAs who would charge that man with a crime, and judges that will allow the charges to go to trial. He may get lucky and have found one of the DAs who won't charge him, but I doubt that will be the case.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: November 30, 2021, 09:49:03 PM »
So apparently the Texas State DA is currently reviewing the case and I saw a quote from the shooter's attorney who thinks it's going to a grand jury.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: November 30, 2021, 10:23:33 PM »
took 24 hours to process that video. that's murder, i don't know how it can't be. the victim was not physically violent prior to the gun coming out (maybe i'm misremembering but i don't want to watch it again). this wasn't some rando off the street, he was there to pick up his child. i'm usually open to self-defense arguments but that has to be considered murder.

Please stop saying that like this is a black & white issue, it isn't, and it seems dismissive to the point where one with this stance finds what happened on the video acceptable. If you're cool with what that guy did, then say so, but don't just shrug and pass it off on Texas being gun friendly. Even the most extreme gun laws allow for wide variance in interpretation. I promise you that there are plenty of police officers in Texas that think that's an arrestable offense, plenty of DAs who would charge that man with a crime, and judges that will allow the charges to go to trial. He may get lucky and have found one of the DAs who won't charge him, but I doubt that will be the case.

Agree with the above, and I've actually studied Texas law on this subject. Words such as "unlawfully" (as it relates to a victim's presence) and "reasonably" (as it relates to a shooter's actions) carry a ton of meaning and also create flexibility. Black shirt guy deserves to be indicted on at least second degree murder or voluntary manslaughter, and I cannot fathom the smug indifference that a small fraction of people are having to this event. That was a crime. That is NOT why we have these self-defense laws on the books. It's clear to me that the dude lost a dick measuring contest and therefore went and grabbed his dick extender.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: December 01, 2021, 12:40:18 AM »
I'm not indifferent at all to what happened. It's completely unacceptable, but the self defense laws in Texas and several other states are equally unacceptable. Wake me up when the guy actually gets convicted, I guess.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: December 01, 2021, 08:01:16 AM »

Agree with the above, and I've actually studied Texas law on this subject. Words such as "unlawfully" (as it relates to a victim's presence) and "reasonably" (as it relates to a shooter's actions) carry a ton of meaning and also create flexibility. Black shirt guy deserves to be indicted on at least second degree murder or voluntary manslaughter, and I cannot fathom the smug indifference that a small fraction of people are having to this event. That was a crime. That is NOT why we have these self-defense laws on the books. It's clear to me that the dude lost a dick measuring contest and therefore went and grabbed his dick extender.

And he was lawfully there to pick up the little teals, right?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: December 01, 2021, 10:23:47 AM »

And he was lawfully there to pick up the little teals, right?

That's my understanding. At least, that's how it's been reported, though I have not (obviously) read the custody order, so I can't say for certain it specifically permits him to go to that property at that time for that purpose.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: December 01, 2021, 10:30:39 AM »
i don't know anything about texas gun laws but i'm afraid the defense can paint it like this

1. shooter has a right to hold a gun and ask victim to leave his property, so therefore.....
2. regardless of how it started, once victim got physical and said he would take the gun from him he had a right to murder him

and it will be as simple as that. i don't agree with the law if that is the case.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: December 01, 2021, 10:33:19 AM »
Yeah, the teal shirt guy trying to grab the gun is going to make the black shirt guy all but impossible to convict.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: December 01, 2021, 10:42:34 AM »

I'm not ok with the video at all. It does seem black and white though. Child was not home they asked him to leave several times. Then billy bad ass black shirt went and got a gun asked him to leave again. He fired off a round to the ground. Teal attempted to disarm him and then black shirt fired a shot and killed him. I'm like tater and could only stomach to watch once so if you saw something differently please advise.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: December 11, 2021, 10:12:12 PM »
https://twitter.com/gavinnewsom/status/1469865185493983234?s=21

I like the zeal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: December 11, 2021, 10:32:41 PM »
 :excited:

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: December 12, 2021, 09:44:18 AM »
SD needs to post that reap/sow tweet

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Responsible gun owner protects personal property
« Reply #1290 on: December 12, 2021, 10:56:29 AM »
Why on earth was he waiting on such a common sense response to gun control? I feel like that very idea was kicked around on gE at least five years ago.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: December 12, 2021, 10:57:34 AM »
Why on earth was he waiting on such a common sense response to gun control? I feel like that very idea was kicked around on gE at least five years ago.
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!

Offline waks

• this blog's dick pic expert
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Aggieville's Original Gastropub
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: December 12, 2021, 02:45:44 PM »

Offline passranch

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: December 13, 2021, 05:09:32 PM »
SD needs to post that reap/sow tweet

Could also go with a good how it started/how it's going meme.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: January 10, 2022, 12:40:33 PM »
How is our society okay with this carnage:

https://salinapost.com/posts/ee58b811-9fae-4aec-8bdc-3ea83516c084?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Just before 8:30. a.m. Wednesday, the Pottawatomie County Sheriff’s Department received a 911 from the residence at 105 East Valley lot 8 in Wamego reference to a woman being shot, according to Police Chief Michael D. Baker, Sr.

Officers from the Wamego Police Department and Pottawatomie County Sheriff’s Office responded to the residence.

First responders found a 31 year-old woman suffering from a gunshot to the upper chest area. Pottawatomie County EMS transported her to Stormont-Vail Hospital in Topeka Kansas in critical condition.

At this time the incident is in the preliminary stages of the investigation. Evidence indicates a juvenile child residing in the home discharged a handgun, accidentally striking the adult.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: January 10, 2022, 02:28:11 PM »
About as irresponsible as it gets..

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: January 10, 2022, 02:43:31 PM »
About as irresponsible as it gets..
1. Almost die
2. Almost watch your kid blow his brains out
3. Give your kid the trauma of almost killing you
4. Create totally unnecessary project for trauma surgeons.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: January 10, 2022, 03:33:30 PM »
It's like you guys think freedom should be free or something.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: January 10, 2022, 04:03:48 PM »
It's like you guys think freedom should be free or something.
Like we say, ITT: From time to time, the Tree of Liberty must be refreshed with the blood of those who live in households where firearms are not properly stored.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: January 10, 2022, 04:14:23 PM »
small price to pay for FREEDOM