Author Topic: This Sports Season Has Been Fun / K-State Is The Very Best At Everything Thread  (Read 7236 times)

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
John Currie may be the best athletic director of all time.
Since the oscar hire is actually working out better than expected, I'd have to agree.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

The Big Train

It is truly great to be a KSU wild Wildcat!  :ksu:

Offline Johnny Thunderbone

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Guys, what about golf, are we any good at golf?

There's a gorgeous Swedish coed in my studio that plays golf for the Cats. Talked her into "showing me the ropes" when it warms up. Was a 4 year letterman in HS. Gonna have to dumb my game down a bit. Long story short, can confirm the adorableness extends to the women's golf team.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Yeah, but I bet we suck at debate and turning out Rhodes/Truman scholars

I feel ya'h limestone. I mean I love kicking ass at every sport that matters, year after year after year etc etc...but sometime I wonder if our smaller Athletic endeavor's/clubs like Soil Judging or Bass Fishing or Robotics will ever be able to compete at a high level when 90% of our attention goes to the 3maw sports.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
It's been great
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
It's been great
I love that most of the college kids on gE seem to really appreciate how great it is to be at KSU at this very moment in time.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
I'm curious how we rate on student happiness and engagement though. I'm worried it may not be the very highest in the entire world....wait, nope, found the numerous well researched studies and articles. we're the best at that as well.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Our Alumni Association is probably pretty weak and rarely do former EMAW's get together to celebrate good times.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 09:51:36 AM by dobber »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
I'm curious how we rate on student happiness and engagement though. I'm worried it may not be the very highest in the entire world....wait, nope, found the numerous well researched studies and articles. we're the best at that as well.

I bet campus and the town of Manhattan rate pretty damn low though.  Not a good place for small businesses or to retire to.  I am just saying, there is no way we are owning at absolutely everything their is to own at

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
I met my wife at K-State. She is wonderful. Some of you have met her, and I'm sure your reaction was like "Hey, CF3's wife is pretty cool." Those of you who have not met her would like her too.

Basically all my earthly happiness is because of K-State.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
One time in college I was going through a rough time. I went and met with my adviser and he helped me through the situation, and helped me get back on track. I doubt that kinda thing even happens at other colleges.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

We have linebackers who levitate

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This is a picture that describes visually what being a K-State Cat feels like.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

That's why its been my avatar for a while.  :gocho:

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile

When people ask me what K-State is like, I tell them, "It's a university where people with sleeves, without sleeves, or without undershirts all get along together without incident. It's a real melting pot for adorableness."

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
People who think they'd be better not at K-State make these faces all day because they are miserable and regret leaving.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

That's why its been my avatar for a while.  :gocho:

Every post of yours I read, regardless of content, makes me smile because I see that Avatar.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Do you guys know how good we are at Rugby? I know some of you do, but we are really good, and it is just a club sport! Even things that the university doesn't really care about, but are largely funded directly by the students participating, we are really good!

Pretty good dobber!

Final 4 1983, E8 2011 (lost to a full scholarship varsity side), League champs 2011, 2010, 2008, lots of other old years.  Several K-State football players have played, including Moses Manu (playing professionally in Australia now), Alesana Alesana, Steve Robke, and Ty Gray. A few players have played for the US National Team, a couple of EMAW legends were just elected to the KC Blues HOF last week, and another EMAW rugby hero is going to play for Norway's national team next month.

Moses 2013

Moses 2008
:adios:

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You know what is one of the best feelings in the world? Having a terrible day when nothing goes your way and at the very end of that day looking back and saying "You know, things could be a lot worse, at least I am a ksu cat" Nothing makes me feel more proud.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Every day I drive down 17th street on my way to class only to see the limestone gateways to the greatest university on the planet. It makes me smile every day.  :driving:
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
would you guys consider retiring with your beautiful wife to manhattan? i think i would totally do it.

Wanna be next door neighbors?  :crossfingers:

yes i just need to get a wife and stuff

Do it mocat being married is tops!  :D
WE AGREE!!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
I like the cats and I'm pretty sure they like me too. You know how I know? They win for me, A LOT!

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The only downside to being a Kansas State Wildcat is that our campus isn't one of the best in the..........oh my God, are we bad at anything?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
ok, see you guys in (insert anywhere in the world) almost immediately

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
ok, see you guys in (insert anywhere in the world) almost immediately

yeah, but surely you have to wait in a long security line and pay lots of money to park there, right?  I assume it is a long drive, way outside of town too.
:adios: