Author Topic: Is anyone still opposed to Weber as coach?  (Read 3914 times)

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Is anyone still opposed to Weber as coach?
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2014, 11:42:37 PM »
he's a dork, but he's our dork, now.

Agree with this 100%.

I still would rather have Larry Brown, Gregg Marshall, Lon Kruger, Tad Boyle, Brad Underwood. 

As long as I feel like we can still beat KU sometimes, than I am Happy with this program and can't hate the hire.
Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!

Offline dean_ksu

• We Gave You Chris
  • Fan
  • Dance or Bust!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2014, 11:43:33 PM »
Just enjoy the win, talk about this later.

Let's not ever talk about it again.  It wasn't a fair argument the day he was hired and it won't be the next time he loses a game.  Magic is ready to happen in Manhatten in the next few years and we all should enjoy it every day.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2014, 11:45:31 PM »
he's a dork, but he's our dork, now.

Agree with this 100%.

I still would rather have Larry Brown, Gregg Marshall, Lon Kruger, Tad Boyle, Brad Underwood. 

As long as I feel like we can still beat KU sometimes, than I am Happy with this program and can't hate the hire.

No.  (Unless he can win a bunch of games of course.) I was a big Frank fan but I thought he had a lot of crybaby butthurt excuse-making in him.  Marshall is that X10

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2014, 11:48:04 PM »

Let's not ever talk about it again.  It wasn't a fair argument the day he was hired and it won't be the next time he loses a game.  Magic is ready to happen in Manhatten in the next few years and we all should enjoy it every day.
It was definitely a fair argument then, just sayin.

Offline dean_ksu

• We Gave You Chris
  • Fan
  • Dance or Bust!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2014, 11:51:40 PM »

Whenever Coach Weber and Coach Lowery have been together, magic has happened.  We're beginning to see it once again at KSU.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2014, 11:54:08 PM »
He's still a dork, but he's our dork now   :thumbs:

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2014, 11:56:49 PM »
I agree, and it's also a concern. They are like Hindenburg and Ludendorff. But school is going to offer Lundenforff.

Whenever Coach Weber and Coach Lowery have been together, magic has happened.  We're beginning to see it once again at KSU.

Offline dean_ksu

• We Gave You Chris
  • Fan
  • Dance or Bust!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2014, 12:30:07 AM »
I agree, and it's also a concern. They are like Hindenburg and Ludendorff. But school is going to offer Lundenforff.
Make Lowery one of the highest paid assistants in division I and he is going nowhere.  Weber and Lowery are best friends as well and I think there is nothing this pair would rather do than to bring a national title to Kansas State.  However, if Lowery has the chance to be a head coach and make $500,000 more, you can't blame him if he goes.  I just hope the athletic department has the foresight to keep them together as long as possible

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2014, 12:34:44 AM »
Brooks has far more to do with our success this year than Lowery. Not even close.

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2014, 12:44:05 AM »
If we are going to keep doing this, I would just as soon bump the same Pro-Weber thread every time he wins and the same anti-Weber thread every time he loses.  Makes it easier to keep track of the shitty posters that way.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2014, 12:45:03 AM »
I think both coaches have brought a lot to Weber's staff.  Players or in game coaching, both have added to Weber being a success this year.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline dean_ksu

• We Gave You Chris
  • Fan
  • Dance or Bust!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2014, 12:52:46 AM »
If we are going to keep doing this, I would just as soon bump the same Pro-Weber thread every time he wins and the same anti-Weber thread every time he loses.  Makes it easier to keep track of the shitty posters that way.

The point of this thread is not to keep doing it.  Unfortunately, we play in a tough conference an will experience some future losses.  If people aren't going to say he's a bad coach now, I don't want them to ever say it.

Offline dean_ksu

• We Gave You Chris
  • Fan
  • Dance or Bust!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2014, 12:57:54 AM »
I think both coaches have brought a lot to Weber's staff.  Players or in game coaching, both have added to Weber being a success this year.

I like Brooks as well, but when you look at the success Lowery and Weber have had together at SIU, Illinois, and Kansas State, it's tough to argue against the power of the duo.  If we can keep the whole staff together , I'm all for that but I think Weber and Lowery are the must keep combo.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2014, 01:01:54 AM »

I like Brooks as well, but when you look at the success Lowery and Weber have had together at SIU, Illinois, and Kansas State, it's tough to argue against the power of the duo.  If we can keep the whole staff together , I'm all for that but I think Weber and Lowery are the must keep combo.
Care to comment on their recruiting at SIU?  It seems like our real start players are coming from a pipe Brooks has access to.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Online ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2014, 01:13:39 AM »

The point of this thread is not to keep doing it.  Unfortunately, we play in a tough conference an will experience some future losses.  If people aren't going to say he's a bad coach now, I don't want them to ever say it.

He can have good wins on occasion and still be a bad coach.  He can have bad losses on occasion and still be a good coach.  Everyone who tries to judge him just on a peak or a valley or based on one win/loss are stupid.  You saying everyone has to come to their conclusion right after we beat KU is asinine. Did you post saying he is a good coach after Northern Colorado? Then I don't want to hear you ever say it.

Offline dean_ksu

• We Gave You Chris
  • Fan
  • Dance or Bust!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2014, 01:18:00 AM »

once again, I'm not knocking Brooks and don't want him to go anwhere.  However, recruiting only part of access full re ruit

Care to comment on their recruiting at SIU?  It seems like our real start players are coming from a pipe Brooks has access to.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2014, 01:32:47 AM »
I'll be honest; we are almost a month and a half into 2014, but I'm still proudly displaying my 2013 "Burn it Down" refrigerator magnet on the side of my fridge and have no plans to take it down.

:buh-bye:
bears are fast...

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 11, 2014, 03:01:24 AM »
Still hasn't done what Wooldridge did. Win in Lawrence.

real talk.  respect
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2014, 06:20:06 AM »
Team oscar

For now

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2014, 07:05:14 AM »
Brooks has far more to do with our success this year than Lowery. Not even close.

yes

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2014, 07:59:51 AM »
Dean just spelled it Manhatten. Almost makes me think he might not really be a 'tater. Or that he's new to town.

(oscar)
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12