Author Topic: Marcus Smart's Fallout  (Read 38428 times)

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Re: Marcus Smart's Fallout
« Reply #375 on: February 09, 2014, 06:02:08 PM »
Now that this meh saga is over can we focus on #LIFE's meltdown last night? Still waiting to hear from @#LIFE

missed this.  recap?

Pages 4 & 5 of this thread

oh my, i read all that pakked right before going to sleep and forgot all about it.  was worth going back to read that really fantastic orr/mckee post tho.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 09, 2014, 06:03:47 PM »
@GottliebShow: "wasn't vulgar or the N Word" another text from Orr - #MarcusSmart

Yeah, nobody the racistmongers here thought this.  State of this mumped up country these days.  Go ahead and gangrape a cracker with 10 black guys but don't ever bring up that word you rough ridin' racist mother fuckers.

Hey guys, don't talk bad about a person if he's black because you're a racist rough ridin' cracker mother rough rider

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 09, 2014, 06:14:50 PM »
It seems like the large majority of this board has called Smart a piece of crap.

Offline Cranial Rectosis

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 09, 2014, 06:20:35 PM »
I want to apologize to Mr. Orr and Ryan Mueller.  Apparently Batt BcKee is not his love child and Mueller did not put Smart up to this.  I will now go back to watching Ancient Aliens.  Eff, I usually nail these things. 

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 09, 2014, 06:26:35 PM »
#LIFE does not deserve his/her internet moniker

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 09, 2014, 06:27:21 PM »

He's generally a good poster though imo. Just has his ugly moments. Like last night and that time he posted the rape gif.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 09, 2014, 06:34:24 PM »

He's generally a good poster though imo. Just has his ugly moments. Like last night and that time he posted the rape gif.

wat
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 09, 2014, 06:39:32 PM »
It was some really shitty/pak'd posting my be. Just annoys me when the race card is the first thing pulled by crap like this.  Gonna give myself a timeout for awhile.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 09, 2014, 06:42:14 PM »

wat

Did you not see that? Can't remember the exact context. May have been about the KU game. But he posted a gif of a chick getting raped to describe what happened in the game. He deleted it not long after.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 09, 2014, 06:56:33 PM »
Smart is getting a raw deal IMO. He flew into the stands because Tech puts their mouth breathing fans too close to the floor, and shoved one. BFD.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 09, 2014, 06:58:00 PM »
Smart is getting a raw deal IMO. He flew into the stands because Tech puts their mouth breathing fans too close to the floor, and shoved one. BFD.

Our tarp is there for a reason

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 09, 2014, 06:58:10 PM »
 :lol: at this whole thing.

So this is the story?

Smart has been a hot head and it's been documented numerous times.  Orr has been heckling for years, and called Smart a "piece of crap." Then Smart shoves the dude who was trying to apologize.  Both guys apologize. Orr voluntarily elects not to go to any more games this season. The Big 12 suspends Smart.

I don't any victims here. I do see a couple of guys who will hopefully learn from this experience and be better people in the future. I also think that Orr's self punishment is appropriate.  If he goes to that many games, it will be tough for him. Smart's suspension seems fine as well. Even a game or two would have been fine by me. Only thing I disagree with is OSU/ Ford not doing the suspending.

Final thought - What Orr said was stupid, and definitely doesn't fall in line with Trim's creativity protocol regarding heckling, but at least he said it to Smart's face, which is more ethical than anonymously bashing him on Twitter and the media like thousands upon thousands do every day.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: February 09, 2014, 06:59:28 PM »
It was some really shitty/pak'd posting my be. Just annoys me when the race card is the first thing pulled by crap like this.  Gonna give myself a timeout for awhile.

I agree, just be more eloquent and less ridiculous when stating your point.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 09, 2014, 07:21:29 PM »
It was some really shitty/pak'd posting my be. Just annoys me when the race card is the first thing pulled by crap like this.  Gonna give myself a time out for awhile.

The phrase race card is the most ridiculous and overused phrase in the english language. People were speculating that Orr used a racially charged word to rationalize Smart's overreaction. What the hell is "race card" about that? That phrase is used by white people who want to ignore any racial issues or conversation. The people who use the phrase race card feel they get to determine what is worthy of a further conversation. Also the same people who throw around the phrase reverse racism.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 09, 2014, 07:30:15 PM »
It was some really shitty/pak'd posting my be. Just annoys me when the race card is the first thing pulled by crap like this.  Gonna give myself a time out for awhile.

The phrase race card is the most ridiculous and overused phrase in the english language. People were speculating that Orr used a racially charged word to rationalize Smart's overreaction. What the hell is "race card" about that? That phrase is used by white people who want to ignore any racial issues or conversation. The people who use the phrase race card feel they get to determine what is worthy of a further conversation. Also the same people who throw around the phrase reverse racism.

To be fair, I wasn't referring to the term "race card" just the "ZOMG!! I bet he said something racist!" response that often follows any incident involving people of two different races. 

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: February 09, 2014, 07:37:03 PM »
I wish this would have ended up being a more interesting story, for message board purposes

Offline Bookcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 09, 2014, 07:40:38 PM »
In his apology today Marcus let everyone know that last night was not how he condones himself.

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: February 09, 2014, 07:42:16 PM »
In his apology today Marcus let everyone know that last night was not how he condones himself.

Probably hadn't slept much.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 09, 2014, 07:43:52 PM »

What a piece of crap.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 09, 2014, 07:58:29 PM »
Smart is so thin-skinned.  He didn't seem contrite today.  Looks like the "crap" show will continue four games hence.  :popcorn:

Btw, help me understand the terms here.  If Marcus lied and told everyone Orr called him an n-word, is that considered "playing the race card"?

Offline OKclone

• Taco Walk'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 09, 2014, 08:00:39 PM »
Smart is so thin-skinned.  He didn't seem contrite today.  Looks like the "crap" show will continue four games hence.  :popcorn:

Btw, help me understand the terms here.  If Marcus lied and told everyone Orr called him an n-word, is that considered "playing the race card"?

I think he did lie, and I think saying someone called you a ****** is worse than the shove. Marcus Smart is a flopping ass, which sounds quite funny.
RIP Coach Orr 1927-2013

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #396 on: February 09, 2014, 08:00:58 PM »
I told you Smart was a sociopath.  If calling someone a "piece of crap" makes you an awful person and a racist then the mods on this board are awful racists and I get a free shove(will take 3 game suspension).

Also, Smart saying that guy used a racial slur is worse than shoving him.  This guy will forever wear a scarlet "R" and that sucks for him
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 09, 2014, 08:18:26 PM »
I told you Smart was a sociopath.  If calling someone a "piece of crap" makes you an awful person and a racist then the mods on this board are awful racists and I get a free shove(will take 3 game suspension).

Also, Smart saying that guy used a racial slur is worse than shoving him.  This guy will forever wear a scarlet "R" and that sucks for him

That is pretty mumped up.  It's like a verbal flop, but you're flopping with someone's life.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: February 09, 2014, 08:20:03 PM »
Bryan Davis @B_Davis0
The same guy that talked crazy to me for 4 years. Smh but you should never put your hands on a fan.

John Lucas III         @Luke1luk
I just saw the video that same fan was at the games talking crazy even when I was in school I don't forget a face he says a lot of crazy ish Out of his mouth when u are in the game. And he is a grown man talking to kids the way he does

He's still a crazy person so I wouldn't feel too bad for him

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 09, 2014, 08:21:27 PM »

To be fair, I wasn't referring to the term "race card" just the "ZOMG!! I bet he said something racist!" response that often follows any incident involving people of two different races.

I shouldn't have quoted your post