Author Topic: KU's new basketball dormitory facility  (Read 51113 times)

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
Re: KU's new basketball dormitory facility
« Reply #500 on: March 11, 2014, 01:47:24 AM »
Heck K-State athletics has to get annual Student Senate approval to get $500K in student fees, while ku students have to fork over a compulsory $2 plus million a year from a rigged student election 5 years ago every time they write a check for tuition.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2014/mar/07/ku-students-set-vote-eliminating-athletics-fee/

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 11, 2014, 07:53:28 AM »
Heck K-State athletics has to get annual Student Senate approval to get $500K in student fees, while ku students have to fork over a compulsory $2 plus million a year from a rigged student election 5 years ago every time they write a check for tuition.

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2014/mar/07/ku-students-set-vote-eliminating-athletics-fee/

The veiled threats are already coming, just like the last time the students tried to stop the fees.

Offline ShellShock

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 11, 2014, 09:14:58 AM »
Guys, when Rome is burning to the ground, all we need to do is stand back and watch that mother burn.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 11, 2014, 09:21:30 AM »
Dr. Zenger loves the students almost as much as he loves his alma mater, Kansas State.  I bet he let's the students make their own decision on this one and doesn't come to the meeting to exert pressure.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 11, 2014, 01:58:24 PM »
We're smoking these fools  :crossfingers:  :ROFL:

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 27, 2014, 11:44:05 PM »
Jesus those last 5 pages were awesome.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 28, 2014, 07:59:31 AM »
So BGL basically veto'd the student senate without actually veto'ing?  Stud move

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #508 on: June 10, 2014, 08:51:56 AM »
If K-State had just built a brand new sports complex for its national championship track & field program, announced plans for a $17 million luxury apartment for its bball programs, hired HNTB for a complete upgrade of its football stadium, and started construction for a facility that would house the original rules of basketball, I wouldn't be making fun of them.  But hey, I guess that's what separates me from the inferiority complex'd herd at goEMAW.com.

http://www.gouldevans.com/portfolio/ku-debruce-center
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 08:57:28 AM by Haverhill »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: June 10, 2014, 01:18:44 PM »
If K-State had just built a brand new sports complex for its national championship track & field program, announced plans for a $17 million luxury apartment for its bball programs, hired HNTB for a complete upgrade of its football stadium, and started construction for a facility that would house the original rules of basketball, I wouldn't be making fun of them.  But hey, I guess that's what separates me from the inferiority complex'd herd at goEMAW.com.

Nice find. Beems sure is making fun of our cruise ship, so this is quite the contradiction.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: June 10, 2014, 03:19:05 PM »
"de oscar center" ?

as in "of oscar" ?  as in, they named the rules place after oscar weber, owner of all things squawk.  what a joke those guys are, disgusting.  oscar totally is their master and commander.  when de oscar tells them to jump, these squawks ask how high :lol: 

hello of oscar!

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 10, 2014, 03:20:57 PM »
De oscar De oscar De oscar is on fire!

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 10, 2014, 03:55:36 PM »
"de oscar center" ?

as in "of oscar" ?  as in, they named the rules place after oscar weber, owner of all things squawk.  what a joke those guys are, disgusting.  oscar totally is their master and commander.  when de oscar tells them to jump, these squawks ask how high :lol: 

hello of oscar!

Isn't it:

oscar: 1
Self: 4

?

If I may invoke original rule #13, "The side making the most points in that time is declared the winner."

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 10, 2014, 04:44:49 PM »
"de oscar center" ?

hello of oscar!

Isn't it:

oscar: 1
Self: 4

?

If I may invoke original rule #13, "The side making the most points in that time is declared the winner."

that's weird.  did they name it the de bill center?  nope.  de oscar completely shadowed what self did at illinois, de oscar has already begun complete ownage of self in the big 12.  of course he is going to need some time to bring in his recruits after the crap show that martin left here but even with those recruits, de oscar clownsuited self on national tv.  hilarious that squawks are in self-denial, even after the evidence is lined up. 

then you name the rules building after de oscar and just /ignore that simple fact.  wow.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 10, 2014, 08:26:46 PM »
de oscar is in de pudding :dunno:

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #515 on: June 10, 2014, 09:20:56 PM »

Nice find. Beems sure is making fun of our cruise ship, so this is quite the contradiction.

Cruise ship, Basketball Rules Aquarium, Lazy River... whatever. You guys all want the water features that stud schools Iowa State and Washington have. Quit being butthurt and just let us enjoy what we have and you don't.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: June 14, 2014, 08:35:07 PM »
 :horrorsurprise:

Cruise ship, Basketball Rules Aquarium, Lazy River... whatever. You guys all want the water features that stud schools Iowa State and Washington have. Quit being butthurt and just let us enjoy what we have and you don't.
I enjoyed this post
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 14, 2014, 09:10:47 PM »
RULE 13: the side making the most goals in that time shall be declared the winner.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #518 on: June 15, 2014, 11:12:55 PM »
What an eye sore
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 27, 2014, 09:07:45 AM »
 :lol: Poors

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2014/jun/26/bids-building-house-original-rules-basketball-came/?sports

Construction of the DeBruce Center, which will house the original rules of basketball, will be delayed by a few weeks, officials said Thursday.

Construction bids for the $18 million project came in higher than expected, Kansas University Endowment Association President Dale Seuferling said.

So, Seuferling said the project architect would go over the proposal to identify areas where savings can be made.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: June 27, 2014, 04:30:10 PM »

http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2014/jun/26/bids-building-house-original-rules-basketball-came/?sports

Construction of the DeBruce Center, which will house the original rules of basketball, will be delayed by a few weeks, officials said Thursday.

Construction bids for the $18 million project came in higher than expected, Kansas University Endowment Association President Dale Seuferling said.

So, Seuferling said the project architect would go over the proposal to identify areas where savings can be made.
LOL can you imagine living in a world where you cut corners instead of just fronting the extra cash? We're really lucky to be us.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: June 27, 2014, 04:46:56 PM »

LOL can you imagine living in a world where you cut corners instead of just fronting the extra cash? We're really lucky to be us.

Didn't you guys literally cut corners with the N.E. section of BSFS?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 27, 2014, 05:24:18 PM »

You mean delay it a season?

The Big Train

« Reply #523 on: June 27, 2014, 11:57:15 PM »

You can only do so many 50+ million a piece upgrades at a time and pay straight cash homie

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 28, 2014, 09:30:14 AM »
The whole project is lame, I think the endowment realized it and pumped the brakes.