Author Topic: What a guy our old FRANK is!  (Read 30926 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: What a guy our old FRANK is!
« Reply #150 on: January 24, 2014, 11:25:02 AM »
18 months into the new job, new AD, already forced to publicly apologize to player(s) and fans.

This isn't rocket surgery kids.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 24, 2014, 11:50:54 AM »
If Frank was here last year, we probably don't win a conference title. I think it worked out just ok.

This is the most asinine Frank-oscar talking point out there right now. Nobody has a rough ridin' clue whether Frank would have won the Big XII last year.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 24, 2014, 11:53:24 AM »
If Frank was here last year, we probably don't win a conference title. I think it worked out just ok.

This is the most asinine Frank-oscar talking point out there right now. Nobody has a rough ridin' clue whether Frank would have won the Big XII last year.
Frank lost a lot of games he shouldn't have. He let some go for teaching lessons. It was the most frustrating thing about him. He also won some that made you scratch your head, "how"? Last years team was pretty damn consistent for once.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2014, 11:57:15 AM »
The consensus after Frank took the SC job was that Frank would struggle to rebuild at SC, while oscar would come in and succeed right away with Frank's players.  Everyone predicted that oscar would have some success at K-State in his first couple of years, just like he did when he took over for Self at Illinois.  The only question was whether or not oscar could recruit well enough to sustain that success.  A year and a half into it, and I'd say things are going just about how we expected. 

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 24, 2014, 11:58:30 AM »
The consensus after Frank took the SC job was that Frank would struggle to rebuild at SC, while oscar would come in and succeed right away with Frank's players.  Everyone predicted that oscar would have some success at K-State in his first couple of years, just like he did when he took over for Self at Illinois.  The only question was whether or not oscar could recruit well enough to sustain that success.  A year and a half into it, and I'd say things are going just about how we expected.
Dudes best players are Freshman. I don't think so.  :nono:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 24, 2014, 11:59:27 AM »
oscar's recruiting has been better than my expectations, purely based on the Foster/Thomas DITRY DUO <-- holy crap right

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 24, 2014, 12:01:39 PM »

Sort of.

The impact of oscar's recruits has been far more significant than expected.

Frank is struggling far more than I expected in a bad league. Especially his defense.

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 24, 2014, 12:03:50 PM »
Dudes best players are Freshman. I don't think so.  :nono:

That's debatable.  Four of K-State's top six players are Frank recruits, and I'd argue that Southwell and Gipson are every bit as valuable to K-State as Marcus Foster.   oscar's first recruiting class is extremely solid, but is it better than potentially retaining Angel Rodriguez and signing Sindarius Thornwell? 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 24, 2014, 12:04:26 PM »
18 months into the new job, new AD, already forced to publicly apologize to player(s) and fans.

False

Offline kstater

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 24, 2014, 12:05:10 PM »
While current results may be what many expected(league title certainly above what I thought) where each is trending is opposite of what many thought.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 24, 2014, 12:06:25 PM »

Frank lost a lot of games he shouldn't have. He let some go for teaching lessons. It was the most frustrating thing about him. He also won some that made you scratch your head, "how"? Last years team was pretty damn consistent for once.

Isn't the current oscar issue being talked about his benching of our best player in a game we lost on a buzzer beater?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2014, 12:10:37 PM »
What's funny about this ongoing debate is that outside of the personalities of the two men there are a lot of program similarities to OSU under Frank and under Weber.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2014, 12:13:57 PM »

False

False!

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 24, 2014, 12:14:30 PM »
What's funny about this ongoing debate is that outside of the personalities of the two men there are a lot of program similarities to OSU KSU under Frank and under Weber.

You meant KSU, yes?  This is you giving a compliment to oscar, yes?
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 24, 2014, 12:23:52 PM »
did you guys see where i called Foster and Thomas the DITRY DUO? wow

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 24, 2014, 12:24:35 PM »
maybe you guys just read it as if i said DIRTY DUO. but i didn't, i said DITRY DUO. wow x 2

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 24, 2014, 12:36:19 PM »
What's funny about this ongoing debate is that outside of the personalities of the two men there are a lot of program similarities to OSU KSU under Frank and under Weber.

You meant KSU, yes?  This is you giving a compliment to oscar, yes?

Auto corrected again, this new android update is killing me.

I've given oscar lots of compliments. I haven't spent one second as a #BIDer. Being a Frankite and wanting oscar to succeed aren't mutually exclusive.  It seems people that are happy with oscar have a hard time with how happy they were with Frank.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 24, 2014, 12:44:10 PM »
Dax I'm ok with where we are now. I've accepted #bruceketball and let go of Frank. But I don't get you're constant tearing down of the success we had during his time here. It was really fun, and we were pretty good. Not great, but consistently good and entertaining. Yeah, he was probably digging his own recruiting grave and it wouldn't sustain and everything, but you seem to really be set on tearing down those years, and anyone who supported this guy as a coach.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 24, 2014, 12:54:00 PM »
Dax I'm ok with where we are now. I've accepted #bruceketball and let go of Frank. But I don't get you're constant tearing down of the success we had during his time here. It was really fun, and we were pretty good. Not great, but consistently good and entertaining. Yeah, he was probably digging his own recruiting grave and it wouldn't sustain and everything, but you seem to really be set on tearing down those years, and anyone who supported this guy as a coach.

there were times when we were great

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 24, 2014, 12:54:27 PM »

Cutting edge breakdown here

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 24, 2014, 12:56:15 PM »
A sample size of 1.5 seasons is too small for me to definitively say whether or not oscar is legit and Frank sucks.  Sorry. 

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 24, 2014, 01:02:26 PM »
A sample size of 1.5 seasons is too small for me to definitively say whether or not oscar is legit and Frank sucks.  Sorry.

ok

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 24, 2014, 01:02:51 PM »
maybe you guys just read it as if i said DIRTY DUO. but i didn't, i said DITRY DUO. wow x 2
:lol:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 24, 2014, 01:05:01 PM »

Isn't the current oscar issue being talked about his benching of our best player in a game we lost on a buzzer beater?
I know you guys will think i'm crazy, but I never had a problem with it. Foster had an off game. His shot wasn't just off, it was way off. I think that hand injury bothers him from time to time. Other guys were hitting a few shots (I think spads had a couple of 3's). I guess in that game, I felt like we needed our hottest hand on the court. Which wasn't a lot of ppl outside of Gip.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 24, 2014, 01:08:50 PM »
Not tearing down the actual success, just pointing out the reality.   Frank walked into a pretty fantastic situation as head coach at K-State.  The fanbase (that was waiting for a good program to cheer for again) was re-energized by the previous coach, two of the most hotly sought after (if not the most sought after) recruits in the nation were sitting in the dressing room, nearly all if not all of the coaching staff was retained, and one of the highest paid recruiters in the country was out on the trail.

It would have been one of the biggest failures in college athletic history to not do something with that.

Be honest, by the end, momentum off all that was dwindling rapidly.    Frank got to plunge the shovel into the ground of a state of the art basketball training facility, and the AD put him on the road towards a total compensation package worth nearly $2 million dollars a year, at a basketball program that at its financial zenith produces about $8.5 million a year. 

But Frank's gotta be Frank, and Currie's gotta be Currie, and showing that you can't change your skin, Frank has already had to apologize for being Frank at his new job.

Sorry too cool for schoolers, but you gotta bank more money for the AD and put more trophies of significance in the trophy case before you can become a total prima donna.