Author Topic: We'll beat these KthUgs at home  (Read 18121 times)

Offline NamebranD

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: We'll beat these KthUgs at home
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2014, 03:58:47 PM »
Frank consistently got his ass whipped in Lawrence too

True that. I can't discredit oscar for thinking outside the box in preparing his newcomers to the raucous levels in AFH.I can however discredit him when this team continues to fail to make it out of the first weekend of tourney play, as has become the norm. Better than sh*t sandwiches sponsored by Assbury but still not what I wanted after getting that taste from the run in 2010 led by Pullen and Clemente.

Sent from my LG-VM696 using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 04:04:37 PM by NamebranD »

Offline NamebranD

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2014, 04:01:08 PM »
you want no nonsense?

oscar weber is our coach for the forseeable future and there isn't a single thing you can do about it.

That's real talk. It's also the reason why I have gravitated away from blind support for our bubbly buffoon of a coach, Mr. Bumbles... And towards the overall successes of the three D1 teams in the area. Those three teams that geographically form the shape of a triangle.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2014, 04:01:35 PM »
Lucky I've been perusing these forums long enough to know it's snide city, cyberspace USA. That's probably why I don't post much here. I like to analyze my sports no nonsense style and to the point.

I'll get off my high horse, we're all still fans of the same team here. Just a little irked by the fact that this team lost by more in Lawrence than they ever really did in the Frank Martin era.

Also, that wide open Omari airball pisses me off.

You have some strong takes man, some really strong takes.  You see that row of pakheads under my name there?  That means I am the Charlie Strong around here, and lucky for you I like your no nonsense style.   I tell you what, any of these peckerheads give you trouble you hit that "Report to moderator" link and I will put those peckers in place.  You put some posts with some numbers and more of that hard hitting analysis and you will go far here.  I will ensure that.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2014, 04:02:37 PM »
I'm not embarrassed losing to a better team on the road.

I'm embarrassed because KU isn't 26 points better. I fully expect us to finish in the top 4 of the conference. Lesser teams will at least give KU a game, but not us. The fact that we continue to crap ourselves against our instate rival and play below our ability - that's embarrassing. I don't have a solution. oscar doesn't either. Playing at home won't help.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2014, 04:04:23 PM »
How was The Quaff, Wacky?
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline NamebranD

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2014, 04:05:29 PM »
I'm not embarrassed losing to a better team on the road.

I'm embarrassed because KU isn't 26 points better. I fully expect us to finish in the top 4 of the conference. Lesser teams will at least give KU a game, but not us. The fact that we continue to crap ourselves against our instate rival and play below our ability - that's embarrassing. I don't have a solution. oscar doesn't either. Playing at home won't help.

Thank you.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2014, 04:14:40 PM »
How was The Quaff, Wacky?
Went to Tanners in Waldo. Still here. Still fun.

Offline Willesgirl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2014, 04:17:02 PM »
seriously though when was the last time a "struggling" ku team didn't take out the measuring tape and a piece of chalk and tailor the finest clown suit for the wild wildcats that you've ever seen?

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 11, 2014, 04:29:06 PM »
Hey NameBrANd.......since you only go by tourney results.......maybe stay off message boards until.......uhh......maybe when the season is over and we have lost in the first round?.??.?

I don't expect to see you here after every glorious win.......ok?

I bet when the game got out of hand you started cheering for the home KaNZa team.....ehh?
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 11, 2014, 04:34:10 PM »
it's not team burn it down, it's team reality. seeing how many people actually thought we would win today blows my mind.

go ahead and disregard my post because you've never seen my name before. I've moved away from bullshit island back to reality.

The kanza basketball triangle's weakest point will continue to be the point placed on the Manhattan, KS part of the map.

Squawk.

Offline NamebranD

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2014, 04:44:19 PM »
Hey NameBrANd.......since you only go by tourney results.......maybe stay off message boards until.......uhh......maybe when the season is over and we have lost in the first round?.??.?

I bet when the game got out of hand you started cheering for the home KaNZa team.....ehh?

Wrong on all accounts. I found myself frustrated that the same old KState routine of folding in Lawrence was back out to play.

If I had started cheering for KU to win then how in the hell would I have been fired up enough to get on a forum I never post on and vent? Your logic is flawed.

One can see the writing on the wall for tournament play when they watch games like today.

I consider myself a pretty good bracketeer during March Madness. Tell me what about todays 26 point loss is supposed to make me believe K-State is going to buck their trend of losing early in the tournament?

Notice how I didn't say "today's 26 point KU win".

I analyze from a perspective as a Wildcat fan and then I compare how we look to how the other teams in the state and our conference look. Both of the other teams look like Sweet 16 caliber teams RIGHT NOW way more than KSU does.

My outlook may change, I just don't expect it to because I've seen teams led by Weber before.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 11, 2014, 04:47:32 PM »

shut up pipe.
@lopakman

Offline massofcatfan

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2014, 05:25:14 PM »
The path to victory begins with punching each Jayhawk starter in the junk at tipoff.

The resulting 5 fouls called on the Jayhawks for getting punched in the junk will give us some momentum coming out of the gate.
I want to wake up in a city that never sleeps, etc.

Offline ljmhawk2

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2014, 06:59:06 PM »
The path to victory begins with punching each Jayhawk starter in the junk at tipoff.

The resulting 5 fouls called on the Jayhawks for getting punched in the junk will give us some momentum coming out of the gate.

i hope that happens because all 5 starters will get tossed...good gameplan.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2014, 07:02:51 PM »

Wrong on all accounts. I found myself frustrated that the same old KState routine of folding in Lawrence was back out to play.

If I had started cheering for KU to win then how in the hell would I have been fired up enough to get on a forum I never post on and vent? Your logic is flawed.

One can see the writing on the wall for tournament play when they watch games like today.

I consider myself a pretty good bracketeer during March Madness. Tell me what about todays 26 point loss is supposed to make me believe K-State is going to buck their trend of losing early in the tournament?

Notice how I didn't say "today's 26 point KU win".

I analyze from a perspective as a Wildcat fan and then I compare how we look to how the other teams in the state and our conference look. Both of the other teams look like Sweet 16 caliber teams RIGHT NOW way more than KSU does.

My outlook may change, I just don't expect it to because I've seen teams led by Weber before.

Fair points.

I said before the game KU was a bad match up and it turned out worse than I thought. But this game has very little bearing on how we'll play in March unless we get a similar opponent and frankly there are very few teams in college basketball with the bigs KU has.

Also, our freshmen will have another half a season of basketball and won't be playing in one of the toughest venues in college basketball, so it's likely they won't struggle like they did today.

Offline WavetheWheat

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • SteveDave's Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2014, 08:10:56 PM »
Jack looked good in his few minutes.  I didn't see him make one mistake.  Shoes looked well tied.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2014, 09:17:21 PM »
Who knows. Several times, Missouri blow the crap out of us in Columbia just weeks after we ran them out of Bram.
Pretty certain the sqwawks will never have a 3-point day like that again. A little effort on the Cats part would help, too.
But come on big D, you got to know where this board stands on Weber.

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2014, 09:24:34 PM »
I don't know who this NamebranD guy is, but I like him. He brings anger. If we are to ever reclaim our title as the angriest fans in college basketball, then we need more angry fans like him
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 11, 2014, 09:32:33 PM »
So who thinks Nino should start over Westicles? I do
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline ljmhawk2

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 11, 2014, 09:35:31 PM »
Who knows. Several times, Missouri blow the crap out of us in Columbia just weeks after we ran them out of Bram.
Pretty certain the sqwawks will never have a 3-point day like that again. A little effort on the Cats part would help, too.
But come on big D, you got to know where this board stands on Weber.

you don't think KU could make 8 three pointers again? LOL

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 11, 2014, 09:47:15 PM »
I think if we put absolutely no emphasis on this game for a couple of years, our team will play better. Let's just act like we don't give a damn about the game and then maybe we will win.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2014, 09:47:37 PM »
Several times, Missouri blow the crap out of us in Columbia just weeks after we ran them out of Bram.

2009?
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 11, 2014, 11:36:54 PM »
If we lose to these losers at home, I will shave my head for cancer. Mark it down. :Wha:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 11, 2014, 11:37:35 PM »

Starting to think this. Would like some input from someone with HBBIQ. :ck:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 11, 2014, 11:41:22 PM »

Starting to think this. Would like some input from someone with HBBIQ. :ck:
Westicles dob's. I like that, but nino needs more minutes.