Author Topic: Christie  (Read 5745 times)

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
Re: Christie
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2014, 11:28:07 AM »
I guess I'm pretty desensitized at this point, don't think this is that big or surprising a deal
:adios:

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2014, 11:30:50 AM »
I guess I'm pretty desensitized at this point, don't think this is that big or surprising a deal

Traffic was delayed 4 hours. If I had to go through that, I would be ready to judge his ass.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2014, 11:36:36 AM »

Traffic was delayed 4 hours. If I had to go through that, I would be ready to judge his ass.

Every time the president lands his plane this happens.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2014, 11:39:34 AM »

Being delayed at an airport where you can go to the bar to pound some suds is a whole lot different than having to sit in your car.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2014, 11:40:52 AM »

One is necessary, the other is a political dick move that fucks the citizens of his own state.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2014, 11:45:10 AM »

Being delayed at an airport where you can go to the bar to pound some suds is a whole lot different than having to sit in your car.

Freeways too NK.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2014, 11:49:36 AM »

One is necessary, the other is a political dick move that fucks the citizens of his own state.

I agree with you.

I'm waiting for proof that he issued the order or even knew about it after the fact. After watching some of his press conference, I'm convinced he had no idea.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2014, 11:51:57 AM »
Fwiw, I don't think he actually ordered this. Smells like an underling trying to impress the boss in a stupid way.

I can't believe I'm more skeptical than you on this. Don't be naive. Christie absolutely knew what was going on. It was petty thugishness, plain and simple. And yet, it still doesn't rise to the level of some of the crap Obama has done.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2014, 11:54:07 AM »
Maybe there's a level-headed republican somewhere out there that is actually better than Obama. :dunno:

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2014, 01:15:26 PM »
Maybe there's a level-headed republican somewhere out there that is actually better than Obama. :dunno:

There is. His name is Mitt Romney. Oh yeah, apparently he's got a car elevator, put his dog on the roof of his car, and only managed to save the majority of the businesses he took over while at Bain Capital, so he's the devil.

Paul Ryan or Marco Rubio would also be tremendous improvements. I could go on.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2014, 01:16:28 PM »

There is. His name is Mitt Romney. Oh yeah, apparently he's got a car elevator, put his dog on the roof of his car, and only managed to save the majority of the businesses he took over while at Bain Capital, so he's the devil.

He also wanted to spend 5 trillion on a new armada when the navy wasn't asking for it.
:dance:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2014, 01:19:30 PM »

You're gonna have to go on until you find a viable candidate because those losers are dead in the water :(

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2014, 01:23:05 PM »

You're gonna have to go on until you find a viable candidate because those losers are dead in the water :(

That wasn't the question. After Romney overwhelmingly carried independents but still lost the election, I'm not really sure what a "viable candidate" is anymore.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2014, 01:29:52 PM »

I agree with you.

I'm waiting for proof that he issued the order or even knew about it after the fact. After watching some of his press conference, I'm convinced he had no idea.

Not being able to manage or control his own staff is not very Presidential.  No thanks.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2014, 01:48:22 PM »

I agree with you.

Not being able to manage or control his own staff is not very Presidential.  No thanks.

Agree. He obviously gave her too much authority. She was like his Valerie Jarrett.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2014, 02:46:36 PM »
This doesn't eliminate him from the Presidency.  Plenty of politicians come back from much worse than this

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2014, 02:48:22 PM »
This doesn't eliminate him from the Presidency.  Plenty of politicians come back from much worse than this

Who?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2014, 02:52:26 PM »

Who?

Bill Clinton kept rolling like a stud boss.  Who was the guy cheating on his wife with the South American and then getting elected to congress?  That guy.  Marion Barry did crack and nobody GAF.  A little tougher when its the presidency, but Christie just needs to fire some people.  Blame them but also say thats no excuse and pretend to take responsibility.  In 2 years anybody still bitching about it will come across every bit as stupid and partisan as the Benghazi/IRS crowd.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2014, 02:59:25 PM »
none of those things actually affected voters.  most people are able to separate sex scandals or drug scandals from "the job" because it doesn't affect policy.  actively rough ridin' over thousands of innocent people because of a slight so small as a mayor not endorsing the governor is pretty rough ridin' hard to separate from "the job".
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2014, 03:04:23 PM »
none of those things actually affected voters.  most people are able to separate sex scandals or drug scandals from "the job" because it doesn't affect policy.  actively rough ridin' over thousands of innocent people because of a slight so small as a mayor not endorsing the governor is pretty rough ridin' hard to separate from "the job".

Ted Kennedy rough ridin' killed someone.  Granted, that doesn't effect policy but he came back from that.  Pretty unreal what you can come back from.  Don't get me wrong, this hurts Christie, but its not a career ender.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2014, 03:04:36 PM »
I think Christie was already going to have some trouble getting out of the primary. He could still become president, but I'm not sure if there is enough time for him to shake this before the next election. I also think Bill Clinton would have struggled mightily if he had to run for president immediately after the Lewinsky affair was made public.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2014, 03:06:57 PM »
I'd still vote for Christie if I had to because I'm a pragmatist, but I wouldn't like it. I'd rather vote for a decent human being. But that's just me.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 03:21:55 PM by K-S-U-Wildcats! »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2014, 03:09:36 PM »
I always just vote for whoever I believe is the best human being.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2014, 03:16:50 PM »

yup.  as you grow up, you realize that the way our government is set up, nothing really gets done, so might as well have good people in office.  would be interesting if the neocons introduced a candidate that was a good human.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2014, 03:21:17 PM »

Huh, from your posts I would have thought you voted for Obama.  :surprised: