Author Topic: Reasons We Could Win in AFH  (Read 20111 times)

Offline RONE

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Reasons We Could Win in AFH
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2014, 03:37:27 PM »
KU has really not played as a team yet this season. I honestly feel we have a better chance of beating them in Lawrence than we do in the Octagon, simply because they haven't come together as a team. With the talent they have, once they really start playing as a team they are going to be dominant.

Also, Foster is a stud. I wonder if we could get Snyder to start the cloning process on him like he has done with Lockett.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2014, 03:38:39 PM »
KU has really not played as a team yet this season. I honestly feel we have a better chance of beating them in Lawrence than we do in the Octagon, simply because they haven't come together as a team. With the talent they have, once they really start playing as a team they are going to be dominant.

Also, Foster is a stud. I wonder if we could get Snyder to start the cloning process on him like he has done with Lockett.

This makes me wonder if you've ever seen KSU play at AFH.

Offline dal9

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2014, 03:41:03 PM »
we show up and play average

lol.

the key is refs letting KSU play defense.  (doubt it happens.)  Probably can survive one or two starters shitting their pants.  Bench has four guys that don't play scared, which will be huge in this environment.

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2014, 03:42:39 PM »

I agree with that just based on the timing of the games. KU isn't a team right now and the first half of their conference sched is brutal which isn't going to help them at all. Add in that they have to go to Ames on Monday, I think we stand a good chance this weekend.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2014, 03:43:38 PM »

I agree with that just based on the timing of the games. KU isn't a team right now and the first half of their conference sched is brutal which isn't going to help them at all. Add in that they have to go to Ames on Monday, I think we stand a good chance this weekend.

ERII, we say this every year.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2014, 03:47:44 PM »
KU goes ice cold shooting, on the order of missing at least 5 open layups.

Or maybe they play in jerseys that don't say Kansas on the front - that would help alleviate the whole piss-down-our-leg factor.

KU's inexperience and lack of cohesion aside, their size and athleticism are going to destroy us.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2014, 03:48:13 PM »

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2014, 03:49:22 PM »
to all of the people who believe a scenario exists wherein we win in AFH...

:facepalm:

don't do this to yourselves. 

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2014, 03:50:02 PM »

Take it to the Loser Fan Thread.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2014, 03:55:40 PM »

I like this team a lot, but they're not winning in AFH.  I find it easier to accept the dick punching if I'm resigned to it before it happens. 

On the bright side, I think there's a great chance we go 6-1 in the 7 games between @KU and KU at home on 2/10.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2014, 03:56:53 PM »
Clone 3 more Gipson so when our bigs (big, this year) get fouled out super early, KU doesn't just start throwing their weight around underneath. 

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2014, 03:57:03 PM »

I like this team a lot, but they're not winning in AFH.  I find it easier to accept the dick punching if I'm resigned to it before it happens. 

On the bright side, I think there's a great chance we go 6-1 in the 7 games between @KU and KU at home on 2/10.

:thumbs:

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2014, 03:58:07 PM »
oscar is going to X & O Bill's face off come Saturday afternoon.  :emawkid:

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 09, 2014, 03:59:46 PM »
Also, I won't be pissed if/when wet lose to KU in Lawrence. I will move on quickly.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2014, 04:00:39 PM »
Also, I won't be pissed if/when wet lose to KU in Lawrence. I will move on quickly.

strong opportunity to start 4-1 in confy

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2014, 04:02:15 PM »

It's like the reaping in the Hunger Games.  No, it's not fun, but it's part of life.  Twice a year.  Take the losses and move on. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2014, 04:02:51 PM »

Yes. I will be upset if we aren't 4-1.

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2014, 04:03:47 PM »
the key is refs letting KSU play defense.  (doubt it happens.)  Probably can survive one or two starters shitting their pants.  Bench has four guys that don't play scared, which will be huge in this environment.
I was thinking this, but then reality hit. Have the refs EVER let K-State play defense vs. KU (in AFH or anywhere else for that matter)? With the new rules on player movement, etc., expect at least two 'Cats to foul out, probably more.

Here's how we win: toupee problems. I heard there's a troop of vigilantes here at gE.com who might be up for the task of separating Self's piece from him. No way he goes on TV without it.
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2014, 04:04:22 PM »

Yes. I will be upset if we aren't 4-1.

7-3 is what we need to be after 10. 8-2 would be something special.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2014, 04:05:46 PM »
I will probably rant about it at little if we crap our pants for the first ten minutes like always

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2014, 04:11:08 PM »
I was thinking this, but then reality hit. Have the refs EVER let K-State play defense vs. KU (in AFH or anywhere else for that matter)? With the new rules on player movement, etc., expect at least two 'Cats to foul out, probably more.

Here's how we win: toupee problems. I heard there's a troop of vigilantes here at gE.com who might be up for the task of separating Self's piece from him. No way he goes on TV without it.

Bill Self doesn't have a toupee.  If you want that hair gone, you'll have to do it the old fashioned way.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2014, 04:12:30 PM »

7-3 is what we need to be after 10. 8-2 would be something special.

Anything less than 7-3 would be dissapointing.  Any home loss between now and KU on 2/10, unnaceptable.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2014, 04:14:10 PM »

Bill Self doesn't have a toupee.  If you want that hair gone, you'll have to do it the old fashioned way.
Weird fan base, getting defensive of a hairpiece.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2014, 04:18:53 PM »

Weird fan base, getting defensive of a hairpiece.

Just educating.  He has a HerrSystemtag

Offline RONE

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2014, 04:24:59 PM »

We're a young team - the Freshman are carrying us. They don't know to be scared walking into AFH. Hopefully Shane and Will don't tell them about past experiences.

I'm just saying that once KU gels as a team, they will be dominant. They have some impressive talent. I have yet to see them come together and play.