Author Topic: 7 wins away...  (Read 7183 times)

Offline ksutrumpet

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: 7 wins away...
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2014, 10:53:24 AM »
Well we have 5 against wvu, TT and TCU, so we really only need 3.  I'm sticking to 13-5 and conf champs.
we should beat baylor and ou at home. but we will drop a couple we shouldn't on the road if we play like tonight

TCU is a special case. Just a lonely black hole of despair.
the slot machine noise is amazing

Super Mario Bros.penny slot???
kind of i can't find it anywhere, also they played the power towel song which was great

I think its just the Super Mario Bros. coin sound. Not a slot at all(or one that awards credits painfully slow)

It's from sonic the hedge hog IIRC.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2014, 11:43:46 AM »
Well we have 5 against wvu, TT and TCU, so we really only need 3.  I'm sticking to 13-5 and conf champs.

There is no way in hell that 13-5 will win a share of the conference championship
nope isu may only lose 2 conference games 4 at most

refs tho

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2014, 11:54:59 AM »

There is no way in hell that 13-5 will win a share of the conference championship

That's what I thought last year about 14-4. I didn't think there was any way KU would lose 4 games.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2014, 12:16:14 PM »
We win on Saturday and....
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2014, 01:38:05 PM »

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2014, 02:08:31 PM »

That's what I thought last year about 14-4. I didn't think there was any way KU would lose 4 games.

I didn't say anything about 14-4, the conference has had champions with 4 losses twice now. He big 12  has never had a champ with 5 losses.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2014, 03:38:25 PM »
We know we're going to lose @KU, KU, and @ISU, and we'll probably lose 2-3 more as well. A title isn't realistic, but a decent seed in the tourney is. I'm hoping for 12 wins. Anything more is gravy.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2014, 03:51:22 PM »
What if oscar has decided that he's done losing???

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2014, 04:08:44 PM »
What if oscar has decided that he's done losing???

16-4 in big 12 play. Maybe he has.  :D

Offline purplehaze

• Combo-Fan
  • #RP4POTUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2014, 06:03:59 PM »

I didn't say anything about 14-4, the conference has had champions with 4 losses twice now. He big 12  has never had a champ with 5 losses.

The XII hasn't played an 18 game schedule for very long. This is also the best the league has been from top to bottom in a while. I'm not saying 13-5 would win it, but this year I wouldn't rule it out.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 09:37:56 PM by purplehaze »

Offline 1863

• Combo-Fan
  • John Currie is a beautiful human bean.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2014, 09:10:23 PM »

nope isu may only lose 2 conference games 4 at most

Gotta think they loose more than 2 with the stretch of @OU Jan 11th, KU Jan 13th, @Texas Jan 18th. Thats a tough schedule within a short period of time. No break after that though with K-State Jan 25th @KU Jan 29th, OU Feb 1, @ OSU Feb 3.

That is six games in two really close stretches. If they can get through that with only 2 losses there is almost no way they don't win the conference. But I see them having at least 3 losses in that stretch. And they do still end with @K-State and @ Baylor within 3 days and then OSU only four days later.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2014, 11:35:05 AM »
I'm going to amend this, I was wrong I think 5 losses MAY win a share of the league. I just want to get that out there now before ISU loses today.

Offline CyberToothCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2014, 05:20:09 PM »

Based on the way WVU played against OSU, I don't think either of our games with them can be counted as sure wins. Move the Bram game into the toss-up column and Morgantown game into the underdog column.