Author Topic: People Who Hate ESPN!  (Read 18522 times)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: People Who Hate ESPN!
« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2014, 01:01:07 PM »

what about their twitter account steve dave? can I hate on that? I generally enjoy ESPN and if I don't like what they're covering I just change the channel. But... holy balls their twitter sucks.
ESPN @espn

If J.J. Watt and Clay Matthews were to arm wrestle, who do you think would win?#HOUvsGB

just hard hitting stuff there guys.

side note-i do enjoy watching games on espn but everything else is rough ridin' clown shoes

You might be taking sports too seriously.
if you cant laugh at those pics and think wtf you might be taking yourself to seriously

I actually was taking myself pretty seriously this morning, so you might be right.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 07, 2014, 01:01:32 PM »
3. and then boom he just blends back in with the crowd like a phantom
4. rusty acknowledges talent
5. steve dave acknowledges the acknowledgment
5. and then boom he just blends back in with the crowd like a phantom

5. and then boom mocat messes up even the simplest forms of math

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 07, 2014, 01:02:03 PM »
RICK DARIS, JUDGEMENT TIME

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2014, 01:02:17 PM »
ESPN can sound like certified dumbasses on social media
@Trogdor_gE

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2014, 01:04:43 PM »
There are parts of ESPN I don't like.  Most of them are closely related to the faux-argument shows they have + the trolling some of their talking heads do for ratings (which I won't deny works, but then again I hate lame HUR HUR HUR trolls which aren't unique or clever). 

:comeatme:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2014, 01:05:37 PM »
The equally sad thing is that there isn't a better option out there for sports either (not even really close).

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2014, 01:07:31 PM »

what about their twitter account steve dave? can I hate on that? I generally enjoy ESPN and if I don't like what they're covering I just change the channel. But... holy balls their twitter sucks.
ESPN @espn

If J.J. Watt and Clay Matthews were to arm wrestle, who do you think would win?#HOUvsGB

side note-i do enjoy watching games on espn but everything else is rough ridin' clown shoes

if you cant laugh at those pics and think wtf you might be taking yourself to seriously

But really, the bottom pic just seems like fun, but the top one is pretty ridiculous. A bunch of grown men sitting around super-seriously breaking down the intricacies of some linemen's tweet for a half hour is probably why the terrorists hate us.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 07, 2014, 01:08:45 PM »
the only sports related things i watch are actual live games and i don't care what channel those are on because the only thing i'm interested in is the game. therefore i have absolutely zero opinion on espn. zero. that makes me the only fair judge here and after five pages of this thread i will give you my verdict.

daris nails it.

I mean I watch ESPN probably more than any other channel on TV and I've never watched any of the shows from kslimlb3's screenshots.

That's prolly cuz they are all on in the afternoon

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 07, 2014, 01:17:38 PM »

ESPN @espn

But really, the bottom pic just seems like fun, but the top one is pretty ridiculous. A bunch of grown men sitting around super-seriously breaking down the intricacies of some linemen's tweet for a half hour is probably why the terrorists hate us.
you make a good point about the bottom pic, the way i looked at it was the tebow thing was dying and they tried so incredibly hard to make something out of nothing. which is a microcosm of espn in itself. i guess i have a big pet peeve with jumping the shark so to speak with most of this stuff. lets be honest here tho i watch espn a rough ridin' lot

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2014, 01:21:49 PM »
ESPN's pretty good at rating college QBs.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 07, 2014, 01:26:44 PM »
3. and then boom he just blends back in with the crowd like a phantom
4. rusty acknowledges talent
5. steve dave acknowledges the acknowledgment
5. and then boom he just blends back in with the crowd like a phantom

5. and then boom mocat messes up even the simplest forms of math

even my typos are math related  :lol:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2014, 01:33:34 PM »
i hemmy printed all five pages and then uploaded those pages into my super computer. the computer then digitized the results into an algorithm log based scale before finally producing the following results. "espn is ridiculously massive and big and very, very good. if you want to fine tooth comb them then yes there are things you could complain about. but that is true with anything in life and as a whole, they are good and the people that complain about them are all humoungous dorks who need to get hobbies"

judgment in favor of people making fun of the people that complain about espn.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 07, 2014, 01:34:49 PM »
in the days before the internets (:cyclist:) Sportscenter was a revelation  and they did not need manufactured controversies or trolling personalities and the 5 pm SC was the highlight of many a fall weekday in the heart of DoD 1.0

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2014, 01:35:44 PM »
i hemmy printed all five pages and then uploaded those pages into my super computer. the computer then digitized the results into an algorithm log based scale before finally producing the following results. "espn is ridiculously massive and big and very, very good. if you want to fine tooth comb them then yes there are things you could complain about. but that is true with anything in life and as a whole, they are good and the people that complain about them are all humoungous dorks who need to get hobbies"

judgment in favor of people making fun of the people that complain about espn.
what if complaining about stuff is there hobby rick?

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2014, 01:35:45 PM »

ESPN @espn

you make a good point about the bottom pic, the way i looked at it was the tebow thing was dying and they tried so incredibly hard to make something out of nothing. which is a microcosm of espn in itself. i guess i have a big pet peeve with jumping the shark so to speak with most of this stuff. lets be honest here tho i watch espn a rough ridin' lot

It's just a 24-hour sports station trying to think about more stuff to talk about. Just like 24-hour news channels do. If you are a 24-hour anything network like 85% of your content is going to be completely inane horseshit. All I know is anytime I actually sit down and watch one of those half-hour shows were guys sit around a table and argue about sports I start feeling really bad about myself. Stop doing that and you might feel better.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2014, 01:43:13 PM »

ESPN @espn

It's just a 24-hour sports station trying to think about more stuff to talk about. Just like 24-hour news channels do. If you are a 24-hour anything network like 85% of your content is going to be completely inane horseshit. All I know is anytime I actually sit down and watch one of those half-hour shows were guys sit around a table and argue about sports I start feeling really bad about myself. Stop doing that and you might feel better.
I have  :dunno: hence the NBCsports network post. but i agree, maybe i read way too much into things. and you are definately right about the 24hr news station comparo. again i never said i hated espn if anything its fun for me to laugh at.

Offline The_Wippuh

• Plainsman
  • Combo-Fan
  • SEC! SEC! SEC! (except Tennessee, eff them!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2014, 01:50:00 PM »
Also, the only reason Steven A Smith is on the air is because is tested SO EXTREMELY POOR with the test audiences, that the main exec at ESPN knew he had to get him on just for the emotional reaction, negative or not.

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2014, 01:57:38 PM »
ESPN  :jerk: the SEC with the way too early Top 25

only 2 Big 12 teams in the top 25  :facepalm:,

and 8 SEC teams  :curse:

#cocksuckers!!

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2014, 02:06:57 PM »

#cocksuckers!!

:love:

Offline The_Wippuh

• Plainsman
  • Combo-Fan
  • SEC! SEC! SEC! (except Tennessee, eff them!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2014, 02:08:52 PM »

#cocksuckers!!

How does that compare to the final poll?  The final BCS poll has...

7 SEC teams
3 Big 12?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2014, 02:09:29 PM »

#cocksuckers!!

yep that post is what you were looking for isnt it

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2014, 02:14:42 PM »

#cocksuckers!!

pick on somebody with a post count of your own size! (oh wait  :lol:)

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 07, 2014, 02:21:16 PM »

#cocksuckers!!

I found your "nah, I don't hate em, I'm playin' it cool but OMG Griffining and Skip Bayless are you kidding me" posts to be just as entertaining.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 07, 2014, 02:23:43 PM »

#cocksuckers!!

I found your "nah, I don't hate em, I'm playin' it cool but OMG Griffining and Skip Bayless are you kidding me" posts to be just as entertaining.
well thats what im here for. if only i could entertain fanning and scottwildcat and find the rough ridin' phone this place would be back to normal

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 07, 2014, 02:27:56 PM »

#cocksuckers!!

yep