Author Topic: People Who Hate ESPN!  (Read 19225 times)

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: People Who Hate ESPN!
« Reply #75 on: January 07, 2014, 10:53:03 AM »
I don't watch espn other than games.  the coaches feed or whatever last night was interesting but it was effing stupid to not have their commentary going with a full screen of football.

It was hard to see what was going on.

ESPN and brent and herbs was elite as usual.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 07, 2014, 10:53:23 AM »

what about their twitter account steve dave? can I hate on that? I generally enjoy ESPN and if I don't like what they're covering I just change the channel. But... holy balls their twitter sucks.
ESPN @espn

If J.J. Watt and Clay Matthews were to arm wrestle, who do you think would win?#HOUvsGB

just hard hitting stuff there guys.

side note-i do enjoy watching games on espn but everything else is rough ridin' clown shoes

You might be taking sports too seriously.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2014, 11:02:20 AM »
OMG I HATE HOW ESPN DOESN'T TALK ENOUGH ABOUT MY MEDIOCRE FAVORITE TEAM!

I have no problem with them slobbing all over knobs of the Heat, Red Sox, Bulls, Patriots etc.  Those teams have earned their coverage.  And I don't care that they don't talk about the Chiefs/Royals/K-State.

The New York Jets and the Dallas Cowboys are mediocre organizations who are newsworthy only in how poorly run they are.  I would rather hear about the elite Seahawks with their sexy uniforms and players and sexy sexiness than organizations that are basically the Cleveland Browns but with obnoxious front office people.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 07, 2014, 11:04:14 AM »
rick daris that was hurtful. i just like to laugh is all.  :frown:
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline TheHamburglar

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 07, 2014, 11:10:00 AM »
I wish every game was on ESPN, but that's just because I think the picture on Fox looks like crap.  I don't know if its their camera settings, difference cameras, or what, but Fox doesn't have the same pop on the screen that ESPN has.  Even the graphics when they have special stories and stuff look dull. 
I got a guy on the other line about some white walls

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2014, 11:27:34 AM »
I wish every game was on ESPN, but that's just because I think the picture on Fox looks like crap.  I don't know if its their camera settings, difference cameras, or what, but Fox doesn't have the same pop on the screen that ESPN has.  Even the graphics when they have special stories and stuff look dull. 

captain crap tried to tell me that was the settings on the fox camera.  i think it's the lights in the OOD being on brighter for espn games.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2014, 11:32:09 AM »

what about their twitter account steve dave? can I hate on that? I generally enjoy ESPN and if I don't like what they're covering I just change the channel. But... holy balls their twitter sucks.
ESPN @espn

If J.J. Watt and Clay Matthews were to arm wrestle, who do you think would win?#HOUvsGB

just hard hitting stuff there guys.

side note-i do enjoy watching games on espn but everything else is rough ridin' clown shoes

You might be taking sports too seriously.
if you cant laugh at those pics and think wtf you might be taking yourself to seriously

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2014, 11:34:29 AM »
OMG I HATE HOW ESPN DOESN'T TALK ENOUGH ABOUT MY MEDIOCRE FAVORITE TEAM!

I have no problem with them slobbing all over knobs of the Heat, Red Sox, Bulls, Patriots etc.  Those teams have earned their coverage.  And I don't care that they don't talk about the Chiefs/Royals/K-State.

The New York Jets and the Dallas Cowboys are mediocre organizations who are newsworthy only in how poorly run they are.  I would rather hear about the elite Seahawks with their sexy uniforms and players and sexy sexiness than organizations that are basically the Cleveland Browns but with obnoxious front office people.

there are more fans/people interested in the cowboys and jets than the seahawks.  it's still a business, and they want the most viewers possible.

ANGRY!

Online _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2014, 11:38:55 AM »
I like the 30 for 30's.  Plus everything else.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2014, 11:42:26 AM »
i have no problem with their talking about larger markets' teams more, and nobody should.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2014, 11:49:50 AM »
the only sports related things i watch are actual live games and i don't care what channel those are on because the only thing i'm interested in is the game. therefore i have absolutely zero opinion on espn. zero. that makes me the only fair judge here and after five pages of this thread i will give you my verdict.

daris nails it.

I mean I watch ESPN probably more than any other channel on TV and I've never watched any of the shows from kslimlb3's screenshots.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2014, 11:54:44 AM »
the only sports related things i watch are actual live games and i don't care what channel those are on because the only thing i'm interested in is the game. therefore i have absolutely zero opinion on espn. zero. that makes me the only fair judge here and after five pages of this thread i will give you my verdict.

daris nails it.

I mean I watch ESPN probably more than any other channel on TV and I've never watched any of the shows from kslimlb3's screenshots.
youve never watched sportscenter? thats what the majority of them are from, well that and first take/cold pizza

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2014, 11:56:22 AM »
youve never watched sportscenter? thats what the majority of them are from, well that and first take/cold pizza

Not really. The stuff I don't enjoy about ESPN I don't watch, but I don't hate it. Yet I still watch ESPN more than any other channel because they have great games (college football/basketball).

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2014, 11:57:10 AM »
I tweeted this yesterday:

FANMAN_KSU ?@FANMAN_KSU 14h @jswabash I hate ppl who bash #ESPN. I mean I get it. They're dumb w/ the Tebow, Manziel, & SEC's of the world, but it's a fantastic network

FANMAN_KSU ?@FANMAN_KSU 14h @jswabash As a guy, could you imagine life without #espn? We'd probably invest in tampons and record daytime soaps.

STEVEDAVE!!! :shakesfist:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2014, 11:58:35 AM »
I tweeted this yesterday:

FANMAN_KSU ?@FANMAN_KSU 14h @jswabash I hate ppl who bash #ESPN. I mean I get it. They're dumb w/ the Tebow, Manziel, & SEC's of the world, but it's a fantastic network

FANMAN_KSU ?@FANMAN_KSU 14h @jswabash As a guy, could you imagine life without #espn? We'd probably invest in tampons and record daytime soaps.

STEVEDAVE!!! :shakesfist:

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 07, 2014, 12:15:50 PM »
see you at Foundry tonight fan man  :cheers:

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 07, 2014, 12:15:57 PM »
Everyone complains about First Take but who has time for it anyways? I'm always BBS'ing at work when it's on

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 07, 2014, 12:17:00 PM »
see you at Foundry tonight fan man  :cheers:
Gotta work till 8 :frown: Maybe the 2nd half. Go cats!

Offline The_Wippuh

• Plainsman
  • Combo-Fan
  • SEC! SEC! SEC! (except Tennessee, eff them!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2014, 12:18:51 PM »
If you dislike ESPN, do not read the following book...

It is one huge unbiased view of how awful they can truly be.  From how they basically threw out the guy that birthed the entire thing, to Tirico being a walking sexual harassment case to how they hate the development of personalities on tv (think Patrick, Olbermann, Scott, etc...), it's a very intriguing look into the company.

ESPN will do whatever they can to "stir it up" and make money.  Their purchase into the Disney/ABC family of companies has only made it worse.

The good thing is that NBCSN is pretty damn great, especially if you like the EPL and NHL.  CBSSports Radio is quickly catching up to ESPNRadio too imo. 

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2014, 12:20:57 PM »
wow give me some Tirico dirt! can't exactly picture him schmoozing babes

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2014, 12:23:07 PM »
wow give me some Tirico dirt! can't exactly picture him schmoozing babes
The first Tirico story involves him hitting on a woman and stalking her after a house party in fall 1992. The woman was a production assistant and "considered an up-and-coming talent," and Tirico went up to her at the party and said "you're the most beautiful woman in here." She walked away, but he kept following her around the party until she finally snapped, "Why don't you eff off? Get away from me." As she and friends hopped in their car and pulled out of the party, Tirico stepped in front of the car and made the woman stop. "You're the most beautiful person I've ever seen and I think I'm in love with you," Tirico said. She tried to roll up her window and take off, but Tirico stuck his hand in and tried to wedge it between her thighs. She got away, and the next morning, when they saw each other in the ESPN parking lot, he walked up to her, and she expected him to apologize. Instead, he said, "all I did all day was think about you."

In another story, one female producer — who had been to dinner with Tirico and his fiancee — was startled to receive an email from him saying that he wanted to sleep with her. Later, when the staff went to a bar after a late night covering the NCAA tournament, Tirico approached her and said, "I wish I was single. If I were, I'd throw you on the table right here and eff your brains out." After she tried to excuse him as drunk, he persisted: "I know you want to screw me. So let's leave." Later, he followed her on the highway and tried to get her to pull over, unsuccessfully.

Tirico was ultimately suspended for three months and is interviewed in the book, where he, like Reynolds, calls the incidents "misunderstandings." He is now doing "Monday Night Football" and is still married.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2014, 12:33:33 PM »
When FS1 launched I was like "oh man, here we go!" thinking it might be better. I was dead wrong. Although in the summer I enjoy MLB tonight on MLB network more than ESPN sportscenter or baseball tonight.

I never watch first take, which is what most complainers 'plain about the most.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2014, 12:40:43 PM »
I do think its funny how ESPN's best talent goes elsewhere because they are completely expendable to the WWL. Always younger and cheaper labor who is dying to take their place.

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 07, 2014, 12:54:01 PM »
Steve has an incredible knack for

1.  Seeing underlying hot button issues
2.  Creating threads in the right way to have them explode into spirited debate.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 07, 2014, 12:58:38 PM »
3. and then boom he just blends back in with the crowd like a phantom
4. rusty acknowledges talent
5. steve dave acknowledges the acknowledgment
5. and then boom he just blends back in with the crowd like a phantom