Author Topic: You know what I'm excited for?  (Read 2502 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
You know what I'm excited for?
« on: January 03, 2014, 10:21:20 AM »
The Champions bowl next year and every year after!

The 2 best conferences, locked in combat every year down in NawLeans? Yes Please!

How long until the Cats get invited? Could it be next year?!?! I hope so!  :billdance:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: You know what I'm excited for?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 10:22:52 AM »
playoff, tho

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 03:53:24 PM »
it is like a million times better than the Fiesta - better location, better opponents  :billdance:

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 10:11:48 PM »

Big 12 Football: Power Ranking Every Team by Full Coaching Staff

By
Alex Sims
  (Featured Columnist)  on January 21, 2014

#1 K-State Wildcats

Head Coach: LHC Bill Snyder (178-90-1)

Not enough can be said about Kansas State head coach LHC Bill Snyder.

He made Kansas State a power in the late 1990s and early 2000s, including leading the Wildcats to six 11-win seasons in seven years. Then he left, only to return after the program began to dip and bring it back into contention.

He returned to Manhattan in 2009 and won the Big 12 title in just his fourth season back.

The winningest coach in the Big 12, Snyder also has several long-tenured assistants, most notably former Wyoming and Houston head coach Dana Dimel, offensive coordinator Del Miller and defensive coordinator Tom Hayes.

The amount of success this group has had in the Big 12 at a program not named Texas or Oklahoma is remarkable.
 :billdance:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 10:18:26 PM »
2. Oklahoma Sooners

Head Coach: Bob Stoops (160-39)

In addition to having perhaps the best head coach in the conference, Oklahoma has an excellent group of assistants behind him.

Bob Stoops has achieved sustained long-term success in Norman, which very few coaches anywhere are able to accomplish.

As a result, he has attracted an impressive group of coaches around him, including his brother and former Arizona Wildcats head coach Mike Stoops. OU also boasts a receivers coach, Jay Norvell, with NFL coaching and playing experience, and a former Sooner and bright offensive mind, Josh Heupel, heading up the offense.

It isn't a mystery as to why Oklahoma is one of the most successful programs in the Big 12.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2014, 10:20:51 PM »
3. Baylor Bears

Head Coach: Art Briles (44-32)

Everything about Art Briles' tenure at Baylor has been impressive.

He took a team that hadn't notched a single winning season as a member of the Big 12 Conference and turned it into a perennial contender.

The Bears won their first league crown in 2013 and seem to be set up for sustained success. Much of that is thanks to the relative continuity on Briles' staff.

He has managed to hold on to offensive coordinator Philip Montgomery, despite him earning several assistant coach of the year honors. His defensive coordinator, Phil Bennett, has been in Waco since 2011 and held the same position at Pittsburgh, Kansas State, LSU and several other programs, while also spending a few seasons as the head coach at Southern Methodist.

Altogether, Briles has an excellent staff, and that has shown on the field.
sorry sonofdaxjones, maybe next year.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2014, 10:23:19 PM »
4. TCU Horned Frogs

Head Coach: Gary Patterson (120-44)

Gary Patterson and his staff in Fort Worth make up one of the most experienced bunches Big 12.

Patterson and eight members of his staff have been at TCU for 10 or more seasons. That seasoned group has been together and achieving success for some time.

They are joined by a nice blend of young coaches, including linebackers coach DeMontie Cross, who has spent time with the NFL's Buffalo Bills and the Big Ten's Wisconsin Badgers, among other teams. On the offensive side, the Horned Frogs recently added a bright young coordinator, Sonny Cumbie. Cumbie was a prolific quarterback at Texas Tech and was later an assistant for the Red Raiders.

The transition to the Big 12 hasn't gone as smooth as TCU had hoped, but if any staff can adapt, this one can.
I guess we can count ourselves lucky we didn't end up with this guy.

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2014, 10:26:39 PM »

Big 12 Football: Power Ranking Every Team by Full Coaching Staff

By
Alex Sims
  (Featured Columnist)  on January 21, 2014

#1 K-State Wildcats

Head Coach: LHC Bill Snyder (178-90-1)

Not enough can be said about Kansas State head coach LHC Bill Snyder.

He made Kansas State a power in the late 1990s and early 2000s, including leading the Wildcats to six 11-win seasons in seven years. Then he left, only to return after the program began to dip and bring it back into contention.

He returned to Manhattan in 2009 and won the Big 12 title in just his fourth season back.

The winningest coach in the Big 12, Snyder also has several long-tenured assistants, most notably former Wyoming and Houston head coach Dana Dimel, offensive coordinator Del Miller and defensive coordinator Tom Hayes.

The amount of success this group has had in the Big 12 at a program not named Texas or Oklahoma is remarkable.
 :billdance:
Tom Hayes is a complete stud.  Wish he was younger tho.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2014, 10:27:34 PM »
5. Oklahoma State Cowboys

Head Coach: Mike Gundy (77-38)

Mike Gundy has come a long way from "I'm a man, I'm 40."

The coach who infamously stood up for a player who was disparaged in a local newspaper is now one of the most successful coaches in the Big 12.

The only thing distracting from his staff overall is the incredible turnover it has seen.

Current West Virginia head coach Dana Holgorsen, WVU special teams coordinator Joe DeForest, Texas offensive line coach Joe Wickline and Southern Miss head coach Todd Monken are just several of many assistants to use Gundy's staff as a stepping stone.

Even with that ridiculous rate of change, Gundy keeps finding replacements to keep the Cowboys in contention in the conference.

His staff includes a young but budding offensive coordinator, Mike Yurcich, and former K-State assistant Joe Bob Clements.
I hope this red headed hothead dies in a fire.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 10:30:09 PM »
6. Texas Longhorns

Head Coach: Charlie Strong (37-16)
The Big 12's only new head coach for 2014, Charlie Strong brings a strong personal resume to Austin. He was very successful in his first head position at Louisville, where he went 23-3 in the last two seasons. Before leading the Cardinals, he was a defensive assistant at Florida.

He has brought several members of his own Louisville staff to UT, including defensive coordinator Vance Bedford and head offensive assistant Shawn Watson.

He was also able to pull offensive line coach Joe Wickline from Oklahoma State and highly experienced receivers coach Les Koenning, who was previously Mississippi State's offensive coordinator.

Perhaps the headliner of Strong's new staff is assistant head coach for defense and defensive line coach Chris Rumph, who joined from Nick Saban's staff at Alabama.

This group looks good on paper, but it'll still have to prove its worth on the field.
Asskicker or Buttwiper, we'll fine out by the end of this season.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 10:32:08 PM »
6. Texas Longhorns

Head Coach: Charlie Strong (37-16)
The Big 12's only new head coach for 2014, Charlie Strong brings a strong personal resume to Austin. He was very successful in his first head position at Louisville, where he went 23-3 in the last two seasons. Before leading the Cardinals, he was a defensive assistant at Florida.

He has brought several members of his own Louisville staff to UT, including defensive coordinator Vance Bedford and head offensive assistant Shawn Watson.

He was also able to pull offensive line coach Joe Wickline from Oklahoma State and highly experienced receivers coach Les Koenning, who was previously Mississippi State's offensive coordinator.

Perhaps the headliner of Strong's new staff is assistant head coach for defense and defensive line coach Chris Rumph, who joined from Nick Saban's staff at Alabama.

This group looks good on paper, but it'll still have to prove its worth on the field.
Asskicker or Buttwiper, we'll fine out by the end of this season.
:D

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 10:33:02 PM »
7. West Virginia Mountaineers

Head Coach: Dana Holgorsen (21-17)

Dana Holgorsen's first coaching job at West Virginia has brought mixed results.

He started off strong with an Orange Bowl win in his first year, but the Mountaineers have fallen off since.

He has some solid assistants around him, including defensive coordinator Keith Patterson, who was on staff and at one time the interim head coach at Pitt. Safeties coach Tony Gibson also spent time at Pitt, as well as Michigan and Arizona with former WVU coach Rich Rodriguez, while offensive line coach Ron Crook joined from Stanford.

Like Texas Tech, this staff has the groundwork to be a successful one, but it is still unproven.
Coal aggies are getting their nuts kicked in by a real conference.  no offense to WVU fans.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2014, 10:35:24 PM »
8. Iowa State Cyclones

Head Coach: Paul Rhoads (27-36)

After the worst season of his otherwise solid tenure at Iowa State, Paul Rhoads made a much-needed upgrade to his staff.

The Cyclones finished 3-9 and ninth in the league in scoring offense, prompting the addition of Mark Mangino at offensive coordinator. Mangino was the head coach at Kansas for several years and even took the Jayhawks to a 12-1 finish and an Orange Bowl win, which was one of the program's best seasons in its history. He also spent time as an offensive coordinator at Oklahoma.

He'll be opposite a very experienced defensive coordinator, Wally Burnham, who was a longtime defensive assistant at South Florida and South Carolina, as well as Florida State under Bobby Bowden.

The Cyclones also boast a good young running backs coach, Louis Ayeni, who tutored a prolific running back, David Fluellen, at Toledo.

How Mangino blends with this staff will be very telling going forward, and it could help Rhoads keep his job in Ames.
Proud Paul will have a few more years, thanks to the Fatmangino.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2014, 10:39:24 PM »
9. Kansas Jayhawks

Head Coach: Charlie Weis (39-47)

Charlie Weis has one of the most impressive pedigrees of any Big 12 coach.

He was the head coach at Notre Dame and has four Super Bowl rings from his time as an assistant under coaching legends Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick.

However, his tenure in South Bend wasn't the greatest and Kansas is still a work-in-progress after his second season in Lawrence.

His top assistant on the defensive side is Dave Campo, who has an equally impressive resume that includes time at Miami (Fla.) and with the Dallas Cowboys under Jimmy Johnson.

Now this group just needs to take that experience and turn it into more wins at KU.
Chaz, maybe this year you'll win the lottery and finally get fired.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2014, 10:42:15 PM »
FOR THE COOL KIDS, YES THAT'S YOU KIMMY!

10. Texas Tech Red Raiders

Head Coach: Kliff Kingsbury (8-5)

Like its head coach, Texas Tech's overall coaching staff is young.

The group, still mostly unproven, is guided by Kingsbury, who just wrapped up a solid 8-5 regular season.

Kingsbury still is his own offensive coordinator, but receives a hand from Co-OC Eric Morris, a young coach who, like Kingsbury, has ties to Kevin Sumlin and Mike Leach.

Heading up the defense, TTU shows a bit more experience, including former Texas A&M coach Matt Wallerstedt and Mike Smith, who was previously the outside linebackers coach for the New York Jets
Thank God he's got Matt!
 :ROFL:

Offline Demo158

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2014, 10:45:59 PM »
Top 6 is spot on. Bottom 4 needs some rearranging.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2014, 10:49:59 PM »
Tell USA Today about it.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2014, 09:07:47 AM »
How the hell is our guy last? Won more games in a year than the last two coaches at ku have combined in four years

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2014, 12:36:35 PM »
How the hell is our guy last? Won more games in a year than the last two coaches at ku have combined in four years

USA Today is not down with the Swagmeister.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2014, 01:13:03 PM »
Hey katdaddy, make sure you post each teams prognostication in a separate post.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2014, 04:09:37 PM »
Hey katdaddy, make sure you post each teams prognostication in a separate post.

gotta pad that post count for more queso jars, bruh.

Also, who the eff would rank guns up and Hollywood below Chaz's dumpster fire? That's asinine.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2014, 08:47:39 PM »
Well at least national sports writers thing the Wizard and his Merry Scheme Makers are tops. :party:  Too bad some turds think we're lacking in coaching due to age... racists.  :nono: