Author Topic: Moderates, What Can We Do To Help The Right Find Their Way?  (Read 3336 times)

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Moderates, What Can We Do To Help The Right Find Their Way?
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2013, 10:41:54 AM »
A preliminary question just to get my frame of reference, what do the "moderates" on this board disagree with about the Obama administration and liberal politics in general?

Well, I think we should start with repealing the Patriot Act and work our way towards not bombing so many people overseas. Then we can move on to the way that the ACA has been implemented and handled and try to find a better way to control healthcare costs. I would also like to see more large scale civil projects get the green light. We are currently spending about half of the amount on our highway infrastructure that we should be spending, and our bridges are going to become deficient at a faster rate than we can fix them.

Reducing the restrictions on clean coal to a somewhat reasonable level would also be welcome. Population growth is going to be a major issue in the near future, largely because we are doing far too little to increase energy and ag production.

Sounds like you want to ramp up gov spending.

Yeah.

Not sure that's a very good idea, imo

Being a superpower costs money. Plus, we could save a whole lot of money by cutting out the war mongering.

Yeah but we don't have any money. Agree on your second point.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2013, 10:44:22 AM »
A preliminary question just to get my frame of reference, what do the "moderates" on this board disagree with about the Obama administration and liberal politics in general?

Well, I think we should start with repealing the Patriot Act and work our way towards not bombing so many people overseas. Then we can move on to the way that the ACA has been implemented and handled and try to find a better way to control healthcare costs. I would also like to see more large scale civil projects get the green light. We are currently spending about half of the amount on our highway infrastructure that we should be spending, and our bridges are going to become deficient at a faster rate than we can fix them.

Reducing the restrictions on clean coal to a somewhat reasonable level would also be welcome. Population growth is going to be a major issue in the near future, largely because we are doing far too little to increase energy and ag production.

Yeah.

Being a superpower costs money. Plus, we could save a whole lot of money by cutting out the war mongering.

Yeah but we don't have any money. Agree on your second point.

We have plenty of money if we act now. I agree that we probably don't have enough money to fix these issues later when they become glaring and obvious.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2013, 11:17:39 AM »

Yeah.

Being a superpower also means anyone that wants to work should have a full-time job equal to their qualifications. When this is achieved, we have money for pretty much everything without raising taxes. Right now, this is not being addressed. Giving money away to able-bodied non-Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) people will keep this country from moving forward.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2013, 11:23:52 AM »

Yeah.

Being a superpower also means anyone that wants to work should have a full-time job equal to their qualifications. When this is achieved, we have money for pretty much everything without raising taxes. Right now, this is not being addressed. Giving money away to able-bodied non-Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!) people will keep this country from moving forward.

This has never been the case in any country or kingdom in the world. I don't think your view on what it takes to be a superpower is very realistic. I also think that it really isn't all that hard to go out and find a job equal to your qualifications. It is hard to get a job that you aren't qualified for.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2013, 12:28:21 PM »

Yeah.

This has never been the case in any country or kingdom in the world. I don't think your view on what it takes to be a superpower is very realistic. I also think that it really isn't all that hard to go out and find a job equal to your qualifications. It is hard to get a job that you aren't qualified for.

Surely you realize that the only reason the unemployment number is creeping down is because skilled workers are running out of unemployment payments or going on disability and dropping off the rolls. It isn't because they are finding jobs. The real unemployment number is closer to 17%, not 7%.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2013, 01:01:12 PM »

Yeah.

Surely you realize that the only reason the unemployment number is creeping down is because skilled workers are running out of unemployment payments or going on disability and dropping off the rolls. It isn't because they are finding jobs. The real unemployment number is closer to 17%, not 7%.

Surely you realize that the real unemployment number has always been much higher than the reported number, and the reported number is a far better indicator of just how difficult it is to go out and find a job.

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2013, 01:17:17 PM »

Yeah.

Surely you realize that the real unemployment number has always been much higher than the reported number, and the reported number is a far better indicator of just how difficult it is to go out and find a job.

Maybe, maybe not, the metrics have been changed. But, we are paying much more for the unemployment than we used to through extended unemployment, food stamps, disability, etc. You said it was easy to go get a job you're for which you are qualified, which is completely false, especially for older workers.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2013, 01:40:23 PM »
Well, I don't support extending unemployment benefits. Food stamps are a product of not having enough American citizens who are qualified to work high paying jobs. Technology has really kicked older workers' asses. That is why it is important to save your money so that you can retire early. I mean, I don't want to retire early, but it's going to be nice to have that option if I get replaced by a robot down the line.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2013, 11:33:44 PM »

Yeah.

To help the right get back on track they should stop blaming the poor and unemployed for the nations ills. 

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 25, 2013, 12:31:21 AM »

Yeah.

To help the right get back on track they should stop blaming the poor and unemployed for the nations ills.

I blame the liberals for keeping them poor and unemployed.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 25, 2013, 12:35:35 AM »
Standard ignorant answer.

Ever thought about trade policy? Wage stagnation? Reduced higher education funding?

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2013, 01:29:54 PM »
Obviously it's to our benefit as moderates to have an even distribution of right and left. What can we do to help the right get back on track?
vote in primaries for moderate/least fundie candidates

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2013, 11:10:15 PM »
Be browner
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2013, 01:16:11 AM »
purchase NBC and CBS.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2013, 04:50:08 PM »
two pages to blame the media?  that talking point must be losing steam.  sad really, like your kid moving away for college... not going to be the same without it. :frown:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite