Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 654775 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
live is the non-cable one... had it for 3-4 years now and have def liked it but just don't have time to watch many of the games other than skc.  haven't checked terms w/ them yet

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
of course olum with the first goal of 2017

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
of course olum with the first goal of 2017

Motherfuck

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Welcome back to the SKC thread everyone. Looking forward to this season.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The new color guy is the most British looking guy. He struggles doing pregame thoughts. The new girl is also struggling in pregame. FSNKC's picture quality and graphics are night and day better than the old tv deal.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Meh. Will take a draw I guess. Gerso is going to be a treat on the wing. Ilie is also the real deal. He will quietly be one of if not our best player this season.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The new color guy is the most British looking guy. He struggles doing pregame thoughts. The new girl is also struggling in pregame. FSNKC's picture quality and graphics are night and day better than the old tv deal.

Yeah, that guy looks exactly like what an American would cast as a Brit in a British comedy. The hair, teeth, and complexion, it was all so extra. That sideline reporter was brutal during the pregame and not much better during the match. I can't believe she's replacing Kacie and Jake, gah.

The match was a weird mix of meh, with some good action mixed in. The penalty call was butt, good on Tim to make it moot.

Offline spacedog

• Fan
  • meow
    • View Profile
I'm really excited for what Gerso is going to bring to the table this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Orlando FC's stadium is pure sex imo

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
can someone remind me why callum left? he's in minnesota now, wtf?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
can someone remind me why callum left? he's in minnesota now, wtf?

Sporting let him go, he didn't really leave. I'm pretty sure one of the things he ended up doing was calling MLS games in the UK with our new color commentator.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
FC Dallas were an absolute disgrace tonight.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What a rough ridin' trash club.  I get parking the bus, but eff me Dallas is worthless.  And once again the refs allow a crap play to dictate the game's play.  Half the team on yellow and still fouling like mad.  I guess time wasting is still alive and well in the MLS for another season.
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
At the same time Sporting didn't improve enough in the final third. We had a few good opportunities but didn't make their keeper make any special plays. It's going to be a long season if we can't improve quickly 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I agree to some degree, but at one point around the 75th maybe, they had all 11 in their defensive third.  Kinda hard to break through that. 

I like Llie and it it seemed like Gerso is a step behind what others are doing, and that will come in due time.

But eff the refs need to do something about teams like Dallas.  You have to card them for time wasting and quit lecturing them.

Edit: I should learn to spell Ilie.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 07:49:26 PM by ednksu »
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Thankfully I've never had to cheer for a team that played like that :Yuck:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Only two of the thirteen shots hitting the target is hot garbage.

Also Jillian Carroll is becoming problematic. She knows soccer, no doubt but knows nothing at all about broadcasting. And all of the "we" stuff has to stop like yesterday. I don't understand how she got this gig.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Also Jillian Carroll is becoming problematic. She knows soccer, no doubt but knows nothing at all about broadcasting. And all of the "we" stuff has to stop like yesterday. I don't understand how she got this gig.
You think she knows the game well enough?  I couldn't tell if some of her generic questions were a broadcasting issue or game knowledge issue.  I admittedly don't know anything about her.
I loved her asking Peter and then Beas the same questions nearly back to back about parking the bus and what it can tell us.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

You think she knows the game well enough?  I couldn't tell if some of her generic questions were a broadcasting issue or game knowledge issue.  I admittedly don't know anything about her.
I loved her asking Peter and then Beas the same questions nearly back to back about parking the bus and what it can tell us.

She's got great soccer bonafides, certainly more than Yadrich, but I wonder if she was ever on camera or the radio before last Saturday.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
She did non-live on camera stuff for the Chiefs website I believe.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
And by the Chiefs I mainly mean the Chiefs cheerleaders.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Carroll has stayed local for her professional career, spending time as a sideline reporter for the Kansas City Chiefs, FC Kansas City and the Kansas City Comets.

Born in New York and raised in Kansas City, Carroll played college soccer at the University of Northern Iowa before working toward a master’s degree from the University of Missouri – Kansas City. As a youth player, Carroll spent time in the Olympic Development Program in Kansas while playing soccer at St. Thomas Aquinas High School in Overland Park.

Since graduating from Northern Iowa, Carroll has spent eight years coaching youth soccer in Kansas City, and has coached the Kansas Olympic Development Program for one year. Carroll currently holds a U.S. Soccer Federation E License.

In her role with the Kansas City Chiefs, Carroll worked with the NFL Play 60 youth outreach program and also served as a Community Correspondent to help promote the club throughout the city. Carroll won an Emmy Award in 2015 for her “Chiefs Cheerleader Calendar Special” piece.

https://www.sportingkc.com/post/2017/02/14/sporting-kansas-city-announces-2017-broadcast-team

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
MNU is so rough ridin' bad.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
MNU is so rough ridin' bad.
Yeah that first goal was a comedy of errors

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Wow....they suck

not sure wtf their keeper is doing, awful play.