Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 631073 times)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10050 on: October 16, 2017, 10:19:05 AM »
i have watched that gif like 100 times. fcdallas drops so fast it surprises me every time!

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #10052 on: October 17, 2017, 06:12:42 AM »
That's stupid

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10053 on: October 17, 2017, 07:25:42 AM »
That's stupid

looking out for the best interest for your business isn't stupid. 75% capacity, no real renovation since it opened in 1999. If the owner feels like they are better off in Austin, then that's his prerogative.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10054 on: October 17, 2017, 07:29:52 AM »
Oh I'm sure he can scrounge up some downtown real estate in austin

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10055 on: October 17, 2017, 07:34:32 AM »
I mean you can see downtown from mapfre, it's a looong walk but I've walked it. It's stupid to hold cbus hostage over an 18 yr old stadium

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10056 on: October 17, 2017, 07:58:31 AM »
an 18 year old stadium that is far and away the worst SSS in MLS. A stadium that isn't filled anymore.

And i agree, i doubt he gets a downtown stadium in Austin, and i think it's highly unlikely they publicly fund it, but if they would he should make the best business decision for his investment, and if he is going to have to use his money, or private money to build a stadium, he and his investors should be able to choose where he does it, and as the owner of his franchise,as long as MLS approves, he should be able to play where he wants.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10057 on: October 17, 2017, 07:35:09 PM »
That's stupid

looking out for the best interest for your business isn't stupid. 75% capacity, no real renovation since it opened in 1999. If the owner feels like they are better off in Austin, then that's his prerogative.

Precourt is a despicable snake. He did this right before the playoffs and while they are still actively negotiating because he's torpedoing the process. When he purchased the team he negotiated an out clause to move the team to Austin. He also reportedly owns the Austin propaganda MLS webpage. MLS also made trademark requests for an Austin franchise name, just in August.

Precourt was offered money to buy the team but he wouldn't sell, relocating the team costs him nothing, the expansion fee is $150 million.

Also before discussing how full the stadium is bear in mind Columbus is the smallest market but has no where close to the smallest stadium. For instance San Jose is more than 3 times bigger than Columbus but their stadium is 2000 seats smaller. Kansas City metro is more than 2 times bigger than Columbus but has a smaller stadium; Denver, DC, Dallas, Boston, Chicago, and Philadelphia are all stadiums either smaller or the same size as Mapfre with much much larger populations.

Don Garber is the biggest shithead in all of this, he shouldn't be allowing all of this to happen. He's screwing Columbus and frankly he's screwing the league by giving up the Austin market without getting that expansion fee.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10058 on: October 17, 2017, 07:37:13 PM »
Kc metro and cbus metro have like identical populations mir

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10059 on: October 17, 2017, 07:58:30 PM »
Kc metro and cbus metro have like identical populations mir

Yeah, sorry I misread the metro area.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10060 on: October 17, 2017, 08:15:30 PM »
That's stupid

Precourt is a despicable snake. He did this right before the playoffs and while they are still actively negotiating because he's torpedoing the process. When he purchased the team he negotiated an out clause to move the team to Austin. He also reportedly owns the Austin propaganda MLS webpage. MLS also made trademark requests for an Austin franchise name, just in August.

Precourt was offered money to buy the team but he wouldn't sell, relocating the team costs him nothing, the expansion fee is $150 million.

Also before discussing how full the stadium is bear in mind Columbus is the smallest market but has no where close to the smallest stadium. For instance San Jose is more than 3 times bigger than Columbus but their stadium is 2000 seats smaller. Kansas City metro is more than 2 times bigger than Columbus but has a smaller stadium; Denver, DC, Dallas, Boston, Chicago, and Philadelphia are all stadiums either smaller or the same size as Mapfre with much much larger populations.

Don Garber is the biggest shithead in all of this, he shouldn't be allowing all of this to happen. He's screwing Columbus and frankly he's screwing the league by giving up the Austin market without getting that expansion fee.

He’s playing his cards to try to get the best possible deal he can. Doing this is better than announcing a move to Austin out of the blue isn’t it? Also when he bought the team he made the best offer to buy the franchise, and if the franchise is so important to the community why didn’t a local offer beat Precourt out?

Why should he sell if he doesn’t want to? Especially when he is about to increase the value of the franchise exponentially.

Their attendance has been on the steady decline for 5 plus years, as MLS is experiencing an attendance boom, even if you throw out the % to capacity number it is still in the bottom 4 attendance this year. The Columbus Franchise is one of the worst performing franchises financially

And Don Garber is looking out for the league. Moving from one of the worst markets, with one of the worst attendance in the worst SSS, to a larger market in a booming city is amazing for the league, and I KNOW you don’t believe that “screwing the league out of expansion fee” bull crap. That would be one thing if there was not enough viable cities battling for a franchise. MLS wouldn’t be seeing any less expansion revenue if they stay in Columbus or not.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10061 on: October 17, 2017, 08:47:50 PM »
Scott, no one is arguing that Precourt is doing what's best for him. Franchise owners would consistently act on their own behalf despite what's best for the league and the cities they are in, the commissioners of the other four leagues in this country understand this. Columbus needs a new stadium, Precourt should be.negotiating in good faith but he isn't doing that.

Letting him move this team to Austin is absolutely not in the best interest on the league, it's absurd to even suggest that. What's best for the league would be for an owner to pay the $150 million for that Austin market. If they truly believe it is a worthy market, I think everyone has doubts, they shouldn't have an issue securing that expansion fee. What's best for the league would be for them to help Columbus build a new stadium, if they can't do that, that team needs to be relocated to an already viable market like Cincinnati, Sacramento, or Chattanooga.

Also it looks like either Kansas City or Minnesota is moving east

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10062 on: October 17, 2017, 08:58:19 PM »
Why is it better for the league to get an expansion fee for Austin than the league getting a fee from Sacramento?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10063 on: October 17, 2017, 09:32:14 PM »
Why is it better for the league to get an expansion fee for Austin than the league getting a fee from Sacramento?

It isn't but if you're moving a franchise, Sacramento is a safer bet than moving to Austin. If you're relocating to make more money wouldn't you move to the best bet to make money?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10064 on: October 17, 2017, 09:36:03 PM »
It’s about improving over the status quo which I believe Austin is an improvement over Columbus. Sacramento and Nashville are probably going to be the next two expansion cities anyways. Austin would only be taking a franchise away from Columbus and whatever city number 32 eventually was going to be, if you don’t Austin was going to be a part of the final expansion when that day came.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10065 on: October 18, 2017, 03:20:25 PM »
I'm pretty sure this move is so that the Crew can upgrade future homegrown talent.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10066 on: October 22, 2017, 03:48:42 PM »
lfg

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10067 on: October 22, 2017, 04:03:29 PM »
Lol eff all sports

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10068 on: October 22, 2017, 04:10:00 PM »
so stupid

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10069 on: October 22, 2017, 04:24:25 PM »
360 double bird gif

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10070 on: October 22, 2017, 09:23:55 PM »
Lol eff all sports

Yes, absolutely this :flush:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10071 on: October 22, 2017, 09:46:53 PM »
So many thoughts, just watched the game on DVR then watched ESPN's whip around coverage. It is amazing how good ESPN is at soccer, especially MLS soccer. On that note it is hilarious how awful the production is for SKC broadcasts, they don't give a shot at all. LOL at the halftime interview where Jillian, she's much better by the way, asks Peter about Benny and they cut off his answer and acted like it didn't happen.

On the field:
Ike's goal not withstanding, he was bad today, certainly in the first half. Diego was terrible again.

We have no shot at beating Houston, none. They match can last three days and we won't score more than a goal.

This team needs a difference making striker like Kanye needs a shrink. I'm tempted to say the team needs to be blown up but they only have one issue, it's a huge one but just one nonetheless. Clearly a group of complementary forwards does not make up for not having a guy. Hopefully that tam & gam money gets spent well.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10072 on: October 23, 2017, 12:11:15 PM »
i think we beat Houston and make it at least to the Western Conference Finals, maybe even MLS Cup final. I actually think we are going to figure this out and go on a fun run.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10074 on: October 23, 2017, 07:18:38 PM »
:eek: