Author Topic: The Distance Running Thread  (Read 142480 times)

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
Re: The Distance Running Thread
« Reply #575 on: April 09, 2015, 09:27:23 AM »
i ran about a mile on tuesday down by the river and another half mile last night. wow, feels great guys.

It's crazy how much better you sleep after a good churn session, amirite?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 09, 2015, 09:28:55 AM »
i am running a lot more and it feels super good, you guys.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 09, 2015, 09:31:33 AM »

It's just bonkers how much better you sleep after you churn some out, right guy?
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 09, 2015, 09:48:45 AM »

It's just bonkers how much better you sleep after you churn some out, right guy?

yes, totally bonkers.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline CopperBowl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 09, 2015, 09:57:10 AM »
How many miles do you guys get out of your shoes before you have to replace them? I've been getting back into running the past 6 months or so. I got a new pair last November. I've put maybe 300-350 miles on them, and my legs are starting to hurt so I went ahead and ordered a new pair.

I'm sure it doesn't help that I started at about 210 and am still just a shade under 200, but the past few weeks I've gradually built up to 5-6 miles 3 or 4 nights per week. It shouldn't just be the distance because I've been gradually building to that point and my legs should be strong enough.

Depends on the shoe, the running, the weight . . .etc.  Generally, if you notice more joint pain, all else equal, consider changing.  My shoes generally get to 450 miles +/ 50.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: April 09, 2015, 10:32:45 AM »

yeah i am firing on all cylinders right now

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 09, 2015, 01:28:55 PM »
Hey gang, quick question: thoughts on getting better sleep after spending a little time in the churn zone?

Offline CopperBowl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 09, 2015, 02:22:58 PM »
Hey gang, quick question: thoughts on getting better sleep after spending a little time in the churn zone?

One word - bonkers

Offline BringBackEcoKat

• Fan
  • The Lady of Winters
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 09, 2015, 02:25:59 PM »
The only time that I run is when I'm running to the liquor store.. but that's a solid mile so it counts as long distance right?
'Cause Cats

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 09, 2015, 06:51:25 PM »
The only time that I run is when I'm running to the liquor store.. but that's a solid mile so it counts as long distance right?

If you sleep better afterwards then it does officially count as long distance, at least according to the bonkers churning rulebook.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: April 12, 2015, 10:25:04 PM »
Ran a 10K in Austin this morning after pak'n at a wedding the night before until about 2:30 am. Was LOL slow but who cares. That combined with my tiredness from the run means I'm about to get some crazy bonkers sleep right about now.

P.S. Update! Who's doin' this? I don't think I can make it. https://register.chronotrack.com/r/12305
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 08:13:17 AM by SkinnyBenny »

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 16, 2015, 08:14:30 AM »
Gearing up for my (and the mrs.) first official 10k in Wichita this Saturday. Great Plains 10k. It's gonna be bonkers.
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: April 16, 2015, 10:11:09 AM »
I still don't understand paying to run? Unless you're doing something with obstacles or its for a charity

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: April 16, 2015, 10:33:01 AM »
As far as I know most pay-for-runs have some sort of charity. Even if they don't, they're training motivation. Plus, they're fun!
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: April 16, 2015, 04:48:32 PM »
I still don't understand paying to run? Unless you're doing something with obstacles or its for a charity

Yeah, nearly everyone I've ever seen is. Also afterward, at least in Louisiana, you get to get pak'd for free.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile

Offline CopperBowl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: April 17, 2015, 08:45:50 PM »

P.S. Update! Who's doin' this? I don't think I can make it. https://register.chronotrack.com/r/12305

Inaugural LHC Bill Snyder Highway Half?

I'm in.

Offline Lynchmobrules

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 18, 2015, 07:33:17 AM »
Getting ready to go run a 5k right now. Hoping for a time around 27:00.
"Wednesday if they don't come in and compete, I am going to destroy them." - Frank Martin

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: April 18, 2015, 07:58:25 PM »
Can anybody recommend a good running shoe company in the KC area that does gait analysis? The closer to Legends the better but not a show stopper.  Thanks.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 18, 2015, 08:14:51 PM »
Anyone doing and Rock n Roll marathons/half marathons this year?  I'm going back to Vegas in November unless someone can recommend a better place for this race.

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: April 18, 2015, 08:59:06 PM »
Still in recovery mode from shoulder surgery last month. Really sucks to stand on the sidelines and watch the gf do all these 5k's and trail runs. Can't wait to be able to hit the trails again.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #596 on: April 19, 2015, 03:45:37 AM »
Anyone doing and Rock n Roll marathons/half marathons this year?  I'm going back to Vegas in November unless someone can recommend a better place for this race.
Far better than an RnR you'll find.

http://www.runthebluegrass.org/

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: April 19, 2015, 08:10:35 AM »
http://www.runthebluegrass.org/

Looks like a good one. I'd be hating the last three miles.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: April 19, 2015, 09:53:12 AM »
Thanks.  I will consider this one. I'm not competitive when I run any more, but enjoy one or two races a year for the fun of it.

The Big Train

« Reply #599 on: April 19, 2015, 09:16:54 PM »
i applaud you guys that do races, TBT did enough running for a lifetime during my playing career