Author Topic: The Distance Running Thread  (Read 141419 times)

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
Re: The Distance Running Thread
« Reply #550 on: March 08, 2015, 08:40:52 PM »
Anybody doing the Big 12 5k/12k?

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 08, 2015, 09:11:22 PM »
Starting to move a little faster. Fartleking.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #552 on: March 09, 2015, 05:25:26 AM »
Calf is healed. Back on marathon plan. Hope I haven't lost too much fitness. Six weeks until marathon.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 09, 2015, 07:53:38 AM »
Calf is healed. Back on marathon plan. Hope I haven't lost too much fitness. Six weeks until marathon.

What's your goal? Because you should try to make it 30 minutes slower than your last time. That's a fun realization.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 09, 2015, 10:12:36 AM »

@sabination, @mocat and i are.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline CatsNShocks

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: March 09, 2015, 02:17:08 PM »

When/where?
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

Offline Phil Titola

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • He took it out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: March 09, 2015, 04:05:56 PM »

When/where?

Saturday...kc...part of the big 12 tournament festivities

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #557 on: March 09, 2015, 05:58:09 PM »

What's your goal? Because you should try to make it 30 minutes slower than your last time. That's a fun realization.
Lol. No thanks. I'm going for a 4:15. Probably fall to a 4:30-4:35 because of injury. Will still be a personal best.

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: March 09, 2015, 07:05:53 PM »
Guys,  I think I have something called metatarsalgia in my right foot. Have been hitting the treadmill hard lately since the roads are iced over and walking after the run hurts like a bitch. Anybody had anything like this before?

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: March 09, 2015, 07:21:40 PM »
Sounds like what I have, never checked it out though.
:adios:

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 14, 2015, 09:46:42 AM »
Not even wearing a bib number for this run
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 15, 2015, 07:47:15 AM »
Not even wearing a bib number for this run

Canadian friend of mine also is not wearing a bib today for this 8K St. Patty's day thingy bcuz he didn't exactly "register". But he will try to run real fast anyway.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 15, 2015, 11:53:19 AM »
Met a ISU fan at the rest stop Friday night. Told them they would beat the Hawks. He was heading the Manhattan for a long distance run.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 15, 2015, 10:14:04 PM »
Met a ISU fan at the rest stop Friday night. Told them they would beat the Hawks. He was heading the Manhattan for a long distance run.

I saw an ISU guy at the race today and told him 'grats.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 15, 2015, 10:19:02 PM »

Probably same guy?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: March 15, 2015, 10:19:18 PM »

Probably same guy?
:D

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 22, 2015, 11:20:54 AM »
16 miles. Hurting. This is all so stupid.

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 23, 2015, 12:59:38 PM »
Are people unaware that running for over ~45 minutes at a time is bad for them or do they simply not care? If they're aware, what leads to their continuing? Pride? Stickers?

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 23, 2015, 02:39:19 PM »
Are people unaware that running for over ~45 minutes at a time is bad for them or do they simply not care? If they're aware, what leads to their continuing? Pride? Stickers?
It sucks that everyone is so dumb and you're so smart, huh PW?

Offline Mrs. Gooch

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 23, 2015, 02:45:09 PM »

Just to make sure I don't accidentally run more than 45 minutes, I don't run at all.

Offline Missouriscribe

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: April 08, 2015, 10:52:07 PM »
Any other distance cats running Rock the Parkway Saturday?  I am using someone else's bib. Haven't run 10 miles in six months. This could be interesting.

Offline CopperBowl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 09, 2015, 08:24:10 AM »
Any other distance cats running Rock the Parkway Saturday?  I am using someone else's bib. Haven't run 10 miles in six months. This could be interesting.

Side note: You know what's enjoyable after running 10 miles?  Drinking, like, 3 beers.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 09, 2015, 09:02:12 AM »

Side note: You know what's enjoyable after running 10 miles?  Drinking, like, 3 beers.

It's bonkers. Never knew that would be one of the perks. After my first race like a year and a half ago there were all these free beer tents and after I stopped being a panting cat I was like, "maybe I'll try this. Seems ill-advised." And then I took down 4 before getting a ride home to watch the KSU Wild Wild Cats take on the Texas Tech Red Red Raiders for an 11 am kickoff. Went to the store nearby and got a sixer and pounded it during the first half. Got pak'd by like 11:30 am to reward myself for running a few miles to lose weight. Whoops.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 09, 2015, 09:04:58 AM »
i ran about a mile on tuesday down by the river and another half mile last night. wow, feels great guys.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 09, 2015, 09:08:29 AM »
How many miles do you guys get out of your shoes before you have to replace them? I've been getting back into running the past 6 months or so. I got a new pair last November. I've put maybe 300-350 miles on them, and my legs are starting to hurt so I went ahead and ordered a new pair.

I'm sure it doesn't help that I started at about 210 and am still just a shade under 200, but the past few weeks I've gradually built up to 5-6 miles 3 or 4 nights per week. It shouldn't just be the distance because I've been gradually building to that point and my legs should be strong enough.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.