Author Topic: Old Asprilla article from Colombia  (Read 2074 times)

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
Old Asprilla article from Colombia
« on: March 29, 2010, 05:08:13 PM »
Ran a search in the main Colombian paper just out of curiosity. Too lazy to translate it, so I just ran it through google translator:

Freddy Asprilla metense The athlete is headed to NBA basketball U.S.

Asprilla will travel in coming days to the U.S. to resume his studies in psychology and training with his team at the University of Miami for the 2009-2010 season.

Although Freddy Asprilla Alberto Blanco saw it as something unattainable, while playing in the Industrial School's team in Villavicencio, Meta selections and even the minor categories of Colombia, is now much closer. For the frustrated footballer all began nearly four years ago when he accepted the offer of a 'scout' to go to Miami (United States) and enroll in college basketball, after drawing attention for his play in a South American junior in Argentina. After completing high school, started a year ago at Miami University studying psychology and the pair began to walk the tournament competed college (NCAA), which in its first season was highlighted as the best rookie (among 32) between the 15 teams in its conference, being the fourth best rebounder and scorer. Freddy Alberto said basketball passes through the 'gringo' was helpful in every way, while acknowledging that it was not easy, because from the college level is very high. For this 'giant' villavicense 21, 2.07 meters tall and 135 kilos, the most difficult to assimilate was to live up to the physical demands of American basketball. "Beyond the physical part is important and I have worked hard to meet," he says. It is described as a good rebounder, a collective player who gives everything for the team in the play, and knows that the chance to play in the NBA depends largely on their work. "My dream is to play in the NBA, because even as I was invited to the annual testing in Chicago, but an injury prevented me. Today, they have been in the NBA tell me that I get because my condition but I have to work very hard, "Asprilla said White. That dream is increasingly strengthened thanks to regularly attend practices and games for the Miami Heat in the NBA tournament, and because it has constant contact with people involved in the American professional basketball, so that environment is getting closer and permanent mirror. A few days after returning to Miami and after contributing to the recent historic title in the Target National U23 basketball, Freddy and his family enjoy their last holiday days enjoying the dishes of Colombian cuisine and does what he likes : playing basketball, because as he himself says, "so be on vacation, if I go two days without playing I feel bad".

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Old Asprilla article from Colombia
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 07:15:38 PM »
Asprilla's hobby: helpin' white dudes dunk.

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 07:22:52 PM »
Who's wife was a Spanish major?  _fan?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 07:25:27 PM »

What a wonderful human being.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 07:27:30 PM »

He's gained a lot of weight.   :frown:
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 07:31:01 PM »

He's just bulking up.

Can you imagine the fun we'll have watching him hoist young Will Spradling into the air to let him dunk?  Christ, it's going to be like a two-year "buddy film."  Freddy and Will...Kibbles and Bits.

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 07:33:09 PM »

He's just bulking up.

Can you imagine the fun we'll have watching him hoist young Will Spradling into the air to let him dunk?  Christ, it's going to be like a two-year "buddy film."  Freddy and Will...Kibbles and Bits.

Gold.  What would the call be if Freddy did that with Will in a game?
“They said something along the lines of ‘it kind of sounds like you’d be interested in it.’ And I said ‘hell yeah I am. Why not?’” -Doug Gottlieb

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 07:36:01 PM »
I think Asprilla will help out our front court a lot next season. He will be a huge step up from Colon.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 07:36:22 PM »

He's just bulking up.

Gold.  What would the call be if Freddy did that with Will in a game?

It's called a "Master Blaster."  Freddy is the big guy with developmental issues, and Will is the brilliant, but angry midget ruler of Bartertown.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 09:11:20 PM »
Who's wife was a Spanish major?  _fan?

Working on a masters in spanish.  She said he didn't say much; excited to come to the US, more opportunities here, not dogging on Colombia* but he can just achieve more here.

*He also said he expects to see a Colombian flag in Section 17.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 09:27:46 PM »

He's just bulking up.

pffft

Offline PoetWarrior

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 09:32:35 PM »
Freddy has to weigh 350+.

Will not play at all next year...

P.S.
Has Martin not been watching West Virginia...How does Freddy fit in? Don't understand.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 09:34:57 PM by PoetWarrior »

Offline doom

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2010, 09:35:15 PM »
Who's wife was a Spanish major?  _fan?

Working on a masters in spanish.  She said he didn't say much; excited to come to the US, more opportunities here, not dogging on Colombia* but he can just achieve more here.

*He also said he expects to see a Colombian flag in Section 17.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2010, 09:35:30 PM »
actually would not be shocked if the dunker tries to walk on