Author Topic: Aldrich a lottery pick?  (Read 1651 times)

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Aldrich a lottery pick?
« on: March 29, 2010, 02:24:49 PM »
Andy Katz accidently predicts Cole's future value in the league:

Aldrich, a projected lottery pick, averaged 11.3 points and 9.8 rebounds per season in three years at Kansas.

:lol:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
Re: Aldrich a lottery pick?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 02:28:06 PM »
He's a lottery pick.  Would have been a high lottery pick had he gone last year (got KU'd)

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 02:32:45 PM »
He's a lottery pick.  Would have been a high lottery pick had he gone last year (got KU'd)
:users:

Offline get_HIT

• Combo-Fan
  • "I just love the Jayhawk...It should be killed."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 03:39:56 PM »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: are you kidding?  i'll admit, the kid can block shots and reboud, but the poor ba$tards that draft him in the lottery better do some homework and look otherwise at players w/ more of an upside.  The kid has maybe already peaked.  Me=damn glad he's gone though. 
"He was in the group of about four or five troll K-State fans who were celebrating like they had just won a national title." -BMW on get_HIT

Offline KSU-Krazie

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 08:06:53 AM »

I think he needs a lot of work before he is a true NBA talent. Blocking shots in the NBA against people older and more athleticthnqn you is a lot harder than blocking some kids shot right out of high school. I'm guessing he gets bullied around by the big guys in the NBA for his first 2-3 seasons. I wouldn't want to draft him in the first round.

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 08:19:05 AM »
could all posters in this thread (sans Steve Dave) please report to ksufans.com for remedial education courses. thank you.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 08:31:09 AM »
this thread = quality.

what part of this http://www.nbadraft.net/  can't you dumbasses understand?

:flush:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Lamesauce

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 10:46:12 AM »
Aldrich seems to get the benefit of a lot of calls in college. He's alot bigger than people he's playing against, so the refs just assume he has a lot of clean blocks, even when there's contact. In the league, the stars are going to get those calls every time. Aldrich won't be nearly as effective as a shot blocker in the league, because he won't get the benefit of all the non-calls he got in college. His offensive game is actually horrendous. He can catch and dunk, that's about it. Decent free throw shooter too. Cannot score outside of 5 feet consistently. No way he's worth a lottery pick. Sad to see him drop so far in his time at KU.

Offline HugeUpside

• Combo-Fan
  • 100% natural
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 10:52:04 AM »
Aldrich seems to get the benefit of a lot of calls in college. He's alot bigger than people he's playing against, so the refs just assume he has a lot of clean blocks, even when there's contact. In the league, the stars are going to get those calls every time. Aldrich won't be nearly as effective as a shot blocker in the league, because he won't get the benefit of all the non-calls he got in college. His offensive game is actually horrendous. He can catch and dunk, that's about it. Decent free throw shooter too. Cannot score outside of 5 feet consistently. No way he's worth a lottery pick. Sad to see him drop so far in his time at KU.

:facepalm: :confused:  :facepalm:
Avoid Dlew12, TylerHughes and Ging anytime bananas are within arms reach.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 10:52:31 AM »
this thread = quality.

what part of this http://www.nbadraft.net/  can't you dumbasses understand?

:flush:

Why do they have Clemente in the 2011 mock draft.   :confused:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2010, 10:58:02 AM »
the PORTSMOUTH effect

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Sugar Dick

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 11:15:35 AM »
The only thing the dude does well is knock the sh*t out of opposing players w/o drawing fouls.  He's a total project in the NBA.

He's also a 7 footer that moves well, passes fairly well, and has the athletism to catch tough passes in the post.  I can't think of any comparisons to current players, but somebody should make some.

Personally, his game makes me want to vomit.  Looks like the 8th grader that grew faster than everyone else.