Author Topic: Are college games in NBA stadiums (sprint center included) a boom or bust?  (Read 483 times)

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
The Auburn/Illinois "tilt" was really amazing for its fan attendance and it got me thinking about how these games are structured. 

What organizations are bringing these games into these arenas?

Are they deals between the ADs and they find a venue or are sports management companies working between universities and venues to bring games in?  Are these events guaranteed money for the university, venues, or firms? ie: are K-State/Zags guaranteed x amount of dollars by the IBA or do schools just get a straight cut of tickets, concessions, merch?

Do schools have to pay into these or guarantee ticket sales the same way we see with some bowl games?  I'm wondering if these games could go the way of the 2010 UConn BCS bowl where their share of money was eaten into by ticket shortfalls. http://www.businessinsider.com/uconns-bcs-bowl-bound-football-team-will-cost-connecticut-taxpayers-millions-2010-12

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting