Author Topic: In Memoriam: Timhawk  (Read 20638 times)

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
Re: In Memoriam: Timhawk
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2023, 02:07:56 PM »
Don't think so, pretty sure he bought Beatys

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 19, 2023, 02:10:37 PM »

I knew he lived in that neighborhood at one time. I read on the Phog that he was building new in a completely different part of town. Suppose I could check the property records, but too lazy.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2023, 02:27:51 PM »

I overcame my laziness, and it appears you're correct, assuming Raynee Beaty is David Beaty's wife.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2023, 02:34:54 PM »
lmao

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2023, 02:46:54 PM »
Not hating, just assumed it would be MUCH more stately and private. Also find it funny that previous owners save their retail packaging from LV.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2023, 02:49:34 PM »
I always assumed he lived in one of the houses over by the new FB coach and Doug Compton. 

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 19, 2023, 02:54:26 PM »
Not hating, just assumed it would be MUCH more stately and private. Also find it funny that previous owners save their retail packaging from LV.

Billy E. Self Jr. is a modest man. And yes, I learned today that his legal first name is apparently "Billy."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 19, 2023, 02:59:52 PM »

I assumed that was all just really shitty staging?

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 19, 2023, 03:13:56 PM »

I assumed that was all just really shitty staging?
Possible. Kind of weird to keep old balenciaga, chanel, and louis vuitton bags with brand new retail packaging just for staging. If so, wooooof. I thought it looked like new money that grew up watching the kardashians. Either way, they appear to have much more money than I do.

Also weird to have a bunch of shirts on hangers with rolled up sleeves. Do you all re-wear shirts, or launder them with rolled up sleeves? I guess I'm the weirdo.

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 19, 2023, 03:14:36 PM »
Timhawk update

ljmhawk
Posted on Sep 14th, 5:52 PM, , User Since 128 months ago, User Post Count: 17691
Sep 14th, 5:52 PM
128 months
we started work today at Bill Self’s new house, adding on to his existing composite deck and then will be adding a metal pergola to cover the deck. he stopped by in the morning and let me tell you…he is one cool mother f’er

cindy stopped by later in the afternoon to move some stuff over and she came out and she was real nice and friendly as well. anyway…just wanted to let everyone know i got to chat with Bill Self for a bit today…he would be so fun to sit down and have a drink with.

oh i forgot to add…the sales guy who met with Self last month graduated from kstate…so i told Self today “when they told us we were putting in a bid for Bill Self, i told them not to send the guy who graduated from kstate.” he laughed and said “well, he couldn’t get in to KU.” we all laughed and he that little smirk on his face.
Isn't this a HIPPA violation?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 19, 2023, 03:18:39 PM »
Self's old house was an any McMansion Burb anywhere white flight U.S.A. design.

Boring . . .

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 19, 2023, 03:30:54 PM »
For many people, the value of their home is 2-3 times their annual salary. Based on that logic, Billy Self should be living in a $10-15 million palace - not some $1.5 million shanty.

This raises the question - if he's not spending his $$$ on housing, what IS he spending his $$$ on?

Hmm...

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 19, 2023, 03:33:45 PM »
Just wondering why he's moving.  Did he get the big D and his ex has the old one?
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 19, 2023, 03:39:57 PM »
That's way shittier than I assumed

Yeah, that place is a real piece of crap, lol.

yla, I think that's his old place?

I mean, I have multiple friends with better places.  I would take it but its very meh for a guy with his contract

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 19, 2023, 04:01:32 PM »
I respect the hell out of a guy who doesn’t try to buy more house than he needs. I’d rather have a bunch of $500k to $1 million homes at 5 different neat locations than one $2.5 to $5 million home in Lawrence.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: September 19, 2023, 04:03:41 PM »
I respect the hell out of a guy who doesn’t try to buy more house than he needs. I’d rather have a bunch of $500k to $1 million homes at 5 different neat locations than one $2.5 to $5 million home in Lawrence.

very true

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 19, 2023, 04:08:26 PM »

This is a very fair point. 

But from a design perspective.  That's upper upper middle class cookie cutter.   

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 19, 2023, 04:14:24 PM »
Bill is obviously FIRE'ing. 

Gotta be close to the RE part.

Offline OB_Won

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 19, 2023, 05:04:16 PM »
Understandable, but his retention bonus alone is $2.5M per year, and he made $10M last year. He's been coaching at KU for 20 years. His annual salary alone is >$5M per year, not including bonuses, appearances, and endorsements. There's nothing wrong with being conservative. I'm conservative too. I'm just shocked he's that conservative. He only has one child, who's grown. And grew up in Oklahoma. Not like he's saving to support 5 kids in LA. I'm surprised he doesn't have multiple homes AND a $5M home in Lawrence.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 19, 2023, 06:34:43 PM »
Understandable, but his retention bonus alone is $2.5M per year, and he made $10M last year. He's been coaching at KU for 20 years. His annual salary alone is >$5M per year, not including bonuses, appearances, and endorsements. There's nothing wrong with being conservative. I'm conservative too. I'm just shocked he's that conservative. He only has one child, who's grown. And grew up in Oklahoma. Not like he's saving to support 5 kids in LA. I'm surprised he doesn't have multiple homes AND a $5M home in Lawrence.

How do we know he doesn't? Anyway, it's a perfectly fine property for empty nesters. 5,000+ sq. ft. for empty nesters is plenty. It's an exclusive neighborhood. And he's a workaholic who's likely not home very often. As cat said, nothing wrong with living below your means.

Also, lol at Beaty's rolled-up sleeves in the closet. I can't imagine that's staging.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 19, 2023, 06:45:09 PM »
there probably just isn't nice properties in lawrence
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 19, 2023, 06:56:13 PM »
Yeah the size isn't what makes it shitty lol

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: September 19, 2023, 07:04:53 PM »

How do we know he doesn't? Anyway, it's a perfectly fine property for empty nesters. 5,000+ sq. ft. for empty nesters is plenty. It's an exclusive neighborhood. And he's a workaholic who's likely not home very often. As cat said, nothing wrong with living below your means.

Also, lol at Beaty's rolled-up sleeves in the closet. I can't imagine that's staging.

Is that little hide away in downtown L still in play?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 19, 2023, 07:06:50 PM »

What exactly makes it shitty? It seems like a perfectly fine home to me.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2023, 07:30:58 PM »

What exactly makes it shitty? It seems like a perfectly fine home to me.

Nothing if you're into the west Olathe vibe
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite