Author Topic: Shockers  (Read 92547 times)

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Shockers
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2014, 11:59:21 AM »
I think WSU would collapse from the pressure of playing against KU. Thankfully, I think WSU is going to get a 1 seed and not have to worry about playing the Hawks. It's much more likely that they face us in the tournament.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2014, 12:06:47 PM »
I think WSU would collapse from the pressure of playing against KU. Thankfully, I think WSU is going to get a 1 seed and not have to worry about playing the Hawks. It's much more likely that they face us in the tournament.

Would be great for them to be undefeated and a 1 then we beat them in the second round

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2014, 12:08:09 PM »

I disagree with the bolded statement wholeheartedly... This is almost the EXACT same team that played their way to the Final Four last year and damn near made it to the champy game.  They've played far bigger games against much better teams, albeit last spring.

Sure, they'd fold in the piss barn with Higgins making phantom calls. However, in a neutral venue with fair refereeing, Shox would win going away.

bears are fast...

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2014, 12:14:05 PM »

I disagree with the bolded statement wholeheartedly... This is almost the EXACT same team that played their way to the Final Four last year and damn near made it to the champy game.  They've played far bigger games against much better teams, albeit last spring.

Sure, they'd fold in the piss barn with Higgins making phantom calls. However, in a neutral venue with fair refereeing, Shox would win going away.

This is pretty asinine.  It would also be pretty asinine to argue the inverse - that KU would win going away.  Two really good teams. 

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2014, 12:14:37 PM »
KU beats WSU 98 times out of 100

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2014, 12:57:24 PM »
Somebody wake me up when WSU actually plays someone with a pulse.

:zzz:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 10:51:30 PM by PowercatPat »

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2014, 01:33:38 PM »

KU struggled early, but they are still really good, and WSU would put a whole lot of pressure on themselves by making the game bigger than it is. I think they would have a better shot at beating any other team in America than they would KU.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2014, 01:35:38 PM »

This is pretty asinine.  It would also be pretty asinine to argue the inverse - that KU would win going away.  Two really good teams.

Although I generally discredit your totally biased opinion, youthful inexperience is more likely to fold in pressure than seasoned upperclassmen.   I do agree, however, that it's far less likely that ku would win going away.

bears are fast...

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2014, 01:37:55 PM »
WSU would put a whole lot of pressure on themselves by making the game bigger than it is. I think they would have a better shot at beating any other team in America than they would KU.

They would do the exact same thing we do every game vs them except they would have an even worse case of small dick syndrome.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2014, 01:41:10 PM »
WSU would put a whole lot of pressure on themselves by making the game bigger than it is. I think they would have a better shot at beating any other team in America than they would KU.

They would do the exact same thing we do every game vs them except they would have an even worse case of small dick syndrome.

Interesting if true. I dont see that due to how they composed themselves in the tournament last year
@Trogdor_gE

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2014, 01:43:10 PM »

Interesting if true. I dont see that due to how they composed themselves in the tournament last year

We made an elite 8 run after losing to KU 3 times.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2014, 02:36:45 PM »
oscar just needs to schedule a game in KC every year.

:ROFL: remember when shitty KCers wouldn't by tickets during the OOD era? Because non KCers do.

Ok just seeing this like 2 weeks later, but I think we filled up the arena pretty well. Southern Miss vs KSU wasn't going to draw 18k anywhere.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2014, 02:47:35 PM »

:ROFL: remember when shitty KCers wouldn't by tickets during the OOD era? Because non KCers do.

Ok just seeing this like 2 weeks later, but I think we filled up the arena pretty well. Southern Miss vs KSU wasn't going to draw 18k anywhere.
Yeah, wtf?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2014, 08:11:13 PM »
How many balls in 3 way bball?

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2014, 08:41:58 PM »
Wichita State is really good you retards.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2014, 12:52:04 AM »

Yeah, wtf?

Isn't there like 3 million people in the KC area? Those upper deck tickets were $20 & and under. Also don't act like that was the only game that did poorly because it wasn't. KC has been better the last couple of games but lol at scheduling a game every year.

Offline everyone shut up

• Katpak'r
  • “On paper, we feel good.”
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2014, 08:24:29 AM »
This has been showing up in my news feed. Their fans annoy me.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2014, 08:52:39 AM »
Wichita State is really good you retards.

yeah, they are.  would easily be a top half Big XII team. 

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2014, 09:01:11 AM »
How many balls in 3 way bball?

I would say 2...and make it like old timey womens bball where only a certain number of players can cross the half(tri?) court line at a time.

Would look something like this....The O is the 3 hoops

O
                                l
                                l
                           _______   
                         /             \
                         \ --------- /
                          \______/
                                 l
                                 l
          O                     l                 O

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2014, 09:03:59 AM »
if WSU goes undefeated on the season what seed are they in the tournement? like a 4?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2014, 09:12:18 AM »
if WSU goes undefeated on the season what seed are they in the tournement? like a 4?

I would guess a #2, much to the chagrin of Gregggg Marshall and Shocker fans everywhere (Sedgwick County).

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2014, 09:39:09 AM »

If they go undefeated they'll be a 1, if they lose a game or two they'll be a 2.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2014, 09:44:10 AM »
I didn't even know they were undefeated until I read this thread. I doubt anyone on the "committee" knows anything about them either. 4 seems like the ceiling to me. I don't know.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2014, 01:06:25 PM »
I didn't even know they were undefeated until I read this thread. I doubt anyone on the "committee" knows anything about them either. 4 seems like the ceiling to me. I don't know.

The only thing we can all agree on is that WSU would likely be about .500 in conference play in any League but the SEC.