Author Topic: Who's had a better first three games than Foster?  (Read 4284 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Who's had a better first three games than Foster?
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2013, 08:52:44 AM »
_FAN can we get some basic stats of FR around the country in comparo with Foster?

I don't care what the stats or the fans with black clouds around their heads think...I have a feeling Foster will be very special if we can keep him.

I'm going to wait until the sample size is a bit bigger. Right now he's only behind Wiggins in points per 40 for Big 12 freshmen.

I agree, I think he can be a really good player.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2013, 12:23:55 PM »
_FAN can we get some basic stats of FR around the country in comparo with Foster?

I don't care what the stats or the fans with black clouds around their heads think...I have a feeling Foster will be very special if we can keep him.

I'm going to wait until the sample size is a bit bigger. Right now he's only behind Wiggins in points per 40 for Big 12 freshmen.

I agree, I think he can be a really good player.

Is points per 40 a meaningful stat for players that start and play majority of the minutes?  I mean if Wiggins can't either get in shape or stop fouling it shouldn't reflect poorly on our guy.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2013, 12:48:26 PM »
Is points per 40 a meaningful stat for players that start and play majority of the minutes?  I mean if Wiggins can't either get in shape or stop fouling it shouldn't reflect poorly on our guy.

Points per 40 (or 100) is a great stat for measuring how well a player scores. If you play a lot of minutes, that means you need to score a lot more points to maintain a high number with this stat. As you can see from looking at previous seasons, anytime a player can score over 30 pts per 100 possessions they are really good and are likely an all league 1st or 2nd team caliber player.

The biggest critique of the numbers right now is that they are no way indicative of what this season may bring because the sample size is so small, but it is still fun to look at.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2013, 01:10:42 PM »
iirc, luis colon had 20/10 in each of his first 67 games.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2013, 01:14:06 PM »
also wiggins has played duke and we have played garbage. you know, so there is that.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2013, 01:16:25 PM »
also wiggins has played duke and we have played garbage. you know, so there is that.
Wiggins has also played like crap against crap, so there's also that.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2013, 01:48:11 PM »

Foster had 8 points on 3-12 shooting (0-6 3PT) in the N. Colorado loss. So there's still that.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2013, 02:22:54 PM »

Foster had 8 points on 3-12 shooting (0-6 3PT) in the N. Colorado loss. So there's still that.
Wiggins couldn't find his dick in his pants vs a bunch of D2 schools from Kansas, so there's that.

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2013, 04:10:29 PM »

Wiggins couldn't find his dick in his pants vs a bunch of D2 schools from Kansas, so there's that.

it'd be strange if he was looking for his dick during a basketball game, to be honest.