Author Topic: I Miss The OOD  (Read 10237 times)

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: I Miss The OOD
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2013, 12:26:33 PM »
No, it's just laughable to read the implication(s) that the fOOD fell off a cliff when Frank finally hit the eject button.

that implication is in your head you sad, sad person.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2013, 12:38:04 PM »
No really.   The Frankite Butthurt Express is nuclear powered and won't need a refueling for awhile.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2013, 01:02:24 PM »
No really.   The Frankite Butthurt Express is nuclear powered and won't need a refueling for awhile.

Show me where Frank touched you

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2013, 01:17:55 PM »
Dax is right, basketball fan support and Bram atmosphere is just as high as when Frank was here. 

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2013, 01:29:18 PM »
Dax is right, basketball fan support and Bram atmosphere is just as high as when Frank was here. 

its not but some of those non-con games in with Frank were pretty bad.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2013, 01:32:35 PM »
I've saved a lot of money in gas since the Weber hire. So there's that I guess.  :Woot:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2013, 01:35:06 PM »
I've saved a lot of money in gas since the Weber hire. So there's that I guess.  :Woot:

will you even go to a game this year if your car doesn't break down for a week and a half?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2013, 01:58:26 PM »
It's the butthurt that keeps you away. 

Nothing says I care more about the coach than the program like worshiping a guy who went 4-4 (11-10 overall from January to March) at home in conference play his last season, and you still thought it was great just because he was standing on the sidelines, "hey man, we lost, but it was still great because Frank was there and he was all mad and was wearing his KstateO cowboy boots."

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2013, 02:03:02 PM »

Nothing says I care more about the coach than the program like worshiping a guy who went 4-4 (11-10 overall from January to March) at home in conference play his last season, and you still thought it was great just because he was standing on the sidelines, "hey man, we lost, but it was still great because Frank was there and he was all mad and was wearing his KstateO cowboy boots."

Your fallacy is assuming oscar hate can't exist independently of Frank worship.

It's sad how you fail to grasp this very simple concept. So sad. Really sad!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2013, 02:03:24 PM »

will you even go to a game this year if your car doesn't break down for a week and a half?
Probably not. Do they play in KC this year? Oh, they don't?! Yeah, then no.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2013, 02:05:43 PM »

LOL, you hate oscar because he's not Frank.   No amount of "well they could have hired _____" is going to change that.   The vast majority of fap festing regarding coaches around here, is done over coaches who will never take a single breath sitting on the K-State bench and will never want to.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2013, 02:07:39 PM »

You can pretend like charisma and style of play don't matter at all in college basketball, but it's rough ridin' stupid to think that. Frank said awesome things, he recruited players who said awesome things, and they all had the swag that made you feel like the Cats were going to win every goddam game they played in (even thought that obviously didn't happen). Frank's teams played with an intensity on defense that MADE you love the team, they left it all out on the court about 95% of the time. oscar can't replicate the aspects of Frank and his teams that made us fall in love with the basketcats all over again, so people are obviously going to feel a little withdrawn from the program. Has nothing to do with butthurt.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline kougar24

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2013, 02:07:49 PM »
LOL, you hate oscar because he's not Frank.

Until you understand that that is simply incorrect, you'll never stop failing. Which is so very, very...sad.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2013, 02:12:46 PM »
LOL, you hate oscar because he's not Frank.

Until you understand that that is simply incorrect, you'll never stop failing. Which is so very, very...sad.

Manufactured beliefs are the most unhealthy beliefs Kougs. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2013, 02:22:20 PM »

You can pretend like charisma and style of play don't matter at all in college basketball, but it's rough ridin' stupid to think that. Frank said awesome things, he recruited players who said awesome things, and they all had the swag that made you feel like the Cats were going to win every goddam game they played in (even thought that obviously didn't happen). Frank's teams played with an intensity on defense that MADE you love the team, they left it all out on the court about 95% of the time. oscar can't replicate the aspects of Frank and his teams that made us fall in love with the basketcats all over again, so people are obviously going to feel a little withdrawn from the program. Has nothing to do with butthurt.

There's been a lot of very charismatic yet generally mediocre to slightly above mediocre coaches in the history of college basketball, and IMO Frank will go down as one of them.   One could easily argue that the trendline of K-State basketball when Frank got the job, and when Frank left the job were headed in opposite directions.   Which is the reason he needed to conjure up the rift with Currie.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2013, 02:23:15 PM »
The atmosphere will probably never be quite the same as it was under Frank. Frank's persona become the program and it carried over to the fans. It was fun to be a part of.

However.

The atmosphere will be much more dependent on winning and losing and fans showing up than it will whoever the coach is. It was still very good last year when people showed up because they were cheering on a conference title contender. Right now its not very good, but if this team wins/competes, there will still be 10K+ fans showing up once games get better and the crowd will be fine. I'm sure the crowd will be really good against Ole Miss.

If the team doesn't win, the crowd won't be good, and the coach will eventually be gone.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2013, 02:25:07 PM »
Can I clear things up? I only started this thread because I've been to all the home games last year and this year and outside of the KU and OK State game last year, Bramlage has been a very boring place to attend games. The crowd isn't into the games and it is boring; I simply want more fans at the games, which makes it more fun. I'm to the point that I don't care what that takes as long as football doesn't suck.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2013, 02:26:55 PM »

There's been a lot of very charismatic yet generally mediocre to slightly above mediocre coaches in the history of college basketball, and IMO Frank will go down as one of them.   One could easily argue that the trendline of K-State basketball when Frank got the job, and when Frank left the job were headed in opposite directions.   Which is the reason he needed to conjure up the rift with Currie.

I hope you realize how stupid it is to think that a high-major basketball coach would pick a fight with his AD, because he was afraid that he was going to fail at his current school, and the solution to that was somehow parlaying that into a much worse coaching gig. You really do live on another planet. Dax.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2013, 02:27:00 PM »

LOL, you hate oscar because he's not Frank.   No amount of "well they could have hired _____" is going to change that.   The vast majority of fap festing regarding coaches around here, is done over coaches who will never take a single breath sitting on the K-State bench and will never want to.

Most of it is done over Doug Gottlieb, who has already said that he wants this job because it is one of the best jobs in America.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2013, 02:27:31 PM »
Can I clear things up? I only started this thread because I've been to all the home games last year and this year and outside of the KU and OK State game last year, Bramlage has been a very boring place to attend games. The crowd isn't into the games and it is boring; I simply want more fans at the games, which makes it more fun. I'm to the point that I don't care what that takes as long as football doesn't suck.

Baylor Iowa State and TCU were fun last year.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2013, 02:29:16 PM »

I hope you realize how stupid it is to think that a high-major basketball coach would pick a fight with his AD, because he was afraid that he was going to fail at his current school, and the solution to that was somehow parlaying that into a much worse coaching gig. You really do live on another planet. Dax.

This is nothing compared to what he thinks the government did on Sept. 11.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2013, 02:32:44 PM »

Obvious frank worshipper, get some cream for that butthurt, Lucas.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2013, 02:32:59 PM »
Take that crap to the birther pit.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2013, 02:34:49 PM »

In terms of money it's not really a much worse coaching gig, in addition,  it puts Frank in a new recruiting region and he needed that badly.   I know enough to know that Frank was being a butthead, it wasn't one sided in any way.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2013, 02:35:43 PM »

Baylor Iowa State and TCU were fun last year.
I think it's just the fact that it pisses me off when I see a crap ton of empty seats. Think how bad it's going to be this year when we play 3 conference games during Christmas break.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!