Author Topic: Marcus Foster  (Read 263633 times)

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Marcus Foster
« Reply #1200 on: March 01, 2015, 06:52:04 PM »
If it's just a coincidence, it's a pretty interesting one.
Is it?
Yep.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: March 01, 2015, 06:52:28 PM »
This does seem like what chum1 was mocking posters on this board for doing just recently.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: March 01, 2015, 06:57:53 PM »
and yeah, he also doesn't have great endurance.  another reason the above wouldn't help.

Does anyone on this team have great endurance? I'm not sure how to evaluate strength and conditioning outside of subjective visual judgements, but it feels like the team, as a whole, lacks conditioning.

they're ridiculously soft.

Yeah, Nigel puking and cramping during a game in February is a sign that it's time for a new strength coach.

Injury prevention is the issue not conditioning. 

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: March 01, 2015, 07:17:53 PM »
This does seem like what chum1 was mocking posters on this board for doing just recently.

Yeah, similar. I'm still advocating against overzealous predicting and not doing any predicting myself.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: March 01, 2015, 11:44:03 PM »
and yeah, he also doesn't have great endurance.  another reason the above wouldn't help.

Does anyone on this team have great endurance? I'm not sure how to evaluate strength and conditioning outside of subjective visual judgements, but it feels like the team, as a whole, lacks conditioning.

Yeah, Nigel puking and cramping during a game in February is a sign that it's time for a new strength coach.

What? You seem like you watch a lot of basketball but you say the most inane crap. That sentence you typed is rough ridin' absurd.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: March 01, 2015, 11:54:37 PM »

What? You seem like you watch a lot of basketball but you say the most inane crap. That sentence you typed is rough ridin' absurd.
We have had so many injuries during the Weber tenure. Half the team after the both post season have had post season surgeries. Players always seem banged up. 

Weber said four players are working to get healthy, and three are having surgery. Both Martavious Irving, a senior, and Nino Williams are having minor knee surgeries, while Rodriguez is having work done to fix torn ligaments in his left wrist. Will Spradling is still recovering from his chest injury.

Last year we had DJamer, Nino and Gip. This year Wes and Malek were hurt coming into the season and Hurt missed extended time.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 12:03:58 AM by Mixed-Nutz »

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: March 01, 2015, 11:59:19 PM »
Does conditioning and whatever fall under the practice time rules?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: March 02, 2015, 12:24:45 AM »
Does conditioning and whatever fall under the practice time rules?

If coaches are present, yes. But it's pretty standard for players to have things to work on without the staff present, strength and conditioning staff, trainers, managers, and the players themselves can all supervise conditioning.

Mixed Nutz, two things.
1. Injuries occur more often to players and teams not well conditioned, injury management is best handled by a fit squad. It's basketball, conditioning is absolutely the issue.
2. You seem to infer that we should be training to prevent injuries; without getting into a philosophical conversation, there is only so much you can do to prevent injuries in a contact sport. Injuries in contact sports is often a matter of luck I have no idea how you train for injury prevention but that seems like a waste of time. Just get your team as fit as possible to play 40 minutes twice a week for 5 months.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: March 02, 2015, 01:40:28 AM »
I've never understood how college basketball teams could be out of shape. Like, if your team is obviously more out of shape than other squads, don't you as a coach take it upon yourself to fire the S&C guy? Doesn't seem like it would be difficult to find somebody that could get 18-21 year old kids in good enough shape to play a basketball game. I could understand if the coach maybe didn't want all of his players to get too bulky, in case it affected their basketball skill (I think that's a load of horse crap, at least I would understand it though), but there's absolutely no reason to have a S&C guy who can't get the team in shape.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: March 02, 2015, 01:49:35 AM »
I can't be certain that Big Meat isn't Roz from Night Court.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: March 02, 2015, 06:37:24 AM »
 :lol:

Thanks for sending me into a night court youtube wormhole

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: March 02, 2015, 06:47:19 AM »
Ha

Offline yoman

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: March 02, 2015, 09:05:17 AM »

I know MIR called you out previously, but I'm doing it again to inform you just how rough ridin' stupid this talking point is. Along with improving strength and endurance to improve performance, injury prevention is one one of the main purposes of a S&C program.
I think this yoman guy is on to something....

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: March 02, 2015, 09:52:10 AM »
Thanks for sending me into a night court youtube wormhole

I avoided that wormhole but I was reminded via wikipedia that Harry's fill-in judge would become the judge central to the combofanning board's MTD craziness.  Wow!

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: March 02, 2015, 12:05:19 PM »

I know MIR called you out previously, but I'm doing it again to inform you just how rough ridin' stupid this talking point is. Along with improving strength and endurance to improve performance, injury prevention is one one of the main purposes of a S&C program.
Injury prevention is the main concern for the S&C coach during season and IMO it has been poor. There seems to be a pattern with shoulder injuries. I think that is a huge problem. oscar seems to constantly talk about players not being able to practice because of injury. If you can't practice you are going to have issues with staying in shape. Staying in shape shouldn't be a problem in season, you should just be maintaining.

Offline Shooter Jones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1215 on: March 02, 2015, 12:21:37 PM »
I think if the cats were doing hot yoga for flexibility during the season that Bolden's forearm would've flexed a little and not snapped into an S shapey type thing.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1216 on: March 02, 2015, 12:21:46 PM »
I think what everyone is saying, to a certain degree, is that Price sucks and needs to go, right?

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: March 02, 2015, 12:34:54 PM »
I think what everyone is saying, to a certain degree, is that Price sucks and needs to go, right?
Yes.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: March 03, 2015, 11:08:11 AM »
Tucks already are in the mindset that Foster is gone. I wonder if they are going to meltdown if he stays put.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: March 04, 2015, 11:13:34 PM »
Tucks already are in the mindset that Foster is gone. I wonder if they are going to meltdown if he stays put.

Fitz says on the gpc podcast that there's no way Foster will come back and that him rooting for guys on the bench is an act and he's basically a terrible person.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: March 04, 2015, 11:59:52 PM »

Fitz says on the gpc podcast that there's no way Foster will come back and that him rooting for guys on the bench is an act and he's basically a terrible person.

Hope that is just super tuck coming through. I listen to the same podcast and read the first 15 pages of this blog.  :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: March 05, 2015, 12:45:09 AM »

That's disappointing.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Dub

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: March 05, 2015, 12:47:13 AM »

Hope that is just super tuck coming through. I listen to the same podcast and read the first 15 pages of this blog.  :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Why would a disgruntled player act like he's rooting for players?  That makes no sense.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 12:58:36 AM by Dub »

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: March 05, 2015, 12:51:34 AM »

Fitz wishes he was Marcus.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: March 05, 2015, 05:51:36 AM »
Over the past month, on multiple occasions,I have heard that Marcus cheering on the sideline shows his character is poor.  Never a good explanation as to why.
#tucklife

Gonna win 'em all!