Author Topic: Bullies, Bullying, and the Bullied  (Read 14104 times)

Offline Rams

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Worst poster on this board by far
    • View Profile
Re: Bullies, Bullying, and the Bullied
« Reply #125 on: November 08, 2013, 12:39:06 PM »
Rams, what has become of the smalltown alpha male?
exactly what you would expect.  still living in the same small town.

I remember having a conversation with my dad at one point when I was younger.  my dad and this kids dad were only a couple years apart in that same small town.  my dad said his dad was the exact same way when they were in school. 

I haven't talked to him years, but apparently he's got a kid that's 4 or 5 years old and I've heard that he's already raising him the same way.  apparently he was letting him just run around with a lit roman candle in his hand in a crowd of people last 4th of july.  I suspect the cycle will just continue. :dunno:

I've seen some pictures and he's turned into a fatass, so that's funny.
"Son. This is why we are wildcats. Hard work, pride, the heart of this country. And if that's not enough for you, you can just move to California with your punk friends."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 08, 2013, 12:57:47 PM »
My school was weird.  lots of little groups with some that traversed many groups rather than being soley part of one.  That's what I did.  There was bullying here and there, but not huge amts. 

The girls in my school, however, were rough ridin' horrible people almost completely.  Very similar to what Bread described.  They didn't prey on boys but they were psychological warfare'ing the crap out of each other.

My overall take away seems simliar to you, Rams in that I don't miss HS one bit.  I enjoyed some of the things I did, but I am only linked to two ppl(they are married to each other) from my time there and they weren't even in my class.  The only ppl that have stuck together are the ones who still consider it the best time of their lives.  Huddled together united by their fear of the outside world. Other than that one crew, basically everyone else couldn't wait to get away from each other.

My size definitely protected me through other ppl's assumptions of who/what I was.  I am lucky to that extent though.   Still never been in a fight in my life outside of my brothers.

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 08, 2013, 01:07:50 PM »
Mark Mangino's son kind of bullied me in band class in 7th grade. He was a year older and a super stud qb on the football team, but he didn't do his assignment and tried to make me give him mine, I told him no and he gave me a dead leg or pinched me or something. Anyway when the teacher came to collect the assignments he didn't have his, so he had to move down a chair (i became 2nd chair trumpet and he got moved down to third), jokes on you Tommy Mangino! :gocho:
I'm purple down

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 08, 2013, 01:11:43 PM »
Mark Mangino's son kind of bullied me in band class in 7th grade. He was a year older and a super stud qb on the football team, but he didn't do his assignment and tried to make me give him mine, I told him no and he gave me a dead leg or pinched me or something. Anyway when the teacher came to collect the assignments he didn't have his, so he had to move down a chair (i became 2nd chair trumpet and he got moved down to third), jokes on you Tommy Mangino! :gocho:

Stud move, raquetcat    :thumbsup:

Offline Unruly

• Oh so Unruly.
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2013, 04:00:07 PM »
Korn was great therapy for the bullied i feel like

And LP
:dance:

Offline OlatheWildcat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 08, 2013, 04:18:46 PM »
I don't think I let myself be bullied. I usually had the same reaction that LHC Bill Snyder had after Pinkel wouldn't shake his hand.
Follow me on Twitter @OlatheWildcat12

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 08, 2013, 05:22:08 PM »
I don't think I let myself be bullied. I usually had the same reaction that LHC Bill Snyder had after Pinkel wouldn't shake his hand.

Omg great post

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 08, 2013, 05:26:32 PM »

Omg great post

Yes, but a blowby handshake is a bit easier to "oh, welp" than a pinecone shoved up your butt.  I read that happened.
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 11, 2013, 03:06:44 PM »
This Caine kid is a stud:

Also this:

http://www.thebullyproject.com/

Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 11, 2013, 06:02:09 PM »
Do you guys think FSD was bullied as a child?