Author Topic: We look better than I thought we would  (Read 26718 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: We look better than I thought we would
« Reply #175 on: November 04, 2013, 04:46:54 PM »
I mean really, there's reaches and then there's major shoulder surgery, arm in a sling for 6 months followed by major rehab reaches.  Robert Upshaw fits into the latter category of reaches.

:lol:

Laughter is very healing for the angry.   :thumbsup:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 04, 2013, 04:53:15 PM »
sonofdaxjones? More like grandpaofkimcarnes!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 04, 2013, 04:55:05 PM »
sonofdaxjones? More like grandpaofkimcarnes!

If you must lash out to heal, do it.

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2013, 05:17:08 PM »
This is why Trim isn't "excited" by oscar.  oscar is a lame, hand-clasping, raspy voiced pussy, compared to Frank's glaring, boot stomping, persona.  I think, in large part, oscar's biggest downfall with EMAWers is his lack of charisma, Illinois record notwithstanding.     

As fanning would say, I think you're over analysis my take.  Frank gave most of us the most winning K-State basketball of our lives.  He was also a giant dork in many situations, which we over-the-top defended because of the winning.  oscar is a giant dork in nearly all situations, but that could all be spun as adorable if he was a winner.  But he's a loser, so he gets fired and mocked.

The "excitement" is purely about winning.

I'm not sure I butchered that "over analysis" wording enough to truly be as fanning would say.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 04, 2013, 05:20:45 PM »
It would be more like "overed analysised" but you're in the ballpark.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: November 04, 2013, 05:21:38 PM »
Winning and exposure.  I mean, we weren't just winning games being played in an ISU-like closet.  We had like 4 big monday games two years ago for godsake.

Also, you couldn't turn on ESPN or watch one of the dummy journo's tweet long without seeing a reference to our team or Frank rough ridin' with them on twitter.

We were everywhere.  Now the only place you can find us is on the list of the top 8 programs in decline.  All after our most winning season in a long time and a conf champy. 

If Frank won the Conf Champ, he would still be on ESPN or CBS explaining how the last few seconds went down to a round table of three or four ESPN or CBS personalities eating it up like they have never heard it before.

I would def still have season tix if Frank was here. 

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 04, 2013, 05:29:37 PM »
frank wouldn't have lost to that play-in team in the tourny.  i don't even remember that team's name.  did it start with an "M"?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 04, 2013, 05:31:44 PM »
This is why Trim isn't "excited" by oscar.  oscar is a lame, hand-clasping, raspy voiced pussy, compared to Frank's glaring, boot stomping, persona.  I think, in large part, oscar's biggest downfall with EMAWers is his lack of charisma, Illinois record notwithstanding.     

As fanning would say, I think you're over analysis my take.  Frank gave most of us the most winning K-State basketball of our lives.  He was also a giant dork in many situations, which we over-the-top defended because of the winning.  oscar is a giant dork in nearly all situations, but that could all be spun as adorable if he was a winner.  But he's a loser, so he gets fired and mocked.

I'm not sure I butchered that "over analysis" wording enough to truly be as fanning would say.
You know that was a autocorrect, right?

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 04, 2013, 05:38:59 PM »
frank wouldn't have lost to that play-in team in the tourny.  i don't even remember that team's name.  did it start with an "M"?

agree.  Frank also  would've  lost 2-3  more  conference  games and finished 3rd or 4th  in the conference.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 04, 2013, 05:39:46 PM »

a philly coworker of mine had never heard of the team we lost to, FWIW

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 04, 2013, 05:41:16 PM »
Man, just thinking of the Wally Judge like Franking that Robert Upshaw would have gotten. 

The "Why isn't Upshaw playing/suited up/on the bench" threads would have been epic

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 04, 2013, 06:27:59 PM »
Great thread

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 04, 2013, 07:01:35 PM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline AndrewVonLintel

• Purple Prince Thrice Crowned in MMXIII
  • Combo-Fan
  • Purple Get Ready To Roll!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 04, 2013, 08:14:32 PM »
Will Frank Martin reach a tournament with South Carolina?

Will oscar get his team to the NIT?

Will Angel totally kick ass after his medical redshirt year?

Will K-State be the worst rebounding team in the country?

Stay tuned for answers to these questions and more on............

goEMAW       :impatient:
Hire Brad Underwood Now!!!!!!

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 04, 2013, 09:50:33 PM »

:D

Online Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 04, 2013, 09:51:53 PM »

:D

Saw that, but I just can't anymore.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 04, 2013, 09:57:27 PM »
watched the first half.  like foster's shot.  lawrence had some good stretches early.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline PBLIllini

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 05, 2013, 01:01:58 PM »
No one is making excuses, it's just the simple reality.   Some of you guys act like Weber was given a lifetime contract and that anyone else besides Weber would have been mega succesful.  Plus you listen too much to the Illini fans who have so much pent up rage over how $hitty (and  underachieving) their overall athletic program is right now that they have zero objectivity.

Is this a schtick or are you for real?  Because you sound like a whole lot of Illini fans circa 2006-07. 

If you are serious, you are in for one hell of a rough ride. 

By the way, that "shitty" program just landed another 4* top 50 recruit yesterday.  The first ever from Simeon to declare before their senior year so I am told.  He will look nice with the rest of the 'breds that Groce is bringing in.  If we land Alexander then all bets are off.  But please, keep thinking that Weber is some golden child and that we were lucky to have him. 

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 05, 2013, 01:06:41 PM »
I remember when Dax used to fight against mediocrity in the K-State basketball program on the internets with zeal, now he defends it with an equal amount of zeal. The guy is passionate about mediocrity, one way or the other, that's just how he's wired.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 05, 2013, 02:07:34 PM »
I remember when Dax used to fight against mediocrity in the K-State basketball program on the internets with zeal, now he defends it with an equal amount of zeal. The guy is passionate about mediocrity, one way or the other, that's just how he's wired.

I only go by what's been done.   Last season K-State had the most wins in a single season ever.   You are comparing a Big 12 Co-Champion/NCAA tourney team, to my ranting about teams that weren't even making the NIT.   

If we aren't making the NCAA tourney in the coming years, then I'll be saying the exact same thing about fighting mediocrity. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 05, 2013, 02:34:35 PM »
There were a variety of factors/circumstances that were a part of Frank’s beginnings.  Just as there were oscar’s.  Do we have to compare the two?  No – because it’s the wrong question – it’s a waste of time.  For every “well but with oscar…” there’s a “well but with Frank”…..it’s a worthless conversation and one we’ve already had…over and over and over…..  The conversation…the question...is what is the standard for oscar.  The answer shouldn’t have the word “Frank” in it.  I don’t care what happened in Frank’s second year. It’s irrelevant  Not the same time, not the same circumstances, not the same program.   oscar needs to win.  I don’t care how many freshman he rolls out there.  I don’t care if Spradling is running the point.  Win.  That’s it.  He did that last year.   Get to the Tourney.

I just picked this thread back up after a couple of days. This is all I really needed to read. Refreshing ZACKanlysis from my friend catfencezacker.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 05, 2013, 02:53:35 PM »
What is more valuable?

4 NCAA Tourney Bids
  Finishing in the top of the conference every year

VS.

1 NIT BID
  1 NCAA BUBLE TEAM
  1 Good NCAA TEAM (Sweet 16)
  1 Great or better NCAA TEAM (Elite 8 or Better) and a 50% chance at a conference championship

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 05, 2013, 03:29:34 PM »
My random thoughts:
  • Frank was a better salesman/recruiter than Weber is.  Weber is a better Xs & Os coach than Frank.
  • Frank was gifted with far better players when he arrived at KSU in 2007 than Weber got upon his arrival last year.
  • Frank would've probably won a couple more games in the tournament last year, but would not have won the conference nor beat Florida during the regular season.
  • Frank and Weber are both quite good coaches.  Neither is yet in the top five coaches in KSU history.  I still think Huggins did more for KSU basketball than either of them.
  • One final IMHO: Weber is more likely to be successful at KSU than Frank is to be at USC, for whatever that's worth.
:th_twocents:

P.S.  I love KSU basketball!   :emawkid:
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 03:37:24 PM by Ghost of Stan Parrish »
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #198 on: November 05, 2013, 03:39:09 PM »
My random thoughts:
  • Frank was a better salesman/recruiter than Weber is.  Weber is a better Xs & Os coach than Frank.
  • Frank was gifted with far better players when he arrived at KSU in 2007 than Weber got upon his arrival last year.
  • Frank would've probably won a couple more games in the tournament last year, but would not have won the conference nor beat Florida during the regular season.
  • Frank and Weber are both quite good coaches.  Neither is yet in the top five coaches in KSU history.  I still think Huggins did more for KSU basketball than either of them.
  • One final IMHO: Weber is more likely to be successful at KSU than Frank is to be at USC, for whatever that's worth.

the eff?

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 05, 2013, 03:44:43 PM »
My random thoughts:

the eff?

What?  I love KSU basketball!   :ksu:
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."