Author Topic: KU- Gameday  (Read 31335 times)

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
Re: KU- Gameday
« Reply #125 on: January 28, 2010, 06:13:48 PM »
when's this crap getting started?
:guywhostappinghiswatchwaiting:

I'm confused now. Who's fighting who?

:dunno:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2010, 06:17:28 PM »
i like manbeck. i'd probably like levi too, but i honestly can't say that i've read anything that he's ever done. ever. has he ever actually written anything? :dunno:

By Levi Wolters
The Wichita Eagle

Ames, IOWA — "He [Josh Freeman] snuck out the back door."

:drool:

jrake- i'm only 13. i've def heard of freeman, but only became a ksu fan when my family moved to kansas this school year. do you have anything more recent from levi? tia.

Offline Broadway

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2010, 06:19:24 PM »
I just can't believe that jrake has been on this site all day and hasn't started any Ron Prince discussions ... disappointing. :sigh:

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2010, 06:21:58 PM »
I just can't believe that jrake has been on this site all day and hasn't started any Ron Prince discussions ... disappointing. :sigh:

There will be plenty of Ron Prince discussion when I create the Ron Prince News Network (RPNN).

Offline Broadway

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 28, 2010, 06:23:16 PM »
Maybe Manbeck is such a Kstatriot that he made up the bus story to energize the fanbase.

:kstatriot:

Offline FP TC etc.

• Katpak'r
  • USA! USA! USA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 28, 2010, 06:25:48 PM »
Who is this loser that hates manbeck? Just some random mommy?

As opposed to the homosexuals you're more familiar with?  :fatty:

This isn't a dating service jmart  :curse:

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #131 on: January 28, 2010, 06:27:13 PM »
jrake- i'm only 13. i've def heard of freeman, but only became a ksu fan when my family moved to kansas this school year. do you have anything more recent from levi? tia.

By Levi Wolters
Wichita Business Journal

Three weeks ago, the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority reported 340 convention cancellations in the first three months of 2009, an estimated $131.6 million hit to the gambling mecca’s economy.

In Wichita, convention business hasn’t taken nearly the hit, but nonetheless cancellations have been noticed.

John Rolfe, president and CEO of Go Wichita — formerly Greater Wichita Convention & Visitors Bureau — says no large conventions have cancelled in Wichita this year.

:users:

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 28, 2010, 06:33:13 PM »

By Levi Wolters
Wichita Business Journal

Three weeks ago, the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority reported 340 convention cancellations in the first three months of 2009, an estimated $131.6 million hit to the gambling mecca’s economy.

In Wichita, convention business hasn’t taken nearly the hit, but nonetheless cancellations have been noticed.

John Rolfe, president and CEO of Go Wichita — formerly Greater Wichita Convention & Visitors Bureau — says no large conventions have cancelled in Wichita this year.

:love:

omg. i now have a great source for convention news and information. love 'em. absolutely. love two things in this world. kansas state university wildcats sports and conventions. what convention magazine/newspaper/etc does levi write for. anxiously awaiting.  :crossfingers:

:combofan:
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 06:41:42 PM by Rick Daris »

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 28, 2010, 06:34:35 PM »

By Levi Wolters
Wichita Business Journal

:love:

omg. i have a great source for convention news and information. love 'em. absolutely. love two things in this world. kansas state university wildcats sports and conventions. what convention magazine/newspaper/etc does levi write for. anxiously awaiting.  :crossfingers:

:combofan:

crap. just realized that he might not be a good source for convention info and might just write for some crappy wichita related crap fast. please tell me this isn't true. wichita is horrible. bated breath.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 06:42:53 PM by Rick Daris »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 28, 2010, 06:39:14 PM »
I just called my bookie and opening odds have a levi KO paying even odds.  You can lock in a fight to the draw at 5 to 1.  A manbeck win on points plays 20 to 1 and a manbeck KO of Levi is a longshot I'm playing as it pays with 50 to 1.

Manbeck may have the physique of a 6'2" manute bol, but he does have reach and if he doesn't get into a ground game he could sting and maybe play to a draw.

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2010, 06:41:58 PM »
crap. just realized that he might not be a good source for convention info and might just write for some crappy wichita related crap fast. please tell me this isn't true. wichita is horrible. bated breath.

Levi recently moved to Little Rock, Ark. :love:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2010, 06:53:25 PM »
I just called my bookie and opening odds have a levi KO paying even odds.  You can lock in a fight to the draw at 5 to 1.  A manbeck win on points plays 20 to 1 and a manbeck KO of Levi is a longshot I'm playing as it pays with 50 to 1.

Manbeck may have the physique of a 6'2" manute bol, but he does have reach and if he doesn't get into a ground game he could sting and maybe play to a draw.

Which one is the Wes Welker type?

Offline Levi

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 28, 2010, 07:34:33 PM »

Levi recently moved to Little Rock, Ark. :love:

I thought you were supposed to be the Ron Prince beat writer here. Not the Levi Wolters article finder. This is ridic.

Offline JMart

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2010, 07:58:38 PM »

Which one is the Wes Welker type?

Both would qualify, technically.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2010, 08:16:44 PM »
Well, this thread continues to be awesome  :users:

Offline Levi

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 28, 2010, 08:54:35 PM »
How tall is Coal?

Offline C_Manbeck

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 28, 2010, 09:11:33 PM »

Offline j rake

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
    • @j_rake
« Reply #142 on: January 28, 2010, 09:13:56 PM »
How tall is Coal?

Tall, but I wouldn't worry. You will be eye level with him after he picks you up by the throat.  :ohno:

Offline QuinnMac

• Fan
  • Former ksufans operators, heed the avatar warning
    • View Profile
    • Origins of the "Octogon of DOOM"
« Reply #143 on: January 28, 2010, 09:16:52 PM »
Looking more and more like the beckster is full of crap.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=172&f=2481&t=5534450

But at least he is irrelevant enough that the squaks are blaming kietz for fabricating the whole thing.

Offline EllToPay

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Typical EMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 28, 2010, 09:17:44 PM »

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 28, 2010, 09:22:20 PM »
Hey Levi, you still with the WBJ?  If so, whatever happened to my "small business react to recession" story idea?  Did you/your editor just think it sucked?  If I fought Cole for you, would you reconsider?   :dunno:

Offline Levi

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 28, 2010, 09:27:42 PM »
Hey Levi, you still with the WBJ?  If so, whatever happened to my "small business react to recession" story idea?  Did you/your editor just think it sucked?  If I fought Cole for you, would you reconsider?   :dunno:

Not there anymore. I passed it on to my editor right after I got it from you with the subject line "This is a good idea...". Then, if I remember right, he replied back with this: .

So I guess he didn't like it. FWIW, neither of us are there anymore, if you want to try it again. Though it might not be as good of an idea now that the recession is over and all. But, hey, you never know.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 28, 2010, 09:32:52 PM »

But at least he is irrelevant enough that the squaks are blaming kietz for fabricating the whole thing.

Just going off what I was told from a highly reliable person. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It's not going in the papers. But, I will be much more reluctant to tweet stuff like this after seeing how much drama it has caused.

Dont take the crap on here that seriously.  Tweets are all for shooting off at the mouth

Offline yosh

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 28, 2010, 09:33:20 PM »

Not there anymore. I passed it on to my editor right after I got it from you with the subject line "This is a good idea...". Then, if I remember right, he replied back with this: .

So I guess he didn't like it. FWIW, neither of us are there anymore, if you want to try it again. Though it might not be as good of an idea now that the recession is over and all. But, hey, you never know.

That's just as well.  Did NOT want to fight Cole  :ohno:.  Would maybe fight your ex. editor though...   :curse:

Offline C_Manbeck

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 28, 2010, 09:35:01 PM »

Just going off what I was told from a highly reliable person. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong and I'm sorry about it. No one feels worse than me when I get something wrong or am told something not true. It's not going in the papers. But, I will be much more reluctant to tweet stuff like this after seeing how much drama it has caused.

I still stand by what I said and if it turns out to be false, I'll be the first one to take the blame. You guys can blast me for it. I can take it.