Author Topic: goEMAW Shutdown  (Read 2498 times)

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
goEMAW Shutdown
« on: October 15, 2013, 11:18:03 AM »
more hostage tactics from the mods this morning. how do you guys feel about it? who wants to bet that we start getting more "reminders" to click on ads and to upgrade our subscriptions to platinum-premium?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: goEMAW Shutdown
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 11:20:53 AM »
99% of the posts belong to 1% of the posters. I dont think I need to make a chart for you to know that this is a problem.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 11:24:07 AM »
Certain mods think there should be Universal Premium for all members. 

Offline raquetcat

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
  • ^ I let us down
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 11:25:12 AM »
more hostage tactics from the mods this morning. how do you guys feel about it? who wants to bet that we start getting more "reminders" to click on ads and to upgrade our subscriptions to platinum-premium?
I didn't know what to do with myself at work this morning every time I tried to get on I just keep yelling "Saul"!
I'm purple down

Offline Saulbadguy

• Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • what
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 11:57:55 AM »
 :Lurk:
Where did you get that overnight bag?

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2013, 12:10:41 PM »
did the mods still get paid during the shutdown? i think saul should get paid since he was working but like rick daris can barely use an emoticon so i doubt he helped fix it.
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2013, 12:11:18 PM »
some of these mods are more 'tator than 'tater, if you catch my drift.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2013, 12:12:56 PM »
did the mods still get paid during the shutdown? i think saul should get paid since he was working but like rick daris can barely use an emoticon so i doubt he helped fix it.

hey, how would you like to have your own username, one that you picked for yourself? are you getting that with the current mods?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2013, 12:17:03 PM »

hey, how would you like to have your own username, one that you picked for yourself? are you getting that with the current mods?

oh man, bubs, idk. have you ever seen the movie shawshank redemption? id be like brooks. i wanna be able to pick out my own username and possibly even password but i think the incarceration has changed me. what would i even pick as username? probably like poonhound69 (if thats not already taken) but pretty much i dont think its a good idea. i need the mods to pick for me. i dont wanna end up like brooks.

Offline yoEMAW

• The Engineer
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2013, 12:18:48 PM »
Certain mods think there should be Universal Premium for all members.

Pffffft. I wonder if they still feel that way since the outage? I wouldn't be surprised to see some small rate hikes to make up for all of the lost ad revenue from today.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2013, 12:21:05 PM »
oh man, bubs, idk. have you ever seen the movie shawshank redemption? id be like brooks. i wanna be able to pick out my own username and possibly even password but i think the incarceration has changed me. what would i even pick as username? probably like poonhound69 (if thats not already taken) but pretty much i dont think its a good idea. i need the mods to pick for me. i dont wanna end up like brooks.
sounds like you could stand to learn a bit about false consciousness

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2013, 12:25:24 PM »
99% of the posts belong to 1% of the posters. I dont think I need to make a chart for you to know that this is a problem.

Sensationalists are always blowing this way out of proportion. 1% of posters actually only have 53% of the posts. AKA a controlling majority.
:adios:

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2013, 12:28:53 PM »

steve dave just pm'ed me and told me thats a virus. not clicking.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 12:33:02 PM »

Maybe go with something about your favorite band boston?

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2013, 12:35:49 PM »
Sensationalists are always blowing this way out of proportion. 1% of posters actually only have 53% of the posts. AKA a controlling majority.
I guess that's correct if you ignore the fifth column in our midst, i.e. the sock cult.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2013, 12:37:00 PM »
steve dave just pm'ed me and told me thats a virus. not clicking.
this is going more poorly than my NSA thread.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2013, 12:37:27 PM »
Good point. Could probably just have mocat run the numbers to get to 99 anyway
:adios:

The Big Train

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2013, 12:48:57 PM »
I rough ridin' hated the shutdown  :curse:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2013, 12:52:31 PM »
Good point. Could probably just have mocat run the numbers to get to 99 anyway

i got 52.2%

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2013, 01:21:14 PM »
76 percent of goEMAW.com is against the shutdown, but the radical mods keep up this charade.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2013, 01:23:59 PM »
Also, I would like the pm function to be deemed essential, and remain available during the next shutdown.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2013, 04:47:16 PM »
The mods only appear great because we are on our knees: let us rise.