Author Topic: Another One For Our Guy Daniel  (Read 165024 times)

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Another One For Our Guy Daniel
« Reply #1350 on: September 06, 2014, 03:33:02 PM »
Hey weirdos, it's ok to want Daniel to do well. He wants KSU to do well.

This.
I want him to do well.   I spent almost as much time cheeringfor him today as I did for the 'Cats.  Doesn't change the fact that he's not the starter at McNeese and wasn't given the ball with the game on the line late in the 4th quarter.  I love Daniel and will continue to cheer for him but I think our coaching staff actually got this one right.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: September 06, 2014, 04:50:01 PM »
I wish he was playing safety for Shellenboogers

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: September 06, 2014, 05:02:49 PM »

This.
I want him to do well.   I spent almost as much time cheeringfor him today as I did for the 'Cats.  Doesn't change the fact that he's not the starter at McNeese and wasn't given the ball with the game on the line late in the 4th quarter.  I love Daniel and will continue to cheer for him but I think our coaching staff actually got this one right.

get out of here dork

Offline i poo crabs

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: September 06, 2014, 05:04:16 PM »
Check this video out of Sams dominating some nubbers

https://vine.co/v/Ou0Da1IXpZ2

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: September 06, 2014, 05:07:35 PM »
Check this video out of Sams dominating some nubbers

https://vine.co/v/Ou0Da1IXpZ2

eff, why did we let that get away? On the other hand, they are blackshirts

Offline Hurricane Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: September 06, 2014, 05:10:58 PM »
:ROFL:,
I think every 'Cat fan should admit that we would be a better team if Sams had stayed. That is regardless of him being the starting QB or not.
I love #Life.  I really do.   However,  can you come up with a comparison between him and what Charles Jones has done so far this season?   From my perspective,  Sams=Jones so far.  Also,  same utilization by Bill and staff as a wildcat QB/RB.

Well, he can pass for one.
Clearly Sams wasn't coveted for his passing ability and I think we saw that on display against the Cornholes today.  Anything else?

I'm not going to argue with you but it's really quite clear that Sams would have been a great change up to Waters and we would be a better team with him here instead of McNeese State.

Agreed, I wish he wouldn't have left us  :cry:

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: September 06, 2014, 05:28:01 PM »

This.

get out of here dork
No.  Why would you say such cruel things?

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: September 06, 2014, 05:32:22 PM »
Because you should get out of here. Nobody wants to read this garbage from such a low/medium.

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: September 06, 2014, 05:46:46 PM »
Because you should get out of here. Nobody wants to read this garbage from such a low/medium.
Oh.  Poster intimidation.  I get it.  Go eff yourself.  I'll do my best to up my post count with lots of "would take" and  :thumbs: and stuff like that.  As long as I am edgy and conformist, all is good.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: September 06, 2014, 05:53:25 PM »

Oh.  Poster intimidation.  I get it.  Go eff yourself.  I'll do my best to up my post count with lots of "would take" and  :thumbs: and stuff like that.  As long as I am edgy and conformist, all is good.

S'guy gets it :thumbs:

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: September 06, 2014, 05:59:28 PM »

:cheers:

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: September 06, 2014, 06:00:09 PM »

:cheers:
Did I do it right?

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: September 06, 2014, 06:01:54 PM »

Such venom.  :love:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: September 06, 2014, 06:03:48 PM »

This.

I was always happy for everidge at Wisky when he'd do something nice

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: September 06, 2014, 06:07:30 PM »

This is the best post in this whole thread. Though I don't understand the two spaces between sentences. That went out with typewriters.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Another One For Our Guy Daniel
« Reply #1365 on: September 06, 2014, 07:53:18 PM »

ProBBS Tip: Nobody cares how many posts you have or your post count. You shouldn't worry about it.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 08:00:27 PM by steve dave »

Offline Muldoon

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: September 06, 2014, 08:09:51 PM »

ProBBS Tip: Nobody cares how many posts you have or your post count. You shouldn't worry about it.
:ROFL:

Offline bucket

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: September 06, 2014, 08:12:37 PM »

:ROFL:

Muldoon might be an idiot, but that one was pretty good

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: September 06, 2014, 08:39:25 PM »
I'm digging Muldoon today.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: September 06, 2014, 09:05:05 PM »
I care how many posts people have. I just don't care for anyone with fewer than 40,000 posts.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: September 06, 2014, 09:11:54 PM »
Good job Muldoon.  You are the BBS version of the BYU qb.  Or Bradlee Van Pelt. 

Scrappy.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: September 09, 2014, 12:13:23 PM »
Sean Frye?@SeanEFrye·8 mins
Last week I tweeted something about Daniel Sams. Here's my column a few days later addressing the backlash: http://www.parsonssun.com/sports/article_d60c64c6-383d-11e4-94d0-001a4bcf6878.html

COLUMN: Love me or hate me, what you see is what you get
Story
Comments
 Print Create a hardcopy of this page Font Size: Default font size Larger font size

Posted: Tuesday, September 9, 2014 11:24 am

Sean Frye [email protected] | 0 comments

Last week was an up-and-down one for me to say the least. Some of the downs were my own doing, others simply a result of circumstance — as were the ups and as is life. But as I continue to get acclimated to the “real world,” one of the goals I have is to take lessons from tough times like the ones I underwent last week.

For starters, one of the first things that happened when I walked into the office on  Tuesday after Labor Day was that I received a call criticizing me for a column I had written praising the Southeast Kansas community for the positive reception I received my first month on the job — what could possibly be taken out of context, right?

Well, in the column I had written that I had purchased a Parsons Vikings shirt. The caller was a grandparent of a Labette County student who was upset that I wasn’t being objective. To make it clear, my statement in my column was simply in reference to the sense of family that I’ve been engulfed by since arriving a month ago. But I learned that I should probably ensure that the public knows that I’m not biased to one particular school. I wrote in the column that I should probably buy a Grizzlies shirt to be objective, and all that call did was put that on my checklist.

Secondly, I tweeted out something critical of a former K-State quarterback. It was announced last week that Daniel Sams, a former quarterback for the Wildcats, would be the backup at McNeese State, his new FCS school. I tweeted out the story announcing he was a backup, along with my opinion of the matter as well as him as a person.

The tweet received widespread backlash for the better part of two days thanks largely in part to a more popular reporter at K-State publishing the tweet and dropping an expletive to describe my actions.

I have my reasons for why I feel the way I do about Sams, and they go far beyond his decision to transfer. Let’s just say that with me having been a student-manager for K-State basketball, I was able to get close enough to many athletes around campus to know what his reputation was like, and I built my opinions off that.

But as the backlash, which ate at me quite a bit, continued, I realized something. Many of the commenters had usernames and bio information that gave little to no indication of who their identity is. These people hide behind the anonymity that the Internet can provide, and spread their drivel without repercussion. Tweets ranged from calling me stupid, to expletive-filled rants to even demanding that the Parsons Sun fire me.

That’s probably not going to happen.

But what I did learn from that situation was that regardless of what the Internet is like, it is important for me to maintain a more professional demeanor on social media, especially since I’m not a coward and my profile clearly states who I am, what I do and what I think.

I shouldn’t have called Sams a clown. I didn’t like it when the public backlash dropped vile names my way, and I’m sure Sams felt at least somewhat the same way I felt at the time.

Not everything I tweet, write or post in any fashion will always be positive. One thing about my personality is that I’m very much a contrariant, particularly on controversial issues. It’s just who I am. But I’ve never met a very successful person who rides down the middle of any spectrum.

So, what you see, read and hear from me is what you get. At times, I will be controversial, and that will rub some people the wrong way. But I choose to embrace that persona, as I feel it draws me more toward people I can love, trust and understand.

Whether you agree or disagree with me, none of my opinions will ever be baseless. The lesson I learned last week is that I need to ensure I present them in a concise, professional manner.
:Ugh:
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 12:18:35 PM by WackyCat08 »

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: September 09, 2014, 12:15:25 PM »
What a clown

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire