Author Topic: Another One For Our Guy Daniel  (Read 164988 times)

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
Re: Another One For Our Guy Daniel
« Reply #650 on: May 13, 2014, 08:41:19 AM »
Why should the dumbass who comes in at 6am and leaves at 8pm be praised when I can do just as much from 8-5?

:facepalm:

No, that is legitimate

Note: I think this site is breaking down because it keeps messing up my posts.

What you're suggesting might apply if Daniel had been outworking or even matching Jake's intensity during the proverbial "8 to 5." However, Jake was not only outworking Daniel during those regular hours but also putting in tremendous effort outside of those hours. Your argument might apply to the call center you work at but a division 1 athlete needs to be striving to GET BETTER EVERY DAY.

I hate that you guys mock snyder's 16 goals.

once they became a marketing tool they deserved to me mocked to the fullest extent.

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: May 13, 2014, 08:41:36 AM »
The offense wouldn't produce the numbers that it did (with both QBs) if the play calling was truly as pathetic as some claim it was.

Also, coaches are going to run plays they think the players (individually and corporately) can run successfully the majority of the time and that produce the least amount of mistakes. It makes no sense to really believe there was any other motive to what plays were called for Sams vs what they ran for Waters. There is no conspiracy here, the only change of mistake by the staff is that they severely underestimated what offensive package that Sams was capable of running compared to Waters.

Don't bring logic to this conversation!!!     :shakesfist:

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: May 13, 2014, 08:42:48 AM »
Why should the dumbass who comes in at 6am and leaves at 8pm be praised when I can do just as much from 8-5?

Either the coaches are completely incompetent/hated #life, or Jake actually had a better grasp on the playbook. Even in the run game the playbook was pretty limited for #life. Doesn't mean that Jake was a better option or that #life was a slacker, it just means that the extra work paid off for a less talented player.

Have an A+ source that last year during fall camp Daniel had an extremely difficult time reading disguised coverages in practice. Everyone seems to be forgetting his tendency to throw interceptions.  This is something you fix by studying film and putting your nose to the grindstone.  That just didn't happen.  And for those the missed it Jake prepares for games like Peyton rough ridin' Manning.

Has Peyton Manning ever thrown for 40% in a game?   :dunno:

The 2010 Pro Bowl.  :dunno:  But seriously in his first three years in the league he had a sub 50% game. He also has at least one 50% game every year.

Statistics mean nothing unless they help my argument   :nono:

Offline treysolid

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • complacent and self-involved
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 13, 2014, 08:48:05 AM »
why are people mad at jake? daniel chose to switch to WR when bill wanted him to stay at QB. if you want to direct your anger at players, direct it toward tyler, sexton, deante, judah, andre and kyle.

Be mad at LHC Bill Snyder.

You don't have to be mad at anyone. The coaches have an obligation to play the best players at their respective positions in order to win games. Sams wanted more opportunities to showcase his talent. Sometimes it just doesn't work out.

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 13, 2014, 08:49:04 AM »
We might throw 70 times a game. What is the Cats record for INT's thrown in a single season?
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: May 13, 2014, 08:52:25 AM »
The coaches have an obligation to play the best players at their respective positions in order to win games.

This is why we should be bat at LHC Bill Snyder.

Offline hatingfrancisco

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Tweet Tweet
« Reply #656 on: May 13, 2014, 09:00:55 AM »
Some of you guys are blazing a hot path right through the 7 stages of grief.  Congrats!   :billdance:

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: May 13, 2014, 09:09:51 AM »
Like someone said before (_Fan?) if Waters stays healthy, I think he'll have a good year. If that happens, I'll just need Ertz to be a stud for me to heal.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: May 13, 2014, 09:12:36 AM »
Like someone said before (_Fan?) if Waters stays healthy, I think he'll have a good year. If that happens, I'll just need Ertz to be a stud for me to heal.

If Waters (and Lockett) stays healthy, I anticipate 30 TDs, 10 INTs, 3500 yards, 60% completions, and 8.5 YPA (minimum).

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: May 13, 2014, 09:13:18 AM »
As I learned in my foster training class, you must let the grieving process take its full course.  It's ok to grieve.  After the grieving process has completed, then you work to build the person back up with love and affection. 

When you guys are done, I'm going to love and affect all over you so we can move forward and have a fun 2014 football season. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #660 on: May 13, 2014, 09:13:30 AM »
Block his transfer, Currie!
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 13, 2014, 09:15:49 AM »
Snyder wants to ruin a guys arm by throwing way too much as opposed to running way to much.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 13, 2014, 09:19:19 AM »
We might throw 70 times a game. What is the Cats record for INT's thrown in a single season?

Would have been broken this year if Sams was our starter.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 13, 2014, 09:19:46 AM »
Snyder wants to ruin a guys arm by throwing way too much as opposed to running way to much.

pfft to anyone that thinks the human sacrifice qb draw is going anywhere

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 13, 2014, 09:20:00 AM »
Hey guys. What did I miss?

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 13, 2014, 09:20:25 AM »
As I learned in my foster training class, you must let the grieving process take its full course.  It's ok to grieve.  After the grieving process has completed, then you work to build the person back up with love and affection. 

When you guys are done, I'm going to love and affect all over you so we can move forward and have a fun 2014 football season.

:excited:

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 13, 2014, 09:20:56 AM »
Hey guys. What did I miss?

One of our players that wasn't going to play much next year is transferring.

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 13, 2014, 09:21:31 AM »
The coaches have an obligation to play the best players at their respective positions in order to win games.

This is why we should be bat at LHC Bill Snyder.

:D
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 13, 2014, 09:22:06 AM »

Offline SPEmaw

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 13, 2014, 09:22:30 AM »

:lol:
Please don't ban me, Mr. Dave.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: May 13, 2014, 09:22:43 AM »
2014 K-State #LIFElesscats Football: Some Saturdays we play, other Saturdays we don't.  Whatever.

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 13, 2014, 09:24:32 AM »
Instead of maybe Will and Jake transferring, we end up losing Angel and #LIFE  :buh-bye:

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: May 13, 2014, 09:25:51 AM »
Also, ydarg is a crap human

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 13, 2014, 09:33:06 AM »
So OK_Cat's buddy destroying Penn State football got us here?  Am I remembering that right?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 13, 2014, 09:46:26 AM »

:facepalm:

No, that is legitimate

Note: I think this site is breaking down because it keeps messing up my posts.

What you're suggesting might apply if Daniel had been outworking or even matching Jake's intensity during the proverbial "8 to 5." However, Jake was not only outworking Daniel during those regular hours but also putting in tremendous effort outside of those hours. Your argument might apply to the call center you work at but a division 1 athlete needs to be striving to GET BETTER EVERY DAY.

I hate that you guys mock snyder's 16 goals.

Real life experience says that this is a really dumb post.  Optimizing a guy's productivity doesn't make him better than a guy that hasn't optimized his but has a higher ceiling and more talent. 

The hard work only bullshit is exactly that.   If coached by a maniacal control freak, that others believe has mystical powers to pull off what no one else can fathom, then we just barely have a shot to eek up and compete at the high conference level every decade.  Lil Bro is right about what happens to us post Bill if our dumbasses don't figure out what is going to happen if we get stuck with Sean and still try to force a team of the Cimmaron, KS kids over actual rated talent/recruits because they work hard and for a super long time.