Author Topic: Look at the roster and exhale  (Read 2745 times)

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Look at the roster and exhale
« on: October 07, 2013, 09:03:06 PM »
Guys, there's no excuse for coming off a Big XII championship and putting this product on the field, but this isn't the start of a downward slide into Bill's retirement. For the first time since I can remember we actually have pretty decent HS recruits all along our roster. Unfortunately they are all young. That's what happens when a coach who has spent his entire career performing a JUCO magic act every year starts to prepare for retirement. He's trying to even out the roster with high school kids, so that the next coach isn't hamstrung with unbalanced classes. I see good/decent high school talent at every position on the roster, and the majority of those kids will still be here when Bill hangs it up. This year will be rough, but next year I think you'll see the nucleus start to form out on the field for what Bill is going to leave his successor. I think we will all be pleasantly surprised. Just try to make it through this year, guys. It's going to get better.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Look at the roster and exhale
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 09:04:13 PM »
name names

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 09:12:03 PM »
Thanks deuce. This actually made me feel better.  :thumbs:

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 09:14:15 PM »
name names

Dante Barnett, Gronk, Mike Moore, Stiverson, Whitehair, Britz, Deante Burton, Sams, Will Davis, Epps, Hood, Judah Jones, Leverett, Vernon Vaughn, LeAndrew Gordon, Cre Moore, Newlan, Nick Ramirez, Isaiah Williams, Jordan Willis, Tanner Wood Recruits: Dalton Risner, Prewett, Warmack, Sizelove, Elijah Lee, Sharp, and Dimel.

Some of these guys are already productive starters on the team.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 09:18:14 PM by ksudeuce »

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 09:58:54 PM »
it gets better

Offline bones129

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RUN! Tell all the other curs the Law's coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 10:03:45 PM »

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 10:05:48 PM »
 :Woohoo:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 08:23:09 AM »
i agree that we should only improve after this year, in each sport.

titletown, 2014-2015.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 08:47:06 AM »

titletown, 2014-2015.

football and baseball?

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2013, 08:48:11 AM »

titletown, 2014-2015.

football and baseball?

:cool:

Offline ArchE_Cat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 09:03:43 AM »
Well Bill and his loyal minions don't handle/maintain success very well. So this is either 2004 2.0, or Bill is able to pull off another small miracle and avoid his tendency to be anal, refuse to change, get worn down, then run away.  :cheers:

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 09:20:28 AM »
name names

Dante Barnett, Gronk, Mike Moore, Stiverson, Whitehair, Britz, Deante Burton, Sams, Will Davis, Epps, Hood, Judah Jones, Leverett, Vernon Vaughn, LeAndrew Gordon, Cre Moore, Newlan, Nick Ramirez, Isaiah Williams, Jordan Willis, Tanner Wood Recruits: Dalton Risner, Prewett, Warmack, Sizelove, Elijah Lee, Sharp, and Dimel.

:fistpump:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 09:42:51 AM »
name names

did you just name every high school recruit or do you actually think these guys will be productive?

Offline PIPE

• Katpak'r
  • Always a pessimist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2013, 11:25:24 AM »
Well, since some of these awe-inspiring up and comers can't beat out our dogsh**t starters, then I hold no hope for the future...........

I mean, who can't beat out slaughter, truman, and walker at the LB spot? :buh-bye:
Awaiting the inevitable KITN

catzacker

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2013, 12:32:11 PM »
name names

did you just name every high school recruit or do you actually think these guys will be productive?

It kind of looks like it.  If every HS player we got was turned into a stud, we wouldn’t be awful right now.  Britz showed more last year than Willis has this year. All those LB’s listed can’t beat out Slaughter and Truman.  None of the corners can beat out Dorian “Cushion” Roberts.  Hubert, even after fumbles and being called out (basically) by Bill still gets almost every single snap.  And it was only because we were down two WR’s that we even saw Burton in the game.   But yeah, besides that, we got a roster full of up and comers.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 01:15:01 PM »
name names

I named guys that I think could be starters on a good Big XII team at some point. The only DITR on that list is Newlan. I'm sure there will be a few of our 2* players that end up being nice contributors, but that's hard to predict.

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2013, 01:29:27 PM »
Phog people do this all the time......'we've got this guy and this guy, and if this guy does this....'   just throw names around, and they all suck.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2013, 01:38:55 PM »
Phog people do this all the time......'we've got this guy and this guy, and if this guy does this....'   just throw names around, and they all suck.

Yeah, basically all groups of sports fans do this, but the only reason I listed those names is because Kim asked for a list. I think a lot of those kids are going to be good, but if you think they'll suck then that's your prerogative.