Author Topic: Who else can give us production at RB?  (Read 1669 times)

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
Who else can give us production at RB?
« on: October 07, 2013, 11:25:14 AM »
We need more options that Hubert.  Will we see any production from Demarcus Robinson, Robert Rose, or any of the other running backs on the roster?  Saturday showed that we can run the ball, but we'll need more than Sams.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
Re: Who else can give us production at RB?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 11:30:59 AM »
I don't think it is a talent issue and I believe the staff is trying to get older player on the field when they can due to how young the team is in general. Don't agree with it.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 11:44:19 AM »
why did you start a thread about almost exactly the same topic dax did?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 11:45:23 AM »
I don't think it is a talent issue and I believe the staff is trying to get older player on the field when they can due to how young the team is in general. Don't agree with it.
Rose is a SR and Robinson is a JR so that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 11:49:41 AM »
Why the hell hasn't Robinson transferred?  Waiting in the wings for his maybe one season of playing time?

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 12:01:47 PM »
why did you start a thread about almost exactly the same topic dax did?

My bad...not even hung over.  Mods, can we close and move to Dax's thread?

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 12:19:41 PM »
Why the hell hasn't Robinson transferred?  Waiting in the wings for his maybe one season of playing time?
He's one of the good guys
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 12:33:16 PM »

I guess.  Just mind blowing that 4 star is willing to sit the bench for three years.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 12:38:12 PM »

I guess.  Just mind blowing that 4 star is willing to sit the bench for three years.
Where would he transfer to though? I'm pretty sure he has a family in the state.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 12:40:52 PM »

Where would he transfer to though? I'm pretty sure he has a family in the state.

I guess family plays a bigger role for him.  I would expect any number of programs would take a former 4 star and convince themselves that they can get the talent out of him.  In state he doesn't have options though.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 12:46:15 PM »
From August 2012:

LHC Bill Snyder built a big-time football program in a small-time town and did it without much recruiting gusto. Since he took over the program in 1989, Kansas State has, more often than not, been greater than the sum of its star rankings. On the rare occasion that K-State does pull in a sought-after high school recruit, expectations tend to be magnified.

Running back DeMarcus Robinson was the jewel of the Wildcats' 2010 class and is one of just two four-star high school prospects currently in the program. Describing his college statistics as "pedestrian" is one way of saying it. Calling them "non-existent" is more accurate.

Zero carries for zero yards in zero appearances.

It's important to note that Robinson is just a sophomore thanks to a redshirt year. Also important, though, is the fact that the former Rivals250 member was buried behind three-star running back John Hubert and junior college transfer Angelo Pease on the depth chart last season.

Cracking K-State's two-deep as a sophomore might be tall order, as the two tailbacks that were listed in front of him a year ago remain with the team. Still, Snyder, usually tight with praise, thinks this could be the year that Robinson takes the first step toward matching the high school hype.

"I think he had a good spring," Snyder said of Robinson. "He certainly caught our attention. He's continued to make improvement at the practices we've had to this point in time. I think everything he's done has been very positive. Hopefully, he'll get the opportunity."

Snyder says talent has never been the issue with Robinson. He's always had plenty of that. As for what's holding him back, Snyder won't go into specifics. Robinson's high school coach, Weston Schartz, on the other hand, doesn't mind sharing his take.

"I think the same thing that made him so special in high school is what's hurting him now," Schartz said. "He's such an unselfish player. I was watching spring practice and there was no rhyme or reason to who was taking reps. Everyone was just taking as many as they wanted. DeMarcus was just kind of hanging out in the background. He wasn't stepping up and taking carries like the other guys.

"He's not the type to be forceful. Those things -- things like summer workouts -- have held him back, but I think he's getting more aggressive now."

That quote from Schartz is still strange.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 03:32:01 PM »
So DRob doesn't even care.

:buh-bye:

#TeamLeverett

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 04:00:36 PM »
From August 2012:

LHC Bill Snyder built a big-time football program in a small-time town and did it without much recruiting gusto. Since he took over the program in 1989, Kansas State has, more often than not, been greater than the sum of its star rankings. On the rare occasion that K-State does pull in a sought-after high school recruit, expectations tend to be magnified.

Running back DeMarcus Robinson was the jewel of the Wildcats' 2010 class and is one of just two four-star high school prospects currently in the program. Describing his college statistics as "pedestrian" is one way of saying it. Calling them "non-existent" is more accurate.

Zero carries for zero yards in zero appearances.

It's important to note that Robinson is just a sophomore thanks to a redshirt year. Also important, though, is the fact that the former Rivals250 member was buried behind three-star running back John Hubert and junior college transfer Angelo Pease on the depth chart last season.

Cracking K-State's two-deep as a sophomore might be tall order, as the two tailbacks that were listed in front of him a year ago remain with the team. Still, Snyder, usually tight with praise, thinks this could be the year that Robinson takes the first step toward matching the high school hype.

"I think he had a good spring," Snyder said of Robinson. "He certainly caught our attention. He's continued to make improvement at the practices we've had to this point in time. I think everything he's done has been very positive. Hopefully, he'll get the opportunity."

Snyder says talent has never been the issue with Robinson. He's always had plenty of that. As for what's holding him back, Snyder won't go into specifics. Robinson's high school coach, Weston Schartz, on the other hand, doesn't mind sharing his take.

"I think the same thing that made him so special in high school is what's hurting him now," Schartz said. "He's such an unselfish player. I was watching spring practice and there was no rhyme or reason to who was taking reps. Everyone was just taking as many as they wanted. DeMarcus was just kind of hanging out in the background. He wasn't stepping up and taking carries like the other guys.

"He's not the type to be forceful. Those things -- things like summer workouts -- have held him back, but I think he's getting more aggressive now."

That quote from Schartz is still strange.

Wow, a lot of WTF in there.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 05:30:57 PM »
If only we could tag Dlineguy and get some insight on these self serve spring practices