Author Topic: Biggest Comparison between Harper & sams  (Read 5342 times)

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Biggest Comparison between Harper & sams
« on: September 30, 2013, 01:05:05 PM »
...Harper knew when to pull the plug on his childhood dream and the coaches did too!

Here you have two excpetional athletes who both played multiple positions in high school with QB being one of them.  Thus they both had or have their eyes  on becoming a college signal caller.  The difference...Harper realized before it was too late to switch to wide receiver, and became a mid round draft pick.  May be it's time for Sams to be thinking NFL now and make the switch.  It would also be for the betterment of the team, especially if he switches to DB.  Just think how better it would have been had Tuggle showed up at K_State a LB.  Sams is not a QB or at least not a future pro or even all conference potential.  He is an athelete who can make plays.  All this coming from a guy who was in the Sams for QB campaign.  But after 4 games I feel different...let's go with Waters full tilt, and spread the damn thing out, get Hubert in space and keep the damn chanis moving.  The "vanilla" play calling show is killing the season. Your thoughts...

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Biggest Comparison between Harper & sams
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 01:06:42 PM »
No
@mikec2w

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 01:12:28 PM »
that post is currently post rated as 5 stars on GPC

Online Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 01:13:36 PM »
Insidery types seem to suggest Sams will be used at other spots more going forward.

First thing Joe Bob should tell his D is to double team Sams and TLBL and basically do nothing else.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 01:22:32 PM »
The offense will still be awful with Sams at WR. The problem is at QB, not WR.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 01:23:40 PM »
that post is currently post rated as 5 stars on GPC

i cant even get 5 minutes  :buh-bye:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 01:37:25 PM »
...let's go with Waters full tilt, and spread the damn thing out, get Hubert in space and keep the damn chanis moving. 

The problem with this premise is that the coaches are still going to run the Klein/Sams offense with Waters.

I think the thing that's going to kill the GPC crowd is that the coaches are going to start playing Sams at other positions, and we're still going to run Waters 20+ times a game.  They're really going to have to admit how badly the coaches are handling this season at that point.

They won't admit it, publicly, but they will notice it.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 01:41:08 PM »
We aren't running the Klein offense with Waters. He has a lot of carries because he scrambles on a lot of passing plays. The QB run should work in short yardage situations. Waters is the only QB to ever play for LHC Bill Snyder who has been this bad at picking up easy first downs. Jake would be bad in any offense. He would get absolutely raped trying to run Mike Leach's offense.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 01:44:17 PM »
This is what I've been wanting all along. I know we lack depth at QB if he switches but there's no use keeping the best athlete on our arsenal on the sidelines for the majority of a game. Highly hoping he switches to RB or WR sometime soon. Hell, maybe down the road he can switch back if needed ala Klein or Ryan Tannehill.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 01:47:31 PM »
Sams can be Denard Robinson.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 01:49:03 PM »
This is what I've been wanting all along. I know we lack depth at QB if he switches but there's no use keeping the best athlete on our arsenal on the sidelines for the majority of a game. Highly hoping he switches to RB or WR sometime soon. Hell, maybe down the road he can switch back if needed ala Klein or Ryan Tannehill.
I'm pretty sure sams asked to do this but was shot down..
someone confirm

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 01:53:51 PM »
We aren't running the Klein offense with Waters. He has a lot of carries because he scrambles on a lot of passing plays. The QB run should work in short yardage situations. Waters is the only QB to ever play for LHC Bill Snyder who has been this bad at picking up easy first downs. Jake would be bad in any offense. He would get absolutely raped trying to run Mike Leach's offense.

I'm being very generic; we are using a pocket QB in the QB run game.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 01:56:52 PM »

I'm being very generic; we are using a pocket QB in the QB run game.

If the pocket QB would just lower his shoulders and get tough, it wouldn't matter.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 02:16:01 PM »
someone confirm

bill wants him to be a qb so that's what he will be

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 02:45:14 PM »

Yeah he would absolutely suck in a hurry up spread. He probably couldn't even win a juco game running an offense like that.
 :buh-bye:

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 02:48:52 PM »
someone confirm

so you think you know more about coaching than national coach of the year LHC Bill Snyder?

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 02:51:18 PM »
someone confirm

so you think know more about coaching than national coach of the year LHC Bill Snyder?

Sams will not be the starter while Waters is here. As Waters gets more comfortable he will become more productive. If there was more to Sams we would have seen it. I believe the second half of the Texas game said it all.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 02:56:08 PM »
someone confirm

so you think know more about coaching than national coach of the year LHC Bill Snyder?

Sams will not be the starter while Waters is here. As Waters gets more comfortable he will become more productive. If there was more to Sams we would have seen it. I believe the second half of the Texas game said it all.
I believe it showed that teams know when Sams comes in we are running the ball until bill allows Sams to throw

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2013, 03:01:12 PM »
someone confirm

I believe it showed that teams know when Sams comes in we are running the ball until bill allows Sams to throw
And...you're a worse troll than your dad

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2013, 03:01:47 PM »

Yeah he would absolutely suck in a hurry up spread. He probably couldn't even win a juco game running an offense like that.

Waters would look great if we were playing juco defenses. You can't be effective in a hurry up spread throwing 90+% of your passes to one guy against D1 defenses, though. That defeats the whole purpose of spreading the field. Waters is just awful. He's one of the 5 worst starting QBs Bill has had at KSU. At this point, if Bill just refuses to let Sams run the offense, I'd like to see the 3rd stringer get a chance.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2013, 03:02:30 PM »

Waters would look great if we were playing juco defenses. You can't be effective in a hurry up spread throwing 90+% of your passes to one guy against D1 defenses, though. That defeats the whole purpose of spreading the field. Waters is just awful. He's one of the 5 worst starting QBs Bill has had at KSU. At this point, if Bill just refuses to let Sams run the offense, I'd like to see the 3rd stringer get a chance.
about that "super easy" offense to shut down against texas

Waters - 48 plays - 301 yards - 6.2 average per play
Sams - 8 plays - 48 yards - 6.0 average per play

So... waters having all tools at his disposal (not to mention an en-feugo Lockett) barely managed to outperform that "super-easy to stop" offense by sams...

there is no "manufactured" qb controversy... what we have is a coaching staff that doesn't know how to maximize the value of the qb's at this moment and is playing both and learning how to make it work... Waters, logically, statistically, and results based, hasn't beaten out anybody.. part of that is the Water's fault.. a lot is coaching

Offline XocolateThundarr

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2013, 03:14:03 PM »
When I read this I think slims is trying to Jedi mind trick me.... I think I need some genius juice ASAP.
@mikec2w

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2013, 03:19:11 PM »
Don't be surprised if you see Sams in the backfield or slot this weekend

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2013, 04:36:48 PM »
Don't be surprised if you see Sams in the backfield or slot this weekend

At this point, I don't give a crap.  I just want to see him with the freaking ball in his hands.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2013, 04:37:35 PM »
When I read this I think slims is trying to Jedi mind trick me.... I think I need some genius juice ASAP.

He just posted a GPC post.