Author Topic: Near Death Experiences  (Read 6115 times)

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
Near Death Experiences
« on: September 30, 2013, 11:44:36 AM »
Anyone almost die?

All this talk about Doctors and how they introduce themselves reminded me that I nearly impaled myself on a knee high fence when I was up in Chicago a couple of weeks ago.

Around 11am we were walking from wrigleyville to the beach and playing catch with a football on the side streets. I'm jogging about 50% of full speed and give the "I'm open!" wave with my hand.

Buddy see's me but makes a terrible throw, I jump to catch it but don't notice I'm right next to a knee high fence...The fence trips me up and I land chest first on the stupid decorative spikes(lucklily they had rounded tops to prevent idiots from impaling themselves). 1 spike hit my chest about .5 inches from my neck and the others hit my pec and stomach. I also cut my leg pretty bad when it slammed against the fence, was squirting out blood  :sdeek:.

We had a ksu vet grad and a DR(physical therapy) with us so they were able to patch me up good enough to continue binging. 

You can see the stupid fence in street view
https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&sa=N&tab=lw#hl=en&q=724+west+barry+avenue+chicago+il

What about you? Have you ever almost died?!?

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Near Death Experiences
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 11:48:55 AM »
once had a guy point a loaded gun at me for about 5 minutes. then he decided to kill himself instead.  :sdeek:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 11:56:47 AM »
My car was sliding on a side of a mountain in slick weather.  Once it stopped I was on three wheels right on the edge.  That was not ideal

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 11:57:52 AM »
My car was sliding on a side of a mountain in slick weather.  Once it stopped I was on three wheels right on the edge.  That was not ideal

i get severe anxiety about driving in the mountains, which sucks.  would prefer to be airlifted in/out i think...

Offline AppleJack

• AppleJack
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • How are you doing today?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 12:04:01 PM »
car accident. head slammed into windshield and almost broke my neck. Only my Michigan Wolverines hat saved me from being disfigured and picking glass out of my face for the rest of my life. was out for 30 minutes. woke up in the ambo and was all  :confused:

:D
When one person, for whatever reason, has a chance to lead an exceptional life, he has no right to keep it to himself.

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 12:07:49 PM »
1998, was listening to Big12 champy game while on way back from hunting.  Gun readily availible still and all.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 12:15:17 PM »
I almost die like once a year. When I was 9 tho, I slid down a mountain after dunking a rock over a fence like MJ. I slid under the fence and grabbed onto it as I hung there dangling a 100 ft above a roaring river. My grandpa and brother grabbed me and drug me back onto land.  :horrorsurprise:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 12:16:51 PM »
Anyone almost die?

All this talk about Doctors and how they introduce themselves reminded me that I nearly impaled myself on a knee high fence when I was up in Chicago a couple of weeks ago.

Around 11am we were walking from wrigleyville to the beach and playing catch with a football on the side streets. I'm jogging about 50% of full speed and give the "I'm open!" wave with my hand.

Buddy see's me but makes a terrible throw, I jump to catch it but don't notice I'm right next to a knee high fence...The fence trips me up and I land chest first on the stupid decorative spikes(lucklily they had rounded tops to prevent idiots from impaling themselves). 1 spike hit my chest about .5 inches from my neck and the others hit my pec and stomach. I also cut my leg pretty bad when it slammed against the fence, was squirting out blood  :sdeek:.

We had a ksu vet grad and a DR(physical therapy) with us so they were able to patch me up good enough to continue binging. 

You can see the stupid fence in street view
https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&sa=N&tab=lw#hl=en&q=724+west+barry+avenue+chicago+il

What about you? Have you ever almost died?!?

next time take a cab :lol:

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 12:20:10 PM »
drove on the wrong side of bluemont around 9th or 10th street for about 10 seconds trying to get my skidding car under control after a soccer mom rammed into me from behind (:fatty:).
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 12:23:48 PM »
this thread is giving me sweaty palms.

when i was about 7 my family was at arches national park and i climbed up one of the arches, and then realized i was sort of stuck, and just fell down the side of the arch, about 50 feet. some guy with a mustache noticed that i was stuck and caught me. my dad was about 20 yards away filming the whole thing  :lol:

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 12:24:22 PM »
When I was five I tripped over a rattlesnake out at our campground but my grandpa chased him away with a rock  :thumbs:

When I was three I cut the cord to an electrical fan that was plugged in with some scissors but luckily the scissors had rubber handles  :cool:
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 12:33:34 PM »
My bro Kiefer and I kill each other and bring each other back to life all of the time.  it is trippy

Offline hemmy

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • RIP The After Party
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 01:15:20 PM »
Not really. I feel like 35 feet out of a tree in 8th grade, but that's all I got.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 01:17:29 PM »
When I was five I tripped over a rattlesnake out at our campground but my grandpa chased him away with a rock  :thumbs:

When I was three I cut the cord to an electrical fan that was plugged in with some scissors but luckily the scissors had rubber handles  :cool:

Some kid did this in my 2nd grade classroom, crazy sparks everywhere!

Luckily for you and him most scissors have plastic handles!

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 01:19:23 PM »
I had a bad acid trip my freshman year of college where I thought I was being sucked into another dimension.  It was a close call until a giant purple rabbit saved me. 

I stopped doing acid after that.
@lopakman

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 01:24:39 PM »
I had a bad acid trip my freshman year of college where I thought I was being sucked into another dimension.  It was a close call until a giant purple rabbit saved me. 

Did one of your friends throw you the giant purple rabbit, or was it imagined as well?

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 01:29:14 PM »
once had a guy point a loaded gun at me for about 5 minutes. then he decided to kill himself instead.  :sdeek:

I'm sorry to hear that, must of been scary though!

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 01:29:54 PM »
I almost die like once a year. When I was 9 tho, I slid down a mountain after dunking a rock over a fence like MJ. I slid under the fence and grabbed onto it as I hung there dangling a 100 ft above a roaring river. My grandpa and brother grabbed me and drug me back onto land.  :horrorsurprise:

I'm glad they saved you wacky! Also I'm sure you looked amazing throwing down the MJ'esque dunk!

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2013, 01:37:06 PM »

Did one of your friends throw you the giant purple rabbit, or was it imagined as well?

Nope, that was all me.
@lopakman

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2013, 01:43:01 PM »
Ames flooded

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2013, 01:43:27 PM »

it was!

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2013, 01:45:41 PM »

Yea, this was already the winner after one reply.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2013, 01:54:10 PM »

"HAVE"
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2013, 02:21:52 PM »

Sounds like a journey through the C(lams)ERN super collider.  Are you left handed now?

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2013, 02:34:11 PM »

Good ghost story and a gun story. 

:emawkid: