Author Topic: Iran seeking diplomacy?  (Read 1816 times)

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
Iran seeking diplomacy?
« on: September 26, 2013, 01:41:36 PM »
http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-east/1.549068

Iran's new government, stepping up a campaign to project a more moderate image abroad, said on Wednesday it wants to jump-start talks with world powers to resolve a decade-long dispute over its nuclear program and hoped for a deal in three to six months.

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammed Javad Zarif is set to hold talks on the nuclear issue on Thursday with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry as well as diplomats from Britain, France, Russia, China and Germany, in a rare encounter between top American and Iranian officials.

"The only way forward is for a timeline to be inserted into the negotiations that's short," new Iranian President Hassan Rohani was quoted as telling the Washington Post, through a translator, during a visit to New York, where he addressed the United Nations General Assembly on Tuesday.

"The shorter it is, the more beneficial it is to everyone. If it's three months that would be Iran's choice, if it's six months that's still good. It's a question of months not years," said Rohani when asked for a time frame for resolving Iran's nuclear dispute with the West.

Potentially good news, right?

:dunno:

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
Re: Iran seeking diplomacy?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 02:07:31 PM »
I think they have enough enriched for their bomb. Ready to talk.

Offline gatoveintisiete

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cold Ass Honkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 11:19:04 PM »
This is such good news, sounds like the new leadership understands it would be better to get along with us as apposed to hating our guts out.  The new guy seems trustworthy too.  Now we are probably have to think about how we can protect our new friends from the crazy Israelis.
it’s not like I’m tired of WINNING, but dude, let me catch my breath.

Online Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 03:50:39 AM »
The new guy isn't in charge.   Hard to believe the supreme leader has had this great change of heart

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 10:07:23 AM »
Finally, the US and Iran starting up a bromance.

Iran: "A bye week for the Cats?  Sheesh."

US: "No biggie, come on over and we'll hit up Aggiefest."

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 08:54:59 AM »
Now that its apparent that our administration and foreign policy team are naive rubes, all the evil will be stepping up to take advantage of us.

Putin, Assad, now the Iatolla.

:flush:
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 08:56:41 AM »
Also, mubarek

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 09:37:50 AM »
Now that its apparent that our administration and foreign policy team are naive rubes, all the evil will be stepping up to take advantage of us.

Putin, Assad, now the Iatolla.

:flush:
:ROFL:
 :Wha:
Real Politk [redacted], do you speak it?
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 10:30:00 AM »
Trolling the illiterate is not very fun  :blindfold:

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2013, 12:11:15 AM »
yeah nothing I said could be construed as coming from someone who is illiterate.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2013, 03:01:45 AM »

this is exactly how I feel about the republican base.  poor 'poors'. (sorry sys).
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2013, 04:06:01 PM »
Dax's absence in this thread = priceless

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 07:53:27 AM »
If I'm an evil leader of a radical, violent, religious group seeking to gain/retain power of a nation, and I've seen what this crack-pot crew of tards has facilitated in my neighborhood, yeah, I'm calling while the getting' is good.  Pretty soon I'll be able to murder my opposition without recourse. :Woot:

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 12:16:39 PM »
Benjamin Netanyahu wants a war so bad he can taste it. 

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 04:16:49 PM »

Biden's bud BeeBee?   Pfft, you callin' Bido a liar?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 06:34:15 AM »

Or the fact that I've been traveling.

This administration and the previous administration have been engaged in a constant secret war against Iran, including severe economic sanctions that by any measure are acts of war.

Iran has repeatedly said they're not pursuing Nuclear Weapons.   In 2012 both the CIA and Mossad agreed that Iran had no nuclear weapons.  Iran still very much denies that they are pursuing Nuclear Weapons, and they just recently slammed an IAEA report on their enrichment activities, and will meet with the IAEA soon to discuss this. 

Headline NYT's 2/24/2012:  "U.S. Agencies See No Move by Iran to Build a Bomb"

None-the-less Iran has serious economic problems and needs the crippling economic sanctions to be lifted.   

This is likely nothing more than the U.S. looking to thwart Russian and China influence on the region (just like Syria) and some analyst have gone so far as to say that this is just another in list of things to be checked off before the real showdown.

But it's good to see that Beems is actually declaring victory before anything has really happened.

Possible Outcomes:

-The talks go all the way and Iran aligns itself with United States.   Thus causing more friction between Russia/China and the United States.

-Just a delaying tactic by Iran.

-Just a tactic by Iran to get sanctions lifted.

-Iran doesn't agree to anything (likely because the U.S. and West make unreasonable demands, ones that the United States itself would never agree to if it were the one having demands made of it), and U.S. finally gets Arab states to agree that Iran needs to be dealt with. 

-Or it is true. . . the litany of articles coming out saying that the U.S. is a dying super power and that other countries should just string it along until the inevitiable happens.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 09:12:57 AM »
I love geo strategy/politics and love Dax's take on them. Thanks for doing what you do dax!

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 09:13:37 AM »
I love geo strategy/politics and love Dax's take on them. Thanks for doing what you do dax!

i don't give a crap about geo strategy/politics and love Dax's take on them.  Thanks for doing what you do dax!

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 11:36:59 AM »

Or the fact that I've been traveling.

This administration and the previous administration have been engaged in a constant secret war against Iran, including severe economic sanctions that by any measure are acts of war.

Iran has repeatedly said they're not pursuing Nuclear Weapons.   In 2012 both the CIA and Mossad agreed that Iran had no nuclear weapons.  Iran still very much denies that they are pursuing Nuclear Weapons, and they just recently slammed an IAEA report on their enrichment activities, and will meet with the IAEA soon to discuss this. 

Headline NYT's 2/24/2012:  "U.S. Agencies See No Move by Iran to Build a Bomb"

None-the-less Iran has serious economic problems and needs the crippling economic sanctions to be lifted.   

This is likely nothing more than the U.S. looking to thwart Russian and China influence on the region (just like Syria) and some analyst have gone so far as to say that this is just another in list of things to be checked off before the real showdown.

But it's good to see that Beems is actually declaring victory before anything has really happened.

Possible Outcomes:

-The talks go all the way and Iran aligns itself with United States.   Thus causing more friction between Russia/China and the United States.

-Just a delaying tactic by Iran.

-Just a tactic by Iran to get sanctions lifted.

-Iran doesn't agree to anything (likely because the U.S. and West make unreasonable demands, ones that the United States itself would never agree to if it were the one having demands made of it), and U.S. finally gets Arab states to agree that Iran needs to be dealt with. 

-Or it is true. . . the litany of articles coming out saying that the U.S. is a dying super power and that other countries should just string it along until the inevitiable happens.
I really hope you didn't write this posts and you copied it from somewhere.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 12:12:41 PM »
Edn, I really hope you're going to chime in, because 99.9% of your takes are either completely idiotic, or nothing more than the Captain Obvious point of the day.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2013, 09:06:05 AM »
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/11/08/exclusive-obama-s-secret-iran-d-tente.html

So we're just gonna let Iran go nuclear, huh? I guess our government is too busy focusing on the important stuff, like spying on Americans, micromanaging what sort of health insurance we can buy, etc. The disgusting dichotomy of modern liberalism.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2013, 09:18:51 AM »

Lol no he does not.