Author Topic: Played like crap, deserved to lose  (Read 2769 times)

Offline WildCatzPhreak

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Played like crap, deserved to lose
« on: March 27, 2010, 05:43:30 PM »
Gave them layup after layup after layup on defense, couldn't score a bucket to save our lives.

Elite eight is a good season.

Still pissed off because I know we have the better team and would take Butler in a 3 game series.  eff.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Played like crap, deserved to lose
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 05:46:04 PM »
Can't piss opportunities like this down your legs.  But that's what K-State is all about.

:blindfold:

Offline JavaCat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 05:47:46 PM »
Butler plays great defense and is an extremely smart team. We wouldn't beat them in a 3 game series. Our players are just too dumb and we like to dribble a lot. Easy prey for a good team.

Offline hollacat

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 05:48:31 PM »
classic KITN, we're kstate

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 05:49:49 PM »
Butler played great defense and beat us on the boards.  Cats couldn't handle the grinder.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 05:51:54 PM »
meh, Butler's a talented team.

Offline D-FRED-BROWN

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 05:52:36 PM »
JFC, is everyone here forgetting about the fatigue from Thursday's game???  Both the players (with the exception of Kelly now and then) and Frank looked fracking tired.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 05:53:45 PM »
JFC, is everyone here forgetting about the fatigue from Thursday's game???  Both the players (with the exception of Kelly now and then) and Frank looked fracking tired.

Fatigue in the tournament =  :flush:

We lost because we played like crap and Butler owned us. 

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 05:54:52 PM »
I don't buy it, but I'll take the fatigue excuse.  That's what I'm going to tell everyone.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 05:58:35 PM »
Butler played great defense and beat us on the boards.  Cats couldn't handle the grinder.

Butler beat us on the boards because their defense consisted of not covering our bigs and completely shutting down Clems and Pullen. There were always 2-3 players sagging in the lane for Butler and we never recognized this. So the good defense was base on our belief that hitting mid-range jumpers was fools gold. Which worked well for them.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 06:00:54 PM »

Butler beat us on the boards because their defense consisted of not covering our bigs and completely shutting down Clems and Pullen. There were always 2-3 players sagging in the lane for Butler and we never recognized this. So the good defense was base on our belief that hitting mid-range jumpers was fools gold. Which worked well for them.

I was thinking that Frank's irrational hatred of having 3 shooters on the floor hurt us for much of the game.  Obviously, the offense looked a lot better w/ McGrudsy in the game.  But overall, meh. 

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2010, 06:04:46 PM »

I was thinking that Frank's irrational hatred of having 3 shooters on the floor hurt us for much of the game.  Obviously, the offense looked a lot better w/ McGrudsy in the game.  But overall, meh. 

good god, was pleading for gruds to start the 2nd.

Offline Stupid Fitz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Go Cats
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2010, 06:07:20 PM »

good god, was pleading for gruds to start the 2nd.

I was too.  Thought frank did a good job.  He played the guys that got us this far.  Jamar and Dom being completely fracking worthless caused too much time for Lu.  Was hoping Rod was going to get more PT at the beginning of 2nd half. 

Offline theKSU

• Katpak'r
  • Team KSU
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 06:08:19 PM »
Got outcoched, no Gruds in first half sealed our fate.

Offline 06wildcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 06:14:17 PM »
Don't be mistaken...another long-range threat would have been nice (Gruds would have been great). But we didn't consistently slash with our guards or feed the post. We played playground ball most of the night and were shocked it didn't work. Best part of the game was the final minute of the first half and opening two minutes of the second when we did this and sped up the tempo of the game. We got Butler rushed and they started to melt then we just quit after missing a couple of those drives and didn't even try to play defense.

Offline ToupeeFearsTheBeard

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2010, 06:15:09 PM »
Curtis Kelly was the only one that wanted to play in the 1st half...

Offline Houstoncat93

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2010, 06:15:53 PM »
Not sure why we didn't have McGruder in more or sooner just for an energy lift.  He only played 2 minutes against X.  I think the fatigue issue was more mental than physical.  We just weren't focused the whole game.  There just wasn't enough left in the tank.  Great season though.

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2010, 06:28:30 PM »
Great season just like 1988 when we pissed away that shot at the Final 4.

All we can hope for is the next twenty years works out better than the twenty after that one.

All in all very K-State.  Pissing down our legs is what we do.  Good year, not great by any stretch.  We racked up a nice win total and made a nice little run in the tourney, but no league title and three losses to ku will never constitute a great season. You don't cut down the nets for making it to the Elite 8.
Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2010, 06:33:49 PM »
Frank's insistence on starting two offensive tards finally caught up to him.  Sutton is sort of understandable for his supposed "defense," but adding Lu in there just dooms you to a slow offensive start, especially against a very good defensive team.

Oh well.  It's just one of multiple factors that could have made a difference today.  I'm sure we'll get back to the Elite Eight again next year with no problem.  You get opportunities like this all the time.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2010, 06:35:57 PM »
Frank's insistence on starting two offensive tards finally caught up to him.  Sutton is sort of understandable for his supposed "defense," but adding Lu in there just dooms you to a slow offensive start, especially against a very good defensive team.

Oh well.  It's just one of multiple factors that could have made a difference today.  I'm sure we'll get back to the Elite Eight again next year with no problem.  You get opportunities like this all the time.

Butler deserves a ton of credit.  Possibly the best half court D KSU faced all year.  Maybe KU was better, but not by much.

Offline slimz

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2010, 06:37:44 PM »
Frank's insistence on starting two offensive tards finally caught up to him.  Sutton is sort of understandable for his supposed "defense," but adding Lu in there just dooms you to a slow offensive start, especially against a very good defensive team.

Oh well.  It's just one of multiple factors that could have made a difference today.  I'm sure we'll get back to the Elite Eight again next year with no problem.  You get opportunities like this all the time.

Butler deserves a ton of credit.  Possibly the best half court D KSU faced all year.  Maybe KU was better, but not by much.

No doubt.  That's why you need as much offense in there as possible to start.  They weren't a great offensive team--and we were giving up layups, anyway--so we sure coulda used some better players on offense.

But I'm not trying to come down hard on Frank for this.  It's what he did all year, and it worked pretty well results-wise.  I'm just glad Lu's no longer here as an option for Frank.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2010, 06:38:55 PM »

Butler deserves a ton of credit.  Possibly the best half court D KSU faced all year.  Maybe KU was better, but not by much.

THEY ARE JAWS

Offline goldenticket

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2010, 07:25:04 PM »
we did deserve to lose but going into tournament i thought we would make the elite eight and lost to syracuse when we got butler i thought everything was falling our way. still a good season i hope the returning players use this as motivation all year and use this as a building block rather then a one year fluke