Author Topic: Laughable Clock Management  (Read 2309 times)

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
Laughable Clock Management
« on: September 21, 2013, 10:43:41 PM »
Down by 2 scores with under three minutes and we run the play clock all the way down on three consecutive plays. FYBS.

(Want to get rid of the ad? Register now for free!)

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Laughable Clock Management
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 10:45:46 PM »
least of our problems, like complaining about the rain while your house burns down

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 10:47:08 PM »
With three timeouts, it may have worked had not the cough-up king not fumbled the ball off the hip of a blocker opening the way to the end zone.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 10:52:51 PM »
30 seconds left after a 10 second runoff from a penalty, we snap the god damned ball with 10 seconds left in the game down by 2 rough ridin' scores. JFC it would have been better to just rush the field goal team on the field. At least an onside kick and hail mary would still have been on the table. Bill needs to just quit. Let Sean finish this disaster of a season and then let Curry hire a real rough ridin' coach.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 10:54:53 PM »
Why on earth do you run the option inside the ten when you are down two possessions with three minutes remaining??? JFC

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 10:57:10 PM »
30 seconds left after a 10 second runoff from a penalty, we snap the god damned ball with 10 seconds left in the game down by 2 rough ridin' scores. JFC it would have been better to just rush the field goal team on the field. At least an onside kick and hail mary would still have been on the table. Bill needs to just quit. Let Sean finish this disaster of a season and then let Curry hire a real rough ridin' coach.

You serious?  Weber ... remember?
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 10:57:40 PM »
Why on earth do you run the option inside the ten when you are down two possessions with three minutes remaining??? JFC

If I'm QB and Snyder sends that play in with 10 seconds on the play clock like he always does so I don't have time to call something that makes sense, I just spike the rough ridin' football and tell Bill to try again.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 10:58:08 PM »

I would rather have Ron Zook than this crap.

Offline Pendergast

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 10:58:27 PM »

Currinator likes football, would make a good hire.

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 10:59:20 PM »

I would rather have Ron Zook than this crap.

Yeah, you're right.
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2013, 10:59:53 PM »
I have never seen worse clock management than those last two drives. Unbelievable.

Offline The Whale

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2013, 11:00:52 PM »
How exactly is a short side option supposed to work when the QB is too slow to get to the corner and doesn't like contact?

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2013, 11:03:13 PM »
How exactly is a short side option supposed to work when the QB is too slow to get to the corner and doesn't like contact?

No pitch option, short side or not, is going to work when you have a QB who lets the read play both him and the pitch. For the option to be effective, the QB has to expect to take a hit every time whether he keeps it or not, and Waters is too big of a pussy to let that happen.

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 11:03:24 PM »
I have never seen worse clock management than those last two drives. Unbelievable.
Same here. I was stunned, not normal Bill. I mean what are head coach's for if they can't manage the last five minutes properly?

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2013, 11:04:24 PM »
our late-game clock management sucked last year too.
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2013, 11:04:57 PM »
Same here. I was stunned, not normal Bill. I mean what are head coach's for if they can't manage the last five minutes properly?

How much Bill have you watched? Bill consistently mumped time management at the end of games up before his dementia. It's only going to get worse from here.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2013, 11:05:54 PM »
our late-game clock management sucked last year too.
It always sucked. 
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2013, 11:07:46 PM »

Like, we were running the play clock down to 1 second the entire drive with under 3 minutes to go and down by 10. I don't think any other head coach in America would have done that.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2013, 11:09:21 PM »
I'm not completely sure that it wasn't more Waters' fault than Bill's, but it was probably Bill. At some point, Waters just needs to run the first play that is called regardless of what the defense looks like and stop looking at the sideline, though.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2013, 02:11:12 PM »
Bump again. We're not going to win, but have some sense of urgency Bill. My god.

Offline O-town Kat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2013, 02:20:41 PM »
A complete rough ridin' trainwreck on a team you've been able to move on pretty well.