Author Topic: Rank The New Dogshit Big 12  (Read 22045 times)

Offline p1k3

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Rank The New Dogshit Big 12
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2013, 11:25:24 PM »
Boynkin is a fine qb.

He's okay.  Granted, I haven't watched a lot of TCU this year (I skipped the game against LSU and watched some of the SELU game), but he doesn't seem much better than what we have or what anyone else has.

He's no Daniel Sams, is what you're saying.

Offline slackcat

• Katpak'r
  • worst ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2013, 06:16:33 AM »
When will Texas K-State just stop rough ridin' around and hire Art Briles?

:lynchmob:

Offline cas4ksu

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2013, 06:34:28 AM »
I'm excited to see the TCU-Tech game this thursday.

I like Tech in a little upset.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2013, 09:01:11 AM »
Sorry if this respects up this thread/board, but does anyone else wonder if Tech will master both Leach's offense via Kliff's tutelage, and have the benefit of Tubberville's rebuild on defense?  If so, then Tech is underrated in most of these rankings.  TIA.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2013, 09:45:35 AM »
ESPN's later power rankings are out.  An excerpt is presented below:

7. Texas (1-1, 0-0 Big 12, last week: 3): The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire.

8. Kansas State (1-1, 0-0 Big 12, last week: 8): LHC Bill Snyder’s bunch bounced back with a nice performance over one of the Sun Belt’s better teams in Louisiana-Lafayette. Maybe the Wildcats are better off using two quarterbacks, as Jake Waters (278 yards passing) and Daniel Sams (63 yards rushing) got the offense moving in different ways.

9. Kansas (1-0, 0-0 Big 12, last week: 10): Justin McCay made good on his vow to end the Kansas receiver scoreless catch streak, and the Jayhawks handled South Dakota after a shaky first quarter. Next up? A tricky road trip to Rice, which figures to reveal where exactly this Kansas defense is.

10. Iowa State (0-1, 0-0 Big 12, last week: 9): Kansas won its FCS opener. Iowa State did not. But the Cyclones could jump-start their season next weekend. Take home the Cy-Hawk Trophy for a third straight season, and nobody in Ames will be talking about Northern Iowa.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2013, 09:48:07 AM »

7. Texas (1-1, 0-0 Big 12, last week: 3): The roof, the roof, the roof is on fire.

8. Kansas State (1-1, 0-0 Big 12, last week: 8): LHC LHC Bill Snyder’s bunch bounced back with a nice performance over one of the Sun Belt’s better teams in Louisiana-Lafayette. Maybe the Wildcats are better off using two quarterbacks, as Jake Waters (278 yards passing) and Daniel Sams (63 yards rushing) got the offense moving in different ways.

9. Kansas (1-0, 0-0 Big 12, last week: 10): Justin McCay made good on his vow to end the Kansas receiver scoreless catch streak, and the Jayhawks handled South Dakota after a shaky first quarter. Next up? A tricky road trip to Rice, which figures to reveal where exactly this Kansas defense is.

10. Iowa State (0-1, 0-0 Big 12, last week: 9): Kansas won its FCS opener. Iowa State did not. But the Cyclones could jump-start their season next weekend. Take home the Cy-Hawk Trophy for a third straight season, and nobody in Ames will be talking about Northern Iowa.

Jesus, the ISU/Iowa game is going to be so horrible to watch.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2013, 09:50:52 AM »
Not dead last in some type of ranking! :Woohoo:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2013, 10:01:21 AM »

'grats bro you earned it

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2013, 10:04:05 AM »

Yes!  New goal to shoot for: embarrass Rice by more points in a whole game than Manziel could in one half! They can do it!  :cheers:

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2013, 10:04:53 AM »

Yes!  New goal to shoot for: embarrass Rice by more points in a whole game than Manziel could in one half! They can do it!  :cheers:

gonna be a tough game for our hawks bros imo

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2013, 10:06:09 AM »

8. Kansas State (1-1, 0-0 Big 12, last week: 8): LHC LHC Bill Snyder’s bunch bounced back with a nice performance over one of the Sun Belt’s better teams in Louisiana-Lafayette. Maybe the Wildcats are better off using two quarterbacks, as Jake Waters (278 yards passing) and Daniel Sams (63 yards rushing) got the offense moving in different ways.

Jesus, the ISU/Iowa game is going to be so horrible to watch.

Yeah, Iowa is rough ridin' terrible.  Man do those guys hate Ferentz now. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2013, 10:16:41 AM »

Wow, waiting for Iowa to fire him so Currie can make that his marquis football hire.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2013, 10:17:52 AM »

gonna be a tough game for our hawks bros imo

Yup, Rice is favored by 4-5 pts.  Also, we haven't won a road game since Reesing's Jayhawks beat UTEP in 2009, I believe.  But this is a year to cap those damning statistics.  We already have a WR touchdown after going all of last year without one.  Those nerds better be ready on Saturday, because they're gonna be smarting when it's said and done.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2013, 10:19:27 AM »

Wow, waiting for Iowa to fire him so Currie can make that his marquis football hire.

I bet Currie goes after Mack. I really wouldn't even be upset with that.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2013, 10:21:05 AM »
they named it the cy-hawk trophy.  man. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2013, 10:21:38 AM »

I bet Currie goes after Mack. I really wouldn't even be upset with that.
How freaking awesome would it be for Snyder to bring Mack on the staff next year  :love:

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2013, 10:23:16 AM »
Is OU's defense that horrible or is WVU's defense that much improved?  Or is it a combo of both being average?
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2013, 11:24:40 AM »
Is OU's defense that horrible or is WVU's defense that much improved?  Or is it a combo of both being average?
OU's Offense may be that bad - Knight was a %50 passer in HS and it is pretty well established Bell is not a great fit for the Bradford/Jones style of offense.  They have good talent at the skill positions but I am not sure Huepel can maximize what they have. 

Offline Havs

• Taco Walk'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2013, 11:28:21 AM »
Will this be a place of comfort after losing to Iowa, or will I be bombarded with hatred and laughter? Planning ahead now.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2013, 11:29:54 AM »
Will this be a place of comfort after losing to Iowa, or will I be bombarded with hatred and laughter? Planning ahead now.
depends on how much Sams plays

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2013, 11:30:11 AM »

i don't really think anyone will care, TBH

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2013, 11:39:46 AM »
I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited to play in a crappy conference for once. Out of all the years to do it, this is the one.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2013, 11:46:14 AM »

This matchup has no winners for us, this game is as relevant as Bowling Green vs. Akron.

Offline cDubya

• Coal Grab'r
  • Katpak'r
  • KCCO
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2013, 11:54:10 AM »

Combo of so many things that night it would be impossible to judge yet. Most turnovers by OU in like 12 years, some were WVU's D, some were just bad OU (Knight) choices. WVU actually looks to have improved the secondary, but I mean, what else could they do?

OU will have a great running game against average D-lines, of which WVU does not have at the moment. If they have to resort to a passing game, though, they won't win more than 7 games.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 12:00:49 PM by cDubya »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2013, 11:54:44 AM »
I don't know about you guys, but I'm excited to play in a crappy conference for once. Out of all the years to do it, this is the one.

I agree. Baylor is the only team who looks good and they haven't played anybody yet. If they can't stop the run, we might have an outside chance at winning this thing.